SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Where is the official I HATE DEI thread ?
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Where is the official I HATE DEI thread ? Login/Join 
My other Sig
is a Steyr.
Picture of .38supersig
posted Hide Post
Disinformation
Exclusion
Intimidation

Posts: 9401 | Location: Somewhere looking for ammo that nobody has at a place I haven't been to for a pistol I couldn't live without... | Registered: December 02, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Cruising the
Highway to Hell
Picture of 95flhr
posted Hide Post
When I retired last year, I told my manger, I’m helping you out, as a non diverse, non woke white male, who is tired of the bullshit, you can now hire someone who meets the quota requirements the company has dictated. I’m done putting up with it.

“Government exists to protect us from each other. Where government has gone beyond its limits is in deciding to protect us from ourselves.”
― Ronald Reagan

Retired old fart

Posts: 6528 | Location: Near the Beaverdam in VA | Registered: February 13, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No More
Mr. Nice Guy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by captain127:
It would be very unpopular and immediately discredited by mainstream media and groups such as BLM, but I would make a safe bet if you studied black society and culture, that blacks which grow up in nuclear families have a substantially higher rate of graduating high school, going to college and being upstanding members of society versus those that did not.

Thomas Sowell and others have shown that prior to the rise of the Great Society welfare system in the 1960's that black families were very common (compared to single motherhood) and the children grew up to be law abiding productive adults.

Sowell says very eloquently that there are behaviors which preclude (or nearly preclude) success, and that these behaviors have become idealized within the black community. Single motherhood, taking drugs, criminal activity, dropping out of school, etc.

It seems similar to some of the Indian reservations, where being the opposite of white is considered desirable, but is a mistaken understanding. They are rejecting successful behaviors which have nothing to do with race.

Posts: 9721 | Location: On the mountain off the grid | Registered: February 25, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Fly-Sig:
quote:
Originally posted by captain127:
It would be very unpopular and immediately discredited by mainstream media and groups such as BLM, but I would make a safe bet if you studied black society and culture, that blacks which grow up in nuclear families have a substantially higher rate of graduating high school, going to college and being upstanding members of society versus those that did not.

Thomas Sowell and others have shown that prior to the rise of the Great Society welfare system in the 1960's that black families were very common (compared to single motherhood) and the children grew up to be law abiding productive adults.

Sowell says very eloquently that there are behaviors which preclude (or nearly preclude) success, and that these behaviors have become idealized within the black community. Single motherhood, taking drugs, criminal activity, dropping out of school, etc.

It seems similar to some of the Indian reservations, where being the opposite of white is considered desirable, but is a mistaken understanding. They are rejecting successful behaviors which have nothing to do with race.

Fly-sig your inclusion of native Americans suffering under similar self induced misery is noteworthy and sadly all too accurate

Posts: 3372 | Location: Finally free in AZ! | Registered: February 14, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
https://twitter.com/libsoftikt.../1760817144781021650

Posts: 13049 | Registered: January 17, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official forum
SIG Pro
enthusiast
Picture of stickman428
posted Hide Post
Almost makes you wonder if there are any damning internal emails that could put Microsoft at risk if they were to be sued for discrimination. Hmmmmm?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The price of liberty and even of common humanity is eternal vigilance

Posts: 21220 | Location: San Dimas CA, The Old Dominion or the Tar Heel State.  | Registered: April 16, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by stickman428:
Almost makes you wonder if there are any damning internal emails that could put Microsoft at risk if they were to be sued for discrimination. Hmmmmm?

I say one month and James O'Keefe and his OMG org will have undercover video from a Microsoft employee. James and his staff sure know how to honeypot someone into talking. I look forward to it.

Posts: 794 | Location: Crestview Florida | Registered: July 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A Beautiful Mind
Picture of DetonicsMk6
posted Hide Post
I was ever so happy for my 2nd retirement, this one from a state agency whose annual training for the last several years indicated that being Caucasian means that I am "unconsciously racist." They had removed Qualified Immunity for LEO's a couple years prior and also passed a statute regarding personal civil damages for LEO's communicating with ICE regarding criminal aliens. I drove out of the parking lot with a smile on my face.

