SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Looking for a RFID cabinet lock
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Looking for a RFID cabinet lock Login/Join 
posted
I am looking to convert an old hope chest to locked storage.

I was thinking of using an RFID lock.

I see lots of them for $20 or less.

I am looking for something that is reliable and thinking you get what you pay for.

Does anyone have any first hand experience with these locks.

Posts: 4786 | Registered: February 15, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Freethinker
Picture of sigfreund
posted Hide Post
I have one on a Hornady gun safe. Even though it’s always plugged in, it shuts itself off at random. I don’t know if that’s the lock or something else, but then I must use the key backup to open it and unplug the power to reset it.

6.4/93.6
“Cet animal est très méchant, quand on l’attaque il se défend.”

Posts: 47720 | Location: 10,150 Feet Above Sea Level in Colorado | Registered: April 04, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have a Hornady too. I was disappointed to see it was Chinese made. But mine has worked flawlessly.

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16391 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Just because something is legal to do doesn't mean it is the smart thing to do.
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sigfreund:
I have one on a Hornady gun safe. Even though it’s always plugged in, it shuts itself off at random. I don’t know if that’s the lock or something else, but then I must use the key backup to open it and unplug the power to reset it.

Have you talked to Hornady about it? I would think they would want to make it right.

Myself, I don't trust them enough to spend my money on them.

Integrity is doing the right thing, even when nobody is looking.

Posts: 4247 | Location: Metamora MI | Registered: October 31, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post