SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Plymouth Prowler karma
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Plymouth Prowler karma Login/Join 
Picture of vthoky
posted
Now, now, let's not get too excited -- I'm not giving away an actual Prowler.

A bunch of years ago, in a job far far away (well, not too far, really) I worked for a company who developed and supplied some parts for the Prowler.

Along the way, I picked up a pair of die-cast Prowlers, one in yellow and one in a purple/maroon color similar to the real ones. These things are pretty cool, but I really don't need them sitting in my cabinet these days. I can't just toss things, though; I like for them to go to people who have a use or appreciation for them.

Pics grabbed from the web:

So. Here we are. These two mini-Prowlers need a new good home. Lets try it like this:

* Got a Prowler (or a friend with a Prowler) and want these? Say so quickly, and it's an instant karma.
* Short of that, I'll do the random-pick thing tomorrow or Monday.

Sound fair? Happy prowling.... Cool

God bless America.

Posts: 13529 | Location: The mountainous part of Hokie Nation! | Registered: July 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I do not have a Prowler so I’m only in if this goes long term. Prowlers are cool, I’m not nearly cool enough to have one. Lol

Posts: 7540 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I'm in -- I got my car guy grandson a Corvette LEGO kit for Christmas, but he had already opened one from Santa, so I have been looking for a suitable replacement gift...

Pragmatism: the relentless pursuit of seeing things as they really are.

Posts: 172 | Registered: September 21, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
It's not easy being me
posted Hide Post
I'd like to include myself, as I've seen both versions pass me in Nashville. But for some some reason I was more impressed by the yellow version.

Posts: 2769 | Location: Middle TN | Registered: March 22, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
I'm in for the longer-term karma if it happens. That purple/maroon color sounds like the Prowler after which my wife always lusted. I'd love to present her with it Smile

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 4MUL8R
posted Hide Post
I always appreciated what Chrysler did with the Prowler. They did what they wanted to do, for no reason other than it was cool. A friend here in Richmond had one, kept it for years, drove it rarely, and sold it to pay for a motorcycle. Which he promptly dropped in a gravel parking lot. Twice at one meal. Damaged a pristine Suzuki cruiser. That's what you get when you sell a Prowler!

Would enjoy having a model of one!

-------
Trying to simplify my life...

Posts: 5084 | Location: Commonwealth of Virginia | Registered: January 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Always loved the Prowler, but they never fit into my greyman persona. Would love one for the grandkids playroom. Thanks for the chance.

"The days are stacked against what we think we are." Jim Harrison

Posts: 1120 | Location: Ann Arbor | Registered: September 07, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of UTsig
posted Hide Post
One of these would be perfect for a young man I know, 6 years old. Both his parents were GM engineers, he's a car kid. Happy New Year and thank you.

"Nature scares me" a quote by my friend Bob after a rough day at sea.

Posts: 3408 | Location: Utah's Dixie | Registered: January 29, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of vthoky
posted Hide Post
Good morning, gents. It's almost 24 hours since the last post, so I figured it was time to run Mark's Karma Picker.

I spun it twice, and the winners are CharlieSW and ensigmatic.

Ensigmatic: you mentioned the purple/maroon specifically, so that one is yours. Sound fair?

You guys email me your shipping addresses, please, and I'll make plans to get these Prowlers on their way this week.

I'll look through the box-o-goodies downstairs and see if there's some more Prowler coolness around, too.

God bless America.

Posts: 13529 | Location: The mountainous part of Hokie Nation! | Registered: July 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by vthoky:
Good morning, gents. It's almost 24 hours since the last post, so I figured it was time to run Mark's Karma Picker.

I spun it twice, and the winners are CharlieSW and ensigmatic.

Ensigmatic: you mentioned the purple/maroon specifically, so that one is yours. Sound fair?

Terrific! Thank you very much, vthoky! I'll email my mailing address forthwith.

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of vthoky
posted Hide Post
Got it, ensigmatic!

God bless America.

posted Hide Post
Thanks, vthoky -- I just sent you an email.
My grandson will be very pleased to receive this Karma!

Pragmatism: the relentless pursuit of seeing things as they really are.

Posts: 172 | Registered: September 21, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of vthoky
posted Hide Post
Got it, Charlie!
I'll get Prowlers on the move this week.

God bless America.

posted Hide Post
I always liked the Prowler but it should have had a better engine.

Posts: 2560 | Location: Central Virginia | Registered: July 20, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
My wife posted her good fortune to FB

Looks like somebody finally caught-on, though. As we expected: A nephew who's an engineer and classic car aficionado Smile

Thanks again for the karma, vthoky!

Picture of vthoky
posted Hide Post
^^^^

Nicely staged, Mrs Ensigmatic! Cool

quote:
Originally posted by NK402:
I always liked the Prowler but it should have had a better engine.

You're not wrong.

God bless America.