SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Darwin missed one. Woman climbed into Jaguar enclosure to take selfie
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Darwin missed one. Woman climbed into Jaguar enclosure to take selfie Login/Join 
I have not yet begun
to procrastinate
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by tacfoley:
A few years back my daughter and I went to a local zoo that has a couple of Siberian tigers - they are in the WWF tiger breeding programme.
One of these VERY big cats took a standing jump straight up nine or ten feet onto a platform without turning a whisker. I asked one of keepers just how much it weighed - oh, around 450 pounds, we haven't weighed her so far this month as she's a bit hissy - we think she might be pregnant...

Wednesday is the day to go to Out of Africa. They feed on Wed, Fri & Sun, so Wed is the only day that they've waited for 2 days without food.
I watched a Siberian tiger that had a deer head tossed to him. He bit a CHUNK out of the skull like a human bites a chocolate bar. It remains one of the most impressive things I've ever seen an animal do.
(well that, and my 8 month old Golden Ret. swallowing a dove whole Wink )

--------
After the game, the King and the pawn go into the same box.

Posts: 3775 | Location: Central AZ | Registered: October 26, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Cynic
Picture of charlie12
posted Hide Post
Maybe she'll get a Jag Tattoo

Posts: 13022 | Location: Pride, Louisiana | Registered: August 14, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Whiney byotch. I have had worse wounds on my eye. Unsatisfactory.

Posts: 405 | Registered: November 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I saw her "apology" on Fox News tonight, in which she blamed the zoo, saying the fences should be further back from the cages.

What a Maroon! Roll Eyes

--------------------------
Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats.
-- H L Mencken

I always prefer reality when I can figure out what it is.
-- JALLEN 10/18/18

Posts: 9186 | Location: Illinois farm country | Registered: November 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Drug Dealer
Picture of Jim Shugart
posted Hide Post
Too bad the stupid twat didn't get eated.

When a thing is funny, search it carefully for a hidden truth. - George Bernard Shaw

Posts: 15490 | Location: Virginia | Registered: July 03, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of downtownv
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Jim Shugart:
Too bad the stupid twat didn't get eaten.

Oh but I am sure it was, plenty of times! Big Grin

https://www.teampython.com

Posts: 8401 | Location: 18 miles long, 6 Miles at Sea | Registered: January 22, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Coin Sniper
Picture of Rightwire
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Jim Shugart:
Too bad the stupid twat didn't get eated.

That's animal abuse..... Clearly the cat knew better

Pronoun: His Royal Highness and benevolent Majesty of all he surveys

343 - Never Forget

Its better to be Pavlov's dog than Schrodinger's cat

There are three types of mistakes; Those you learn from, those you suffer from, and those you don't survive.

Posts: 38006 | Location: Above the snow line in Michigan | Registered: May 21, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Something wild
is loose
Picture of Doc H.
posted Hide Post
A jaguar is larger and sturdier than a leopard, and can weigh in over 200 pounds. They can easily kill and eat humans - the power of the big cats is awe-inspiring. Thousands, if not tens of thousands of our ancestors, were hunted, killed and eaten by felids. If you have a 10 pound kitty and have played "grab my ankle and chew on it," imagine an animal 20 to 50 times that size and strength, with razors in their feet and no sense of humor; an unarmed human has absolutely no chance of surviving a serious attack from a fully grown big cat. From the genes in their every cell, to the tip of their twitchy tails, they are evolved for hunting, running down and killing prey. It's what they do. Once we feared the dark for a reason. A very good one. I blame Disney and YouTube for this poor idiot's perception of reality. Her future descendants, if any, will be because of a flimsy iron mesh and resulting love-tap, between her and a certain, bloody, agonizing death.

"And gentlemen in England now abed, shall think themselves accursed they were not here, and hold their manhoods cheap whiles any speaks that fought with us upon Saint Crispin's Day"

Posts: 2746 | Location: The Shire | Registered: October 22, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by newtoSig765:
I saw her "apology" on Fox News tonight, in which she blamed the zoo, saying the fences should be further back from the cages.

What a Maroon! Roll Eyes

Yes, idiot. It wouldn't matter how far away the fence is from the cage if she climbs over it and walks to the cage!*

*unless it is so far her lazy-stoopid-ass can't walk that far.

“People have to really suffer before they can risk doing what they love.” –Chuck Palahnuik

Be harder to kill: https://preparefit.ck.page

Posts: 5043 | Location: Oregon | Registered: October 02, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No, not like
Bill Clinton
Picture of BigSwede
posted Hide Post
What in the wide wide world of stupid?

Posts: 5357 | Location: GA | Registered: September 23, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of TigerDore
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by charlie12:
Maybe she'll get a Jag Tattoo

I think she's got one; done by the Jag himself.

Posts: 8628 | Registered: September 26, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Still finding my way
Picture of Ryanp225
posted Hide Post
Best comment on the link:
"WAKANDA FOREVER !!!!"

And yeah, I've seen guys shot in the face that carried on less than that stupid bitch.

Posts: 10851 | Registered: January 04, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Hoping for better pharmaceuticals
Picture of AZSigs
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 2000Z-71:
We've been to that zoo several times. It's a private zoo and not what you would call, "sophisticated". Enclosures are pretty basic.

That said, unbelievably stupid. The zoo has already announced that the jaguar will not be put down.

Apparently the woman called the zoo telling them it was her fault and not the jag's. Begged them to let her live.

Getting shot is no achievement. Hitting your enemy is. NRA Endowment Member . NRA instructor

Posts: 8753 | Location: Peoria, Arizona | Registered: April 02, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post