SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Switching gears on cars...Volvo
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Switching gears on cars...Volvo Login/Join 
eh-TEE-oh-clez
Picture of Aeteocles
posted Hide Post
Dave,

I have a 2022 XC90 Recharge Inscription "Expression" (It's like a half step down from the top trim). We love it.

Mine is from the first half of 2022, before they switched to the bigger 40 mile battery and the extra 40 horses. Mine's 400ish HP with "18" mile battery.

So far so good. It's more spacious inside than my similarly sized Land Rover Discovery. Both from a passenger perspective as well as cargo capacity.

I'm averaging something like 80 miles per gallon with my typical usage (like you, mostly short trips). Car has over 3700 miles right now, and I still only on my third tank of gas.

My only gripe is that there zero places to put sunglasses/phones/knick knacks and the like when you get in. It's got one really shallow spot wireless recharging phone and two cup holders up in front and whatever little storage under the armrest console.

I think the car is handsome, the interior is very well done, and overall exudes "stealth wealth".

Come by sometime and you can check it out.

Posts: 13048 | Location: Orange County, California | Registered: May 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
eh-TEE-oh-clez
Picture of Aeteocles
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sjtill:
I see prices START at $64,000. That would buy a lot of gas even at today's prices.

Volvo is positioned as a luxury marque. Buyers typically cross shop the Volvo an Audi Q7, BMX X5/X7, Acura MDX and Mercedes GLS.

In that bracket of luxury 3 row crossovers ("SUV"), the Volvo actually presents a tremendous value. Similarly equipped Audi/BMW/Mercedes are eye wateringly expensive.

Additionally, the newer 2022 (late half of model year 2022) qualifies for a full $7,500 electric vehicle tax credit.

Besides, the Hybrid engines here aren't about being economical. Its still a 400-440 hp car.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Aeteocles,

Posts: 13048 | Location: Orange County, California | Registered: May 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
eh-TEE-oh-clez
Picture of Aeteocles
posted Hide Post
Dave,

Additional thought. Have you considered just skipping ahead and getting a high roof 4x4 Mercedes Sprinter crew van?

You can deck it out so that you can carry surfboards, mountain bikes, kayaks, and camping stuff all up in there? Throw some solar on the roof, auxillary battery, A/C, and a backcountry style chest freezer/fridge. You'd have an epic rig for road trips, as well as a great base of operations for sports and activities.

Anyway, just trying to live vicariously through you =)