SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Question about Exterior Lighting on house walls
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Question about Exterior Lighting on house walls Login/Join 
posted
My brick house has 8 floodlight fixtures built into the brick facade a couple of feet off grade. The brick wall has a design feature called a rain sill about four feet off of grade. As a result the uprights are mostly blocked and do not wash the walls above the rain sill with very much light. I would like to find a way to move the lights out from the wall enough to wash the walls above the rain sill.

I have tried adding a 1.5 inch metal box extension ring to the existing flush metal boxes and mounting the flood light fixtures to that. This did not help much as the rain sill extends out from the wall probably 5 inches or so.

I have not looked but I assume that there may be wider extension rings which may be an option. I also wonder if there may be floodlight fixtures that have an extended arm to take the light out past the rain sill.

So has anyone faced the issue of uplight floods on the exterior of a brick house being blocked by decorative brickwork and found a good way to extend the lights to provide a better wash of light on the walls?

Posts: 1995 | Location: DFW Texas | Registered: March 13, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post