SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Richmond changing name of school
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Richmond changing name of school Login/Join 
Too soon old,
Too late smart
posted
Last school in Richmond named for a Civil War General falls victim to political correctness.

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/r...-j-e-b-stuarts-name/

NRA Life Member
Member Isaac Walton League

I wouldn't let anyone do to me what I've done to myself

Posts: 1490 | Location: NoVa | Registered: March 14, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Knows too little
about too much
Picture of rduckwor
posted Hide Post
I'll bet they will be changing it again in the near future when the truth is known.

RMD

TL Davis: “The Second Amendment is special, not because it protects guns, but because its violation signals a government with the intention to oppress its people…”
Remember: After the first one, the rest are free.

Posts: 20326 | Location: L.A. - Lower Alabama | Registered: April 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Shaql
posted Hide Post
In the first paragraph:
quote:
The Richmond Public School board voted Monday night to change the name of J.E.B. Stuart Elementary to Barack Obama Elementary School,

In the last paragraph:
quote:
and J.E.B. Stuart will be renamed Pleasants Lane Elementary.

So... which is right?

Hedley Lamarr: Wait, wait, wait. I'm unarmed.
Bart: Alright, we'll settle this like men, with our fists.
Hedley Lamarr: Sorry, I just remembered . . . I am armed.

Posts: 6852 | Location: Atlanta | Registered: April 23, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
All the local Richmond news stations are stating that the name is being changed to Barack Obama.

I read this earlier in the morning, and was just flabbergasted.

Not by the name change but because of who they named it after.

If you have to change the name of the school because of PC, then name it after someone who actually affected change or made a difference to the community.

I read that Oliver White Hill, Sr (A civil rights attorney) was considered, and I believe Henry Leander Marsh II (a civil rights attorney and Richmond's first black mayor)was also considered.

But the inept and unqualified morons of the Richmond School Board named it after Obama.

Posts: 1836 | Location: In NC trying to get back to VA | Registered: March 03, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
They just renamed the local liquor store down the street "U.S. Grant Spirits"!!! hahaha.

Posts: 4979 | Registered: April 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post