SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    What's Under Your Pizza?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

What's Under Your Pizza? Login/Join 
Lost
Picture of kkina
posted
Decided to try one of those perforated pizza pans. Pleasantly surprised it really made a difference. Noticeably crispier crust. Nice, even cooking. Shorter cooking time. Light, easy to handle, easy to clean (mine has a non-stick coating).

I know there's other options- solid pans, pizza stones (which I haven't tried yet), pizza screens. Maybe I'll try some of those at some point, but for the moment I am very satisfied.

ACCU-STRUT FOR MINI-14
"First, Eyes."

Posts: 16389 | Location: SF Bay Area | Registered: December 11, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
It's all part of
the adventure...
posted Hide Post
When reheating pizza, I just put the slices on the rack of the air fryer. Often, it turns out better than the original pizza. It makes the crust nice and crispy.

Regards From Sunny Tucson,
SigFan

NRA Life - IDPA - USCCA - GOA - JPFO - ACLDN - SAF - AZCDL - ASA

"Faith isn't believing that God can; it's knowing that He will." (From a sign on a church in Nicholasville, Kentucky)

Posts: 1683 | Location: Tucson, Arizona | Registered: January 30, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Legalize the Constitution
Picture of TMats
posted Hide Post
Pizza stone, the only way to fly

Posts: 13301 | Location: Wyoming | Registered: January 10, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Shall Not Be Infringed
Picture of nhracecraft
posted Hide Post
^^^THIS Wink

If Some is Good, and More is Better.....then Too Much, is Just Enough !!
Trump 2024....Save America!
"May Almighty God bless the United States of America" - parabellum 7/26/20
Live Free or Die!

Posts: 8952 | Location: New Hampshire | Registered: October 29, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
pizza, I just put the slices on the rack of the air fryer. Often, it turns out better than the original pizza. It makes the crust nice and crispy.

Regards From Sunny Tucson,
SigFan

I really think it depends on the pizza. My wife is from Chicago and loves Home Run Inn pizza. However the only way I can take it, is on a pizza stone on the webber grille. Some pizza's I have no issue cooking right on the rack in the oven.

“Everybody's got plans...until they get hit.” Mike Tyson

Posts: 280 | Location: OC, CA | Registered: January 02, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Pizza stone with hand kneaded home made crust. On the grill or in a gas oven.

Posts: 385 | Location: NE Kansas | Registered: March 28, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Alienator
Picture of SIG4EVA
posted Hide Post
Pizza stone these days.

SIG556 Classic
P220 Carry SAS Gen 2 SAO
SP2022 9mm German Triple Serial
P938 SAS
P365 FDE

Psalm 118:24 "This is the day which the Lord hath made; we will rejoice and be glad in it"

Posts: 7081 | Location: NC | Registered: March 16, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Cummings Custom Refinishing
posted Hide Post
big Cast Iron pan

Cummings Custom Refinishing offers Quality Craftsmanship at affordable prices. Fully Lic FFL's for over 30 years
OFTEN IMITATED BUT NEVER DUPLICATED
423-639-8924
www.ccrrefinishing.com

Posts: 5208 | Location: Eastern Tn | Registered: March 29, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Saputo stones

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Live today as if it may be your last and learn today as if you will live forever

Posts: 6236 | Location: New Orleans...outside the levees, fishing in the Rigolets | Registered: October 11, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Ironbutt
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 126911:
Pizza stone with hand kneaded home made crust. On the grill or in a gas oven.

We used one of Alton Brown's ideas from years ago, when the Food Network actually had cooking shows on. He said a much cheaper & more versatile alternative to pizza stones is to use UNglazed quarry tile from Lowes or Home Depot. We've been using the same ones for over 20 years, and they were less than $1 each.

Six of the 8 inchers cover the grill surface, or the bottom rack of our gas range, and you can make two pizzas at a time. Heat the oven or grill with the stones inside to around 500 degrees, pop in the pizza & they're done in about 5 minutes. We leave them in the oven all winter, unless my wife needs to use the bottom rack for something.

------------------------------------------------

"It's hard to imagine a more stupid or dangerous way of making decisions, than by putting those decisions in the hands of people who pay no price for being wrong."
Thomas Sowell

Posts: 2048 | Location: PA | Registered: September 01, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
Fresh made/soft dough, we use a pizza stone.
Cheap frozen pizza, directly on the rack.

Reheating leftover pizza, toss it in a skillet on the stove to crisp up the crust without getting it rubbery like it does in the microwave.

The Enemy's gate is down.

Posts: 15373 | Location: Spring, TX | Registered: July 11, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bookers Bourbon
and a good cigar
Picture of Johnny 3eagles
posted Hide Post
Trick to reheating pizza in the microwave...put a cup of water in while reheating. Keeps the crust nice.

BIDEN SUCKS.

If you're goin' through hell, keep on going.
Don't slow down. If you're scared don't show it.
You might get out before the devil even knows you're there.

NRA ENDOWMENT LIFE MEMBER

Posts: 7120 | Location: Arkansas  | Registered: November 06, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
quarter MOA visionary
Picture of smschulz
posted Hide Post
When I was eating Pizza (something I miss dearly on Keto) ~ I used a Pizza Stone.
I would have killed to have an oven ^^^ like above.
I always make everything fresh, from the sauce to the dough.
The only way.
God, I miss Pizza. Frown

Posts: 22943 | Location: Houston, TX | Registered: June 11, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
34" Scale 5-String
Picture of bronicabill
posted Hide Post
About the only thing ever under mine is cardboard. No way I can make a pizza as good as my local Marco's, so I simply order one when I'm in need of a pizza.

Posts: 4604 | Location: Madison, AL | Registered: December 06, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by kkina:

Decided to try one of those perforated pizza pans. Pleasantly surprised it really made a difference. Noticeably crispier crust. Nice, even cooking.
My wife got one of these, maybe ten years ago. We use it all the time. Does a fine job.

Our's is not no-stick, so I might wipe it with a bit of olive oil before using it.

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30729 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
Mostly Cardboard Razz

When we do make it, we have two pizza stones, round and rectangle shapes...

Posts: 23576 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of mark60
posted Hide Post
Buffalo style pizza - on a pan until the top is done then slid onto a steel to finish off the bottom.

Posts: 3469 | Location: God Awful New York | Registered: July 01, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of mikeyspizza
posted Hide Post
Obligatory Post

For various styles of thin pizza, lately it's a perforated dark color cutter pan similar to the OPs, par-baked for a few minutes before adding sauce and cheese. Stones are gathering dust in the corner.

Posts: 4015 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: August 16, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have a stone I slip onto the oven grates, its worked well for 15+ years.

Posts: 14689 | Location: Wine Country | Registered: September 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 71 TRUCK
posted Hide Post
I tried the pizza pan and for me it did not work.Could not get the bottom of the pizza cooked enough.
I have used a pizza stone years and it has worked for me.

The Second Amendment to the United States Constitution.

A well regulated militia being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed.

As ratified by the States and authenticated by Thomas Jefferson, Secretary of State

NRA Life Member

Posts: 2575 | Location: Central Florida, south of the mouse | Registered: March 08, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post