SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Armenian/Turkish coffee?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Armenian/Turkish coffee? Login/Join 
Charmingly unsophisticated
Picture of AllenInAR
posted
Impulse buy from Henry's House of Coffee. Does anyone know how a couple of cups of Armenian coffee would stack up to 16oz of French pressed in regards to caffeine?

The artist formerly known as AllenInWV

Posts: 16227 | Location: Harrison, AR | Registered: February 05, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of CQB60
posted Hide Post
I know FP has more caffeine per Oz than espresso & espresso has more than Turkish.

Posts: 13861 | Location: VIrtual | Registered: November 13, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of maladat
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by CQB60:
I know FP has more caffeine per Oz than espresso & espresso has more than Turkish.

I don't think that is correct (particularly, my experience is that I can drink a LOT more French press coffee than Turkish coffee or espresso without getting jittery).

This page says French press averages about 100mg per 8oz (12.5mg per oz), Turkish coffee averages around 200mg per 8oz (25mg per oz), and espresso averages about 75mg per 1 oz shot.

That would make the ranking espresso (by a lot) then Turkish then French press, from most to least.

https://www.thespruceeats.com/...orning-coffee-765274

Posts: 6319 | Location: CA | Registered: January 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Storm
posted Hide Post
From what I recall, the darker the roast, the less caffeine there is. Lighter roasts like Kona, are supposed to have more caffeine, than say Italian Roast. Isn't French Roast a dark roast?

ETA: Apparently, I was wrong .... sort of.

https://www.kickinghorsecoffee...st-has-more-caffeine

Loyalty Above All Else, Except Honor

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 3873 | Location: Colorado | Registered: December 19, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by AllenInWV:
Impulse buy from Henry's House of Coffee. Does anyone know how a couple of cups of Armenian coffee would stack up to 16oz of French pressed in regards to caffeine?

I drink a lot of French Press coffee, almost daily. Drip in between, occasional vac press. I've brought over beans to a friends who drinks Turkish coffee. He ground my beans very finely, brewed me a cup of Turkish, strong yet smooth. The link maladat posted is accurate. Buzzing around with one cup. "Well I feel like I’m talking fast but it’s very hard to tell."

Posts: 3197 | Location: 9860 ft above sea level Colorado | Registered: December 31, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Little ray
of sunshine
Picture of jhe888
posted Hide Post
The variety of the coffee is an important factor. Maybe some method extracts more caffeine from the beans than other methods, but you would have to assume that you're comparing the two methods with the same kind of coffee.

The fish is mute, expressionless. The fish doesn't think because the fish knows everything.

Posts: 53238 | Location: Texas | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Armenian coffee

I have had Armenian made coffee by Armenians in southern Russia. It was served in a small cup with a spoon to drink the thick caffeine rich liquid froth that rose to the top.

If you can't dazzle them with brilliance, baffle them with bullshit!

Sigs Owned - A Bunch

Posts: 4337 | Location: Nashville, Tennessee | Registered: December 16, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
As Extraordinary
as Everyone Else
Picture of smlsig
posted Hide Post
I paid a visit to a Middle East client of mine earlier this morning and he was kind enough to o make real Turkish Coffee.

I can tell you that it will definitely put a giddy up in your step but it it is sooo good.

------------------
Eddie

Our Founding Fathers were men who understood that the right thing is not necessarily the written thing. -kkina

Posts: 6467 | Location: In transit | Registered: February 19, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Charmingly unsophisticated
Picture of AllenInAR
posted Hide Post
I am sure I am not using the best beans, or doing the method the best. 1/2 cup of "Brazil" whole bean from Walmart, 16oz filtered water. $30 press from Amazon and a manual grinder.

But it's good for me. LOL

This Armenian stuff looks good. I am intrigued by the "not bitter" and "crema" stuff, so I figured what the hell. LOL

Can't wait to try it!

The artist formerly known as AllenInWV

Posts: 16227 | Location: Harrison, AR | Registered: February 05, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post