SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Has Anyone Had Kids Who Truely Believed in "Tracking" Santa (or believed themselves)?
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Has Anyone Had Kids Who Truely Believed in "Tracking" Santa (or believed themselves)? Login/Join 
Picture of Expert308
posted Hide Post
We were over at my parents' house last night. My sister and BIL were there along with their son and a kid who's an exchange student from Mexico (yeah, legally). Miguel's family never did the Santa thing so he was a little unfamiliar with it all. So at one point there were two smart phones each running a different Santa-tracking app. One had him in Nova Scotia and the other - at the same time - in Brazil. That discrepancy was making Miguel a little suspicious of the whole thing. So I explained that, suspension of the laws a physical aside, since he works from east to west, he has to zigzag north and south to cover all the territory. So if you plot his track on a map, it would look like a very tightly packed north-south zigzag pattern gradually extending further and further west. He bought it and everything was cool.

Posts: 7272 | Location: Idaho | Registered: February 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Unmanned Writer
Picture of LS1 GTO
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by BurtonRW:
What do you mean “believed”? Are there people who think he’s not real? Confused

-Rob

Never said anything about Santa, just the tracker. Wink

Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it.

"If dogs don't go to Heaven, I want to go where they go" Will Rogers

The definition of the words we used, carry a meaning of their own...

Posts: 14039 | Location: It was Lat: 33.xxxx Lon: 44.xxxx now it's CA :( | Registered: March 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
We don't do Santa.

We track The Krampus !! Big Grin

https://www.google.com/search?...mgrc=BBWQViAdhAkxVM:

---------------------------

Proverbs 27:17 - As iron sharpens iron, so one man sharpens another.

Posts: 8940 | Location: Florida | Registered: September 20, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Sig209:
We don't do Santa.

We track The Krampus !! Big Grin

https://www.google.com/search?...mgrc=BBWQViAdhAkxVM:

---------------------------

The original Grinch. Well not really, but hey someone (thing) has to take care of the naughty children!

ARman

Posts: 3156 | Registered: May 19, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Oh, and Santa Claus is real! Razz

ARman

Posts: 3156 | Registered: May 19, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Saluki
posted Hide Post
There was a Christmas when Santa stopped at Grandmas house Christmas Eve. We talked (Santa had a heavy German accent, did you know?), he admonished me and my sister for not being home and in bed. Well as we hauled ass to get across town we saw Rudolfs nose shining bright above us.

True story.

----------The weather is here I wish you were beautiful----------

Posts: 5158 | Location: southern Mn | Registered: February 26, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
sick puppy
posted Hide Post
My kids, 7 and 4, still firmly believe. The magic is so fun for them.
I remember my mom never telling me one way or another. When I was probably 8 or 9 or so, I remember asking her "is santa real?" and all she would answer was "if you don't believe then he wont come."
I always felt like that was the perfect answer.

But the real truth of how he gets around so fast is obvious, isn't it?:

Posts: 7546 | Location: Alpine, Ut | Registered: February 17, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post