SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Aluminum desiccant packs - Can they be recharged to infinity? And beyond?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Aluminum desiccant packs - Can they be recharged to infinity? And beyond? Login/Join 
posted
https://www.midwayusa.com/prod...-cubic-feet-canister

When the indicator turns pink, is it because of a bad can? The cardboard boxes within? Can the desiccant be defective?

I've got a lot of ammo, all in the original inner pack inside GI cans with one 40 gram aluminum desiccant pack with the handy indicator. I just did my "every few months" check of all the cans, and three indicators (out of about 30) were bad. On one I replaced the entire can and recharged the pack (3 hours at 300), on two others I recharged them (same method), I will check all three again in a few weeks. I recharge ALL the packs, good or bad, every few months. BTW, these cans are in the basement, house has a/c.

I'm confident these 40 gram aluminum packs have good desiccant that can be recharged over and over. Is that correct?

Posts: 15907 | Location: Eastern Iowa | Registered: May 21, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Wait, what?
Picture of gearhounds
posted Hide Post
I have a desi-pack I have recharged a couple of dozen times that I keep in my safe. It seems to turn pink at about the same time of usage as it has from the start, so I suspect yours will too.

My indicator turns pink when moisture reaches critical levels, so I’m guessing yours is the same. Pink means time to recharge in the oven.

“Remember to get vaccinated or a vaccinated person might get sick from a virus they got vaccinated against because you’re not vaccinated.” - author unknown

Posts: 15580 | Location: Martinsburg WV | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post