SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    What did you get for yourself during the last Apocalypse?
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

What did you get for yourself during the last Apocalypse? Login/Join 
My other Sig
is a Steyr.
Picture of .38supersig
posted Hide Post
Got myself some new friends.

A new guy shows up at work going through some hard times. Spent a few months with him to get his life back together and tried to lead him toward options that his skillset and talents would be better suited. He was able to get a better job and keep his family together.

They hire three more new guys, so I am now tasked to train five of them. Best case scenario is that they are able to safely do the job and not get killed. Only one seems to pay attention and willing to learn. Tried to help him get a promotion even though he wasn't related to anyone (no luck). We know that if either one of us need anything, we'd just have to ask the other.

Posts: 9112 | Location: Somewhere looking for ammo that nobody has at a place I haven't been to for a pistol I couldn't live without... | Registered: December 02, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Now Serving 7.62
Picture of 10X-Shooter
posted Hide Post
Beretta 21A
MKE AP5-P
Griffin Optimus 9 Suppressor since uncle sugar was payin’)
Microtech Ultratech and SBK
Steyr AUG A3 M1 NATO
B&T MK II
Mags
Ammo
Dillon 450 Reloader
Goodies for Dillon
Yaesu 897 and all the goodies for it (tuner, antenna, power supply, etc)
All I can think of for now…

Posts: 6005 | Location: TN | Registered: February 12, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Frangas non Flectes
Picture of P220 Smudge
posted Hide Post
0-0, you’ve been through a lot. I can’t imagine dealing with an economic collapse with a newborn to care for.

9/11 - I was a freshman in college. In New York. Weird time. Didn’t have money, so I didn’t buy anything.

2020 - Got sober, lost 200lbs, bought a truck, a bunch of guns, a bunch of ammo… and body armor. Probably sell a lot of the guns here soon, and invest in more ammo… and night vision. Probably buy a big ass Bowie knife, too. Bucket list and all that.

I don’t think I’ve hit my third apocalypse yet.

Posts: 17061 | Location: Sonoran Desert | Registered: February 10, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Throwin sparks
makin knives
Picture of sybo
posted Hide Post
220 smudge…..
“Got Sober and lost 200 lbs….”

WINNER!!!!!! Blessings to you Brother!

Posts: 6203 | Location: Nashville Tn | Registered: October 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Yew got a spider
on yo head
Picture of DoctorSolo
posted Hide Post
My daughter was born just as the madness was hitting here with stupid lockdowns and idiotic posturing by the governor.

I also bought life insurance and had Cancer-preventative surgery on my face. Also found I'm in otherwise very good health.

Aside from the SCAMDEMIC, the last couple years have been awesome for my family. I hope your situation improves 0-0 always cool to hear your perspective. Can't take anything for granted.

Posts: 5101 | Location: Colorado Springs | Registered: April 12, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Ammunition, magazines and a borderline drinking problem.
Was sober for months until a serious family illness reared its head. Still trying.
Hang in there.

I'd rather be hated for who I am than loved for who I'm not.

Posts: 3652 | Location: The armpit of Ohio | Registered: August 18, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I was "allowed" to work in a gun store (essential business). Since we couldn't really go out, I spent a lot of available funds on guns, including from a refund on a European trip. I picked up some significant bargains on used guns, and had first crack and a number of new releases, like the AXG Scorpion and the AXG Classic. Still was able to shoot at a tiny outdoor range not far from me, and already had a ton of ammo.

Posts: 17121 | Location: Lexington, KY | Registered: October 15, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of dsiets
posted Hide Post
A Glock26. All the cool kids were doing it. They know what I'm talking about. No explanation necessary. Smile

Posts: 7320 | Location: MI | Registered: May 22, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Staring back
from the abyss
Picture of Gustofer
posted Hide Post
Ball lids. A shit ton of wide mouth Ball lids.

Posts: 19975 | Location: Montana | Registered: November 01, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Snapping Twig
posted Hide Post
My mom was claimed by dementia in late 2018, so when we got her stabilized and back to a more healthy state, I bought this:

Then around a year later, after quelling several issues related to mom, I got this:

Mom passed in August 2021, that's when the fight for her assets was initiated by a sibling. Once I had engaged a qualified attorney, and we turned that boat around, I bought this to signify the beginning of the end of a tumultuous struggle.

Once things concluded with mom's estate, I sent our daughter some money. She works hard and was getting paid at a rate that just barely kept her head above water, this money gives her breathing room and allows her reduced stress.

Then I bought my wife a new Lexus NX350 to replace her aging Kia Sorento.

For myself, it's still not real, all financial fundamentals are out the window with clown world running the show, so I garaged all funds and await adults taking control again until I invest.

Posts: 2831 | Registered: May 28, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post