SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Has your info been hacked?
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Has your info been hacked? Login/Join 
God will always provide
Picture of Fla. Jim
posted
Here is a site to see if your info has been gobbled up with others. 3.8 billion so far that are known.....Just changed my password again on my e-mail and added Lifelock several years ago.

https://haveibeenpwned.com/

Posts: 4411 | Location: White City, Florida | Registered: January 11, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Deplorable_Dixie
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the link. I had my apple account hacked last year and someone spent $125.00 I had from Apple gift cards that I have never used. Got it all solved but since then I have different passwords for my email accounts than I do my other type of accounts online. That way if they get my email password, they don't know my password for apple, Amazon and vice versa. I've had to write them all down though because I can't remember them...Razz

Posts: 59 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 11, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
For real?
Picture of Chowser
posted Hide Post
Thanks! Out of my almost a dozen email addresses, the main two that I use for everything (@yahoo.com) especially spam are the only compromised ones and I change the passwords monthly for those (up to a 21 character phrase now!)

It's only garbage stuff anyway, linked in, myspace (can't believe this is still active), lastfm, nexus mods, pretty much stuff i don't use anymore

Not minority enough!

Posts: 8024 | Location: Cleveland, OH | Registered: August 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I had my MSN email account ghosted last month. No information stolen thankfully but my account would send out mass emails ranging from dating Russian women to penis enlargement.
I closed it down and now have Gmail.

I'd rather be hated for who I am than loved for who I'm not.

Posts: 3652 | Location: The armpit of Ohio | Registered: August 18, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Back, and
to the left
Picture of 83v45magna
posted Hide Post
I searched a couple of addresses I use. One said 'no breached sites but one paste'. forgive my innocence of the term, but what's a 'paste'? Jacking clipboarded info?

Posts: 7266 | Location: Dallas | Registered: August 04, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 83v45magna:
I searched a couple of addresses I use. One said 'no breached sites but one paste'. forgive my innocence of the term, but what's a 'paste'? Jacking clipboarded info?

What is a "paste" and why include it on this site?
A "paste" is information that has been "pasted" to a publicly facing website designed to share content such as Pastebin. These services are favoured by hackers due to the ease of anonymously sharing information and they're frequently the first place a breach appears.

HIBP searches through pastes that are broadcast by the @dumpmon Twitter account and reported as having emails that are a potential indicator of a breach. Finding an email address in a paste does not immediately mean it has been disclosed as the result of a breach. Review the paste and determine if your account has been compromised then take appropriate action such as changing passwords.

Posts: 5419 | Location: Pittsburgh, PA, USA | Registered: February 27, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of punch out
posted Hide Post
http://hackedcreditcards.com

Here is a similar site where you put in your credit card number and expiration date, then they tell you if it has been stolen.

Mine are all secure!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"We are more concerned with American Idol than we are with American Security and freedom..."

Posts: 3830 | Location: Land of the Prius... | Registered: February 17, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Certified All Positions
Picture of arcwelder
posted Hide Post
Is Lifelock useful? What does it actually do?

Arc.
"You're a junkyard dog." - Lupe Flores. RIP

Posts: 27000 | Location: On fire, off the shoulder of Orion | Registered: June 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of RichardC
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by joatmonv:
ranging from dating Russian women to penis enlargement.

Hey, in for a ruble, in for a pound.

Blessed be the Lord, my Rock

Posts: 15898 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 23, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Military Arms Collector
Picture of darkest2000
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by punch out:

Here is a similar site where you put in your credit card number and expiration date, then they tell you if it has been stolen.

Mine are all secure!

How ironic would it be if the direct cause for having one's CC info stolen is by inputting it into such a site.

Posts: 10833 | Location: Orange County, CA, USA | Registered: March 18, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of sigmoid
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by arcwelder76:

No
They are reactive only, not proactive
You do not get information until after a crime has been commited
Ask me how I know
$13k is a clue

________,_____________________________
Guns don't kill people - Alec Baldwin kills people.

Posts: 1309 | Location: Idaho | Registered: July 07, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
quote:
LifeLock is legit, but its value, relative to its cost, depends on whether or not you have the time and knowledge to protect your own credit.

Lifelock, while legit, does absolutely nothing that you cannot do for yourself. The service has value for people who might not have the time or the knowledge to deal with their own credit protection.

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30694 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
My info was compromised at least three times.

Linkedin

Home Depot

The Federal Government office of OPM

They got my life history and fingerprints there.

I was one of millions.

It will be like winning the lottery in reverse for any of it to matter.

Posts: 4743 | Registered: February 15, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
God will always provide
Picture of Fla. Jim
posted Hide Post
quote:

They are supposed to keep tract of all your credit card purchases and will let you know if someone is trying to use your Name SS# and or address to get a loan or buy a car etc. They recently notified me of someone using my SS# and name to try and get a new house loan. They checked it out for me, and stopped the loan when I informed them it was not me.

Posts: 4411 | Location: White City, Florida | Registered: January 11, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Truth Seeker
Picture of StorminNormin
posted Hide Post
quote:

Mine are all secure!

I will check my email, but I don't trust putting in credit card info WITH the expiration date.

NRA Benefactor Life Member

Posts: 8668 | Location: The Lone Star State | Registered: July 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
posted Hide Post
quote:

Mine are all secure!

I guess I am a cynical bastage, but I was a little reluctant to enter an email address. I can't imagine going to a website and entering my credit card information.

After a card was frauded, I set up alerts on the replacement card. I get a text anytime anything is charged to the card. If there is fraud again, I'll know pretty much instantly.

Posts: 6920 | Location: Lost, but making time. | Registered: February 23, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Cruising the
Highway to Hell
Picture of 95flhr
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by V-Tail:
quote:
LifeLock is legit, but its value, relative to its cost, depends on whether or not you have the time and knowledge to protect your own credit.

Lifelock, while legit, does absolutely nothing that you cannot do for yourself. The service has value for people who might not have the time or the knowledge to deal with their own credit protection.

Be proactive, freeze your credit at all three credit agancies.

“Government exists to protect us from each other. Where government has gone beyond its limits is in deciding to protect us from ourselves.”
― Ronald Reagan

Retired old fart

Posts: 6487 | Location: Near the Beaverdam in VA | Registered: February 13, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of dsiets
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by darkest2000:
quote:

Mine are all secure!

How ironic would it be if the direct cause for having one's CC info stolen is by inputting it into such a site.

I'm pretty sure this is a joke right? I click on the lick and no page exists. Are people actually connecting to a sight that takes their CC info? And people are giving it?

Posts: 7361 | Location: MI | Registered: May 22, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A man's got to know
his limitations
Picture of hberttmank
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 95flhr:

This sounds like a good idea how do I go about doing this? I don't need to buy anything on credit.

"But, as luck would have it, he stood up. He caught that chunk of lead." Gunnery Sergeant Carlos Hathcock

Posts: 9366 | Registered: March 23, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by hberttmank:
quote:
Originally posted by 95flhr:

This sounds like a good idea how do I go about doing this? I don't need to buy anything on credit.

Start here:

https://www.experian.com/freeze/center.html

https://www.transunion.com/cre.../place-credit-freeze

Transunion and experian are 2 of the major credit firms.

We did this 3 or 4 years ago when her purse was stolen in College. Getting it done took some effort but worth it IMO.

We had to get it thawed when she later tried to rent an apartment (had to go through a credit check) but it worked out okay.

-------------------------------

Proverbs 27:17 - As iron sharpens iron, so one man sharpens another.

Posts: 8940 | Location: Florida | Registered: September 20, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post