SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    6 Degrees it's cold !
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

6 Degrees it's cold ! Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
Well, it's 0° here now. It will most likely be in negative by morning.

I hate the cold. To me anything under 70° is cold, and anything under 40° is too damn cold!

ARman

Posts: 3153 | Registered: May 19, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
My dog crosses the line
Picture of Jeff Yarchin
posted Hide Post
4 when I woke up, heated up to 5 now. Eek

Posts: 12922 | Registered: June 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Throwin sparks
makin knives
Picture of sybo
posted Hide Post
Nashville 5 degrees this morn!!!!!! Erggggggggghhhhhhh!!!!

Posts: 6203 | Location: Nashville Tn | Registered: October 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Happily Retired
Picture of Bassamatic
posted Hide Post
I hate this...-3 when I got up an hour ago. Slow warming trend coming this week, sure hope so.

.....never marry a woman who is mean to your waitress.

Posts: 5040 | Location: Lake of the Ozarks, MO. | Registered: September 05, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Victim of Life's
Circumstances
Picture of doublesharp
posted Hide Post
-3 in s Indiana near the Ohio River.

Posts: 4697 | Location: Sunnyside of Louisville | Registered: July 04, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Green Mountain Boy
Picture of Jus228
posted Hide Post
It was -14 when I got up this morning. The chickens aren't impressed. Their heated water trough is having a hard time fighting off the ice.

!~God Bless the U.S. Military~!

If the world didn't suck, we'd all fall off

Light travels faster than sound, this is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak

Posts: 5563 | Location: Vermont | Registered: March 02, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Three Generations
of Service
Picture of PHPaul
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Jus228:
It was -14 when I got up this morning. The chickens aren't impressed. Their heated water trough is having a hard time fighting off the ice.

Yup. Worse yet, the coop needs cleaning badly but everything is frozen to the floor/roosts. And just to add insult to injury, seeing as all their natural water sources are frozen solid, the goddamn starlings are taking up residence and crapping all over everything.

Posta get a warmup tomorrow and Thursday, I'll be down there in a freakin' whiteout blizzard cleaning the coop if things thaw out enough.

"Keep some critters" they say, "they're fun to watch" they said. "It'll give you something to do" they said.

Assholes... Big Grin

Be careful when following the masses. Sometimes the M is silent.

Posts: 15234 | Location: Downeast Maine | Registered: March 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Info Guru
Picture of BamaJeepster
posted Hide Post
It was a measly 3 when I was coming into work this morning.

That's not many degrees. We need more degrees here. If you would like to donate some of your degrees PM me and I'll send you my address. We'll take whatever you're willing to spare.

“Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passions, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence.”
- John Adams

Posts: 29408 | Location: In the red hinterlands of Deep Blue VA | Registered: June 29, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Three Generations
of Service
Picture of PHPaul
posted Hide Post
"Godegreeme"

"Kickstart my frozen ass"

Be careful when following the masses. Sometimes the M is silent.

Posts: 15234 | Location: Downeast Maine | Registered: March 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Knowing is Half the Battle
Picture of Scuba Steve Sig
posted Hide Post
-15 now, heatwave from yesterday's -18.

Posts: 2518 | Location: Iowa by way of Missouri | Registered: July 18, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
7.62mm Crusader
posted Hide Post
6 below in northern Kentucky this morning. Wont be working on the old car today.

Posts: 17900 | Location: The Bluegrass State! | Registered: December 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Dances With
Tornados
posted Hide Post
Just look at the bright side and be positive ..... I got nuthin'....

Posts: 11847 | Registered: October 26, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Do---or do not.
There is no try.
posted Hide Post
These temperatures bring back a quote from one of baseball's greatest oddballs and philosophers, former Yankee and Ranger outfielder Mickey Rivers:

"It was so cold today that I saw a dog chasing a cat, and the dog was walking."

Posts: 4501 | Registered: January 01, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Savor the limelight
posted Hide Post
Our northern Michigan neighbors sent us a few pictures of the ice on Lake Huron and said it was -7. We sent them a picture of us kayaking in the Keys and let them know it was 82 degrees warmer where we were.

6 is cold.

Posts: 10950 | Location: SWFL | Registered: October 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Muzzle flash
aficionado
Picture of flashguy
posted Hide Post
Right now it's 28°F here (WC is 18°); predicted to be 22° tonight. For us, that is cold.

flashguy

Texan by choice, not accident of birth

Posts: 27902 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: May 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
7.62mm Crusader
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by trapper189:
Our northern Michigan neighbors sent us a few pictures of the ice on Lake Huron and said it was -7. We sent them a picture of us kayaking in the Keys and let them know it was 82 degrees warmer where we were.

6 is cold.
Yeah but there are sharkies and snakies out there in the Keys... Big Grin

Posts: 17900 | Location: The Bluegrass State! | Registered: December 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Muzzle flash
aficionado
Picture of flashguy
posted Hide Post
Watch out for those ice worms!

flashguy

Texan by choice, not accident of birth

Posts: 27902 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: May 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
It's 5°F here, now. It's predicted to drop to -5°F Friday night into Saturday morning.

Snowing, atm, too. *sigh*... That's what I get for having the Jeep washed, but I can't stand to see the salt on it.

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 2tonicP220
posted Hide Post
A bit brisk at -2 for my am shopping, but at least it was sunny... Dark gray skies which are typical, and it is so much worse. At least I won't sweat as much for my walk today, and the cold air feels great.

I have never been colder or so hot as I have in one location; Ft Benning GA. Miserable damp cold in the 30's, melt iron hot and humid in the summer, where I was never not soaking wet with sweat.

Posts: 2049 | Location: NW PA | Registered: March 03, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
It's -6°F outside the ensigmatic ranch house this morning.

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post