SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Uber will defy new CA law requiring drivers to be classified as employees
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Uber will defy new CA law requiring drivers to be classified as employees Login/Join 
Muzzle flash
aficionado
Picture of flashguy
posted Hide Post
I've never used Uber of Lyft, but I can see that some folks find them useful. However, if this law remains in force, both those services will simply shut their doors in California and folks will have to fall back on taxis, public transportation, or their own cars.

flashguy

Texan by choice, not accident of birth

Posts: 27911 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: May 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ignored facts
still exist
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sleepla8er:

Uber's argument is that their "core" business is not transportation ~ their "core" business is the technology of the app on the customer's phone.

Yet, they tell the drivers (of their own cars) that they can't carry a gun while driving for Uber.

----------------------
Let's Go Brandon!

Posts: 11087 | Location: 45 miles from the Pacific Ocean | Registered: February 28, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Rick Lee
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by radioman:
Yet, they tell the drivers (of their own cars) that they can't carry a gun while driving for Uber.

I always did. Always.

Posts: 3684 | Location: Cave Creek, AZ | Registered: October 24, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Glorious SPAM!
Picture of mbinky
posted Hide Post
I never drove for Uber, but I rode in a few. And I always had a gun on me.

Posts: 10640 | Registered: June 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post