SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Hellcat trigger issues
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Hellcat trigger issues Login/Join 
posted
Has anyone had any issues with the Springfield Hellcat trigger system? Thanks

Posts: 12 | Registered: March 23, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Can you elaborate please??

Posts: 1804 | Location: Austin TX | Registered: October 30, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Whack-Job
Whisperer
Picture of 18DAI
posted Hide Post
The Hellcat in our rental case, if you pull the trigger with pressure to one side or the other, it will not fire. You have to center your finger on the trigger and pull straight back.

Is that what you are experiencing? Regards 18DAI

7+1 Rounds of hope and change

Posts: 4231 | Registered: August 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I Deal In Lead
Picture of Flash-LB
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 18DAI:
The Hellcat in our rental case, if you pull the trigger with pressure to one side or the other, it will not fire. You have to center your finger on the trigger and pull straight back.

Is that what you are experiencing? Regards 18DAI

Wow. If I owned one, that would cause it to be sold ASAP.

Posts: 10626 | Location: Gilbert Arizona | Registered: March 21, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Mine shoots fine with no trigger issues.
Not sure what issue(s) you might be having. Little more information.

I'd rather be hated for who I am than loved for who I'm not.

Posts: 3652 | Location: The armpit of Ohio | Registered: August 18, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
My Time is Yours
Picture of davetruong
posted Hide Post
That's a known issue with the hellcat. I have experienced it and had it replaced with an Apex trigger. It shoots great now.

God, Family, Country.

Posts: 6010 | Location: Orange County, California | Registered: October 09, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
If it only fires when the trigger is pulled straight to the rear it would make a great training gun. Could be touted as a “feature.” Wink

“People have to really suffer before they can risk doing what they love.” –Chuck Palahnuik

Be harder to kill: https://preparefit.ck.page

Posts: 5043 | Location: Oregon | Registered: October 02, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
There was a youtube video on how to eliminate that problem.You have to do light sanding on the trigger. I did it on mine and it eliminated the problem.Although I am not sure it was that big of deal in the first place.It took quite a bit of side pressure to keep the fire arm from firing.

Posts: 602 | Location: NW Pa. USA | Registered: January 25, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post