SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Anyone use the Surefire earplugs?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Anyone use the Surefire earplugs? Login/Join 
Web Clavin Extraordinaire
Picture of Oat_Action_Man
posted
Which model and what do you think?

----------------------------

Chuck Norris put the laughter in "manslaughter"

Educating the youth of America, one declension at a time.

Posts: 19837 | Location: SE PA | Registered: January 12, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of JasonATI
posted Hide Post
https://www.surefire.com/ep3-sonic-defenders.html

These are the ones I use, I wouldn't bother getting the ones with the flip up piece because its a pain to get it back in place.

I would definitely get another set with the silicon ear piece vs the foam.

Main reason I picked up a set was I didn't want to have ear muffs out shooting USPSA when its over 100 degrees out.

Posts: 429 | Location: South Dakota | Registered: October 13, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"Member"
Picture of cas
posted Hide Post
I bought a pair when they came out. Received another at a match a few years later. IMO... better than nothing, but not better than anything else.

Posts: 21123 | Location: 18th & Fairfax  | Registered: May 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I use them as an RSO on an uncovered outdoor pistol range fairly regular. They work for that. I wouldn't recommend them for an indoor rifle/pistol range.

Posts: 4592 | Location: Where ever Uncle Sam Sends Me | Registered: March 05, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bolt Thrower
Picture of Voshterkoff
posted Hide Post
I use the three flange for shooting and think it's better than most plugs. I have thought about getting the one with the removable insert to limit noise at work. I still have to be able to hear normal volume conversations. Has anyone here used them similarly? Safariland has a similar product out as well.

Posts: 9981 | Location: Woodinville, WA | Registered: March 30, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Raised Hands Surround Us
Three Nails To Protect Us
Picture of Black92LX
posted Hide Post
I use the 3 flange couple with Howard Leight muffs.
I only use them by themselves when shooting .22

————————————————
The world's not perfect, but it's not that bad.
If we got each other, and that's all we have.
I will be your brother, and I'll hold your hand.
You should know I'll be there for you!

Posts: 25448 | Registered: September 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of sjames
posted Hide Post
I got a pair of the EP7 for dove hunting and open air pistol range/suppressed rifle.

While not perfect, I’ve found them helpful for hearing things when hunting but still protecting hearing.

When shooting unsuppressed, I double up with foam and muffs.

Posts: 2505 | Location: Central Texas | Registered: August 22, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I use an old pair of ep3 underneath muffs. Gotta double up to keep the hearing I still have. I use them on their own when working at clubs and they're great for that.

Posts: 4283 | Location: Peoples Republic of Berkeley | Registered: June 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of jbcummings
posted Hide Post
I use the EP5 plugs. Little better muffling and about a dollar cheaper.

———-
Do not meddle in the affairs of wizards, for thou art crunchy and taste good with catsup.

Posts: 4306 | Location: DFW | Registered: May 21, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post