SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Anything seem peculiar about this Carfax Report?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Anything seem peculiar about this Carfax Report? Login/Join 
Raised Hands Surround Us
Three Nails To Protect Us
Picture of Black92LX
posted
https://www.carfax.com/Vehicle...119152&partner=CDM_O

————————————————
The world's not perfect, but it's not that bad.
If we got each other, and that's all we have.
I will be your brother, and I'll hold your hand.
You should know I'll be there for you!

Posts: 25674 | Registered: September 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Besides all of the floor mats that it seems to have gone through?

Posts: 1172 | Registered: July 06, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I kneel for my God,
and I stand for my flag
posted Hide Post
Says it's gray in one spot and silver in another.

Posts: 1846 | Location: Oregon | Registered: September 25, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gone but Together Again.
Dad & Uncle
Picture of h2oys
posted Hide Post
The report does not make sense, that, or my single glass of bourbon has dulled my spidey senses.

It almost looks like a 3-owner and not a 2-owner vehicle.

Posts: 3815 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: November 24, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by h2oys:
The report does not make sense, that, or my single glass of bourbon has dulled my spidey senses.

It almost looks like a 3-owner and not a 2-owner vehicle.

I used to own a used car dealership and be partners in another. Aside from the front end damage/accident. It looks to me like it's a 2 owner car, BUT owner number 2 refinanced the vehicle which would require a different title issued with the 2nd bank or finance company listed as well as the driver/owner.

Posts: 21408 | Registered: June 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Ozarkwoods
posted Hide Post
Looks like the second owner got in over their head and refinanced it several times trying to skip a payment

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 4889 | Location: SWMO | Registered: October 20, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
How many damn sets of floor mats does this car need?

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 21107 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lost
Picture of kkina
posted Hide Post
Does it have something to do with the floor mat recall Toyota had a few years back? (Accelerators getting stuck.)

ACCU-STRUT FOR MINI-14
"First, Eyes."

Posts: 16900 | Location: SF Bay Area | Registered: December 11, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Over reaction to the lawsuits about their vehicles supposedly having run away and crashed due to uncommanded acceleration? Toyota was cutting the bottoms of gas pedals on cars in a recall effort to ensure the pedals weren't getting caught on the floor mats.

My guess it was the dealership just covering its six by documenting that the floor mats were installed correctly and not interfering with the gas pedal.

Typed above as kkina had posted. I agree with him.

Posts: 1161 | Registered: July 23, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Looks like it had more than 2 owners.
If it was the 2nd owner refinancing it, they would not need to re register it.(at least that's how it is in SC)
The state would get updated lean info, if it's the same bank, they would not even need that.

Posts: 1184 | Location: Upstate  | Registered: January 11, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
My other Sig
is a Steyr.
Picture of .38supersig
posted Hide Post
Thinking the floor mat distraction recall was largely for the Camry. When the mats were being 'replaced', the powertrain had to be reprogrammed several times.

Posts: 9404 | Location: Somewhere looking for ammo that nobody has at a place I haven't been to for a pistol I couldn't live without... | Registered: December 02, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
They recalled my Highlander and chopped off the bottom of the gas pedal. I wasn't very happy about it.

Posts: 1161 | Registered: July 23, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Carfax is notoriously unreliable for anything part he title history.

Get a pre purchase inspection done by a reputable 3rd party.

Posts: 3468 | Registered: January 27, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Page late and a dollar short
posted Hide Post
I wonder if the title or registration issued in February and April 2018 that one could have been a plate renewal and the subsequent one could have been for a replacement registration tab/plate or registration paperwork? These actions all share the same title number, same title number from April 2016.

January 2019 another registration renewal and then a month later a refinance? The January transaction shows the same title number as all the actions from 2016 but the February action shows a different title number so a new title was issued for some reason. Lien, change in title if the vehicle was changed to a trust for inheritance reasons, payoff of lien and owner wanted a title without lienholder on it? Sometimes if a long enough time has passed the lienholder may have deleted their old records or the lienholder may have gone out of business or merged complicating matters.

-------------------------------------——————
————————--Ignorance is a powerful tool if applied at the right time, even, usually, surpassing knowledge(E.J.Potter, A.K.A. The Michigan Madman)

Posts: 8380 | Location: Livingston County Michigan USA | Registered: August 11, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Giftedly Outspoken
Picture of sigarms229
posted Hide Post
The floor mats installed thing is just a confirmation that the floor mats are installed correctly.

My fleet Toyota Sienna had the same thing on every service report from the Toyota dealer. There was a line on every report stating the floor mats are installed correctly (meaning locks on drivers side floor mat are engaged.) This was noted in this carfax by 2 different Toyota dealers.

Sometimes, you gotta roll the hard six

Posts: 4576 | Location: SouthCentral PA | Registered: December 05, 1999Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Caught in a loop
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Scurvy:
Carfax is notoriously unreliable for anything part he title history.

Get a pre purchase inspection done by a reputable 3rd party.

Dad bought a car (2007 Porsche Cayenne Turbo S) that turned out to be stolen. They were pros; Carfax was clean as a whistle. In fact, he was the third owner since it was stolen.

"In order to understand recursion, you must first learn the principle of recursion."

Posts: 3374 | Location: Memphis, TN | Registered: August 23, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Raised Hands Surround Us
Three Nails To Protect Us
Picture of Black92LX
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Skins2881:
How many damn sets of floor mats does this car need?

This was my thought as well reading through it. After I posted I showed my wife and she thought maybe they were referring to the paper or plastic mats they use when servicing vehicles.

I had forgotten about Toyota’s floor mat issue until this thread. But I have looked over a bunch of Sequoia Carfaxs and have not seen that on any others.

As for the loan swapping they may just be smart. I have 2 credit unions that I play off each other with vehicle loans.
When we financed our Highlander with the kickbacks for switching I got about $2k back switching numerous times. The whole time I had a 1.99% or lower rate so it essentially ended up being an interest free loan.
Usually offered 2-5% to refinance with them. Once they offered 2% to refinance and $500 if they did not beat the rate by 1%.
I had 1.99% they could only come down to 1.79% I said sweet write it up and just apply the $900 to principal and we’ll roll along.
She looked at me very strange and said 2% is only $400 I said that is very true but you also owe me $500 for not beating my rate by 1%. She said that no one had ever had that happen before.
Sadly they have not offered that deal since.

Carfax is certainly not the only thing to rely on but it can be quite helpful.

————————————————
The world's not perfect, but it's not that bad.
If we got each other, and that's all we have.
I will be your brother, and I'll hold your hand.
You should know I'll be there for you!

Posts: 25674 | Registered: September 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post