New
Find
Notify
Tools

Instant Pot® Login/Join 
Lost
Picture of kkina
posted
Anyone use one? I just made my first stew, it came out perfect.

ACCU-STRUT FOR MINI-14
"First, Eyes."

Posts: 16959 | Location: SF Bay Area | Registered: December 11, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go Vols!
Picture of Oz_Shadow
posted Hide Post
Wife uses it tons. Most things come out nice. Pot roast takes 80 minutes and slow release though. Shorter times make it tough.

Posts: 17944 | Location: SE Michigan | Registered: February 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Better Than I Deserve!
Picture of LBTRS
posted Hide Post
We love ours, use it all the time.

Posts: 4990 | Location: Phoenix, AZ | Registered: September 23, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of konata88
posted Hide Post
Frequently.

Try nimono. Or daikon nimono. Or zenzai. Oh, kalbijim.

"Wrong does not cease to be wrong because the majority share in it." L.Tolstoy
"A government is just a body of people, usually, notably, ungoverned." Shepherd Book

Posts: 13115 | Location: In the gilded cage | Registered: December 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
That is my spot.
posted Hide Post
Love ours. Dried beans with no overnight soak!?! Rice easy peasy. Love chicken breast to shred for enchiladas or chicken and rice.

Tons of recipes on line too.

Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety. - Ben Franklin

Posts: 2120 | Location: Rural Tallahassee, FL | Registered: October 26, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Info Guru
Picture of BamaJeepster
posted Hide Post
Had one about 6 months now and use it at least 3 or 4 times a week. Love it - perfect for a busy family.

If you are on FB, you should join the InstantPot Community group - all kinds of recipes and tips/suggestions.
https://www.facebook.com/groups/InstantPotCommunity/

“Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passions, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence.”
- John Adams

Posts: 29408 | Location: In the red hinterlands of Deep Blue VA | Registered: June 29, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Love ours as well. Hard boiled eggs that are 100% perfect and easy to peel. Chicken thighs. Rice. Pork shoulder. Stews. To name some things we really like it for. Definitely a useful time saver.

Posts: 5691 | Registered: October 11, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Shorted to Atmosphere
Picture of Shifferbrains
posted Hide Post
My wife uses ours all of the time. Really good and fast chow has been made.

Posts: 5201 | Location: Manteca, CA | Registered: May 30, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of GarandGuy
posted Hide Post
We have two at our house. One got used tonight, both were used last night and so on and so forth. I can't remember life before we had these. They're a pillar at our abode.

-----------------------------------------------
What's the sense in working hard if you never get to play?

Posts: 1079 | Location: On the outskirts of Richmond | Registered: September 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Too soon old,
too late smart
posted Hide Post
Can’t believe how versatile and easy it is to use. We hardly use the stove top any more.

Posts: 4757 | Location: Southern Texas | Registered: May 17, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of skonie
posted Hide Post
My wife uses it a lot. Quite versatile: Chicken, Roast, stew, veggies, mashed potatoes, even canning.

Posts: 1515 | Location: NV | Registered: July 01, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SigSentry
posted Hide Post
That and the Anova are mainstays in my kitchen. Good to hear they are so popular-must mean people are cooking.

Posts: 3601 | Registered: May 30, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Alienator
Picture of SIG4EVA
posted Hide Post
Fantastic device. Makes great whole chicken soup and rice. I use it weekly for different things. Best part is the pressure cooker which I never had before.

SIG556 Classic
P220 Carry SAS Gen 2 SAO
SP2022 9mm German Triple Serial
P938 SAS
P365 FDE

Psalm 118:24 "This is the day which the Lord hath made; we will rejoice and be glad in it"

Posts: 7161 | Location: NC | Registered: March 16, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The cake is a lie!
Picture of Nismo
posted Hide Post
Used one on a corned beef and came out great.
I like to mess with my wife and pretend I'm walking over to pop the cover in the middle of the cook to take a peek.

Posts: 7451 | Location: CA | Registered: April 08, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Eschew Obfuscation
posted Hide Post
Got one for the wife Christmas before last. At first she was like" What do you expect me to do with this thing?" But, she decided to give it a try and loves it.

Posts: 6580 | Location: Chicago, IL | Registered: December 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Got one for Christmas last year. Makes the best chicken soup! So easy to use.

Posts: 1369 | Registered: October 19, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"The deals you miss don’t hurt you”-B.D. Raney Sr.
posted Hide Post
I e had a 6 at for a few months. I use it regularly.
It’s nice to be able to pour stuff in it, walk away, and come back to a meal.

Posts: 6346 | Location: East Texas | Registered: February 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of UTsig
posted Hide Post
We have one gets used sporadically, wife resists changes in her kitchen!!

"Nature scares me" a quote by my friend Bob after a rough day at sea.

Posts: 3460 | Location: Utah's Dixie | Registered: January 29, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The Instant Pot website has a comparison chart that shows 16 different models, including at least one with Bluetooth! How do you determine which one to buy if you’ve never had a pressure cooker before?

Posts: 1224 | Location: NE Indiana  | Registered: January 20, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lost
Picture of kkina
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by tsmccull:
The Instant Pot website has a comparison chart that shows 16 different models, including at least one with Bluetooth! How do you determine which one to buy if you’ve never had a pressure cooker before?

I looked at all those, and just got the smallest and simplest one. $60.

ACCU-STRUT FOR MINI-14
"First, Eyes."

Posts: 16959 | Location: SF Bay Area | Registered: December 11, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post