Posts: 4836 | Registered: March 06, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Expert308
posted Hide Post
16 months ago I retired, earlier than I had been planning to, from a smallish (~700 employees) not for profit. We worked with public school districts, federal and state DOEs, etc., toward improving testing of students. We had a handful of clerical types and a dozen or so shipping / receiving people, but most employees were educated, professional level folks. I was one of a few token conservatives, but most were true old-school liberals. I worked there for 21 years and in all that time never heard of a single instance of any race-related conflict.

Then, 3 months into the George Floyd mess, our CEO decided we needed a new department in the company called DEIA. Headed by a newly hired senior VP, a black woman. Her own bio describes (proudly) how she spent her entire career doing racially oriented "work". Suddenly we're all required to spend significant hours in both formal classes and doing extra "study" individually. They gave us a suggested reading list of books and articles with titles like "Why Not Being Racist Isn't Enough." WTF?

The last 2 years I spent there, they spent telling me that I'm a racist because I'm white. And I'm someone who honestly has never had a bigoted bone in my body. How do you feel when somebody accuses you of something ugly when you know damn well you aren't and never have been guilty of it? Well it pisses me off. I immediately resent and then start to actively dislike those who are making the accusations. That whole mess, plus the engineering group being told we had to shift over to a different development system that NONE of us like, made me decide to bail out early.

When I had my exit interview they asked why I'd decided to leave. I told them it was largely because of DEIA. They were starting to turn me into the very thing that they hate so much.

Posts: 7394 | Location: Idaho | Registered: February 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post

Posts: 108990 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Savor the limelight
posted Hide Post
^^^Nice!

Will they eliminate the Black and LGBQT dorms as well?

BLACK CULTURAL LIVING LEARNING COMMUNITY

LAVENDER LIVING LEARNING COMMUNITY

Posts: 11590 | Location: SWFL | Registered: October 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Exceptional Circumstances
Picture of dave7378
posted Hide Post
Desantis states Florida is where DEI goes to die

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 5935 | Location: Hampton Bays, NY | Registered: October 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post

Q

Posts: 27485 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
Remember how we were going to start producing our own computer and component chips in this country for national security reasons?

Well, not so fast thanks to good old DEI:

DEI killed the CHIPS Act

Posts: 34514 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I was going to post this as a separate thread but, its quite an article laying out the issues at Google, and what the DEI attitudes have done in light of the recent dick-stepping rollout of Gemini.

Google's Culture of Fear inside the DEI hivemind that led to gemini's disaster
quote:
* Following interviews with concerned employees throughout the company, a portrait of a leaderless Google in total disarray, making it “impossible to ship good products at Google”

*Revealing the complicated diversity architecture underpinning Gemini’s tool for generating art, which led to its disastrous results

*Google knew their Gemini model’s DEI worldview compromised its performance ahead of launch

*Pervasive and clownish DEI culture, from micro-management of benign language (“ninja”) and bizarre pronoun expectations to forcing the Greyglers, an affinity group for Googlers over 40, to change their name on account of not all people over 40 have grey hair

*No apparent sense of the existential challenge facing the company for the first time in its history, let alone a path to victory

Over the last week, in communication with a flood of Googlers eager to speak on the issues facing their company — from management on almost every major product, to engineering, sales, trust and safety, publicity, and marketing — employees painted a far bleaker portrait of the company than is often reported: Google is a runaway, cash-printing search monopoly with no vision, no leadership, and, due to its incredibly siloed culture, no real sense of what is going on from team to team. The only thing connecting employees is a powerful, sprawling HR bureaucracy that, yes, is totally obsessed with left-wing political dogma. But the company’s zealots are only capable of thriving because no other fount of power asserts, or even attempts to assert, any kind of meaningful influence. The phrase “culture of fear” was used by almost everyone I spoke with, and not only to explain the dearth of resistance to the company’s craziest DEI excesses, but to explain the dearth of innovation from what might be the highest concentration of talented technologists in the world. Employees, at every level, and for almost every reason, are afraid to challenge the many processes which have crippled the company — and outside of promotion season, most are afraid to be noticed. In the words of one senior engineer, “I think it’s impossible to ship good products at Google.” Now, with the company’s core product threatened by a new technology release they just botched on a global stage, that failure to innovate places the company’s existence at risk

Posts: 15053 | Location: Wine Country | Registered: September 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post