SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Pimento Cheese recipes?
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Pimento Cheese recipes? Login/Join 
Banned
posted Hide Post
Here's my Dad's recipe -- you need to run everything through a meat grinder with cutters set for the consistency of hamburger:

2 lbs. extra sharp cheese
1 stalk of celery
2 large onions
2 green peppers
1 large jar sweet pickles
8 jars of pimentos
Mix thoroughly and add salt, pepper, cayenne to taste.

Posts: 1400 | Location: Butte, Mont. | Registered: May 31, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Little ray
of sunshine
Picture of jhe888
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by MTJbyrd:
Here's my Dad's recipe -- you need to run everything through a meat grinder with cutters set for the consistency of hamburger:

2 lbs. extra sharp cheese
1 stalk of celery
2 large onions
2 green peppers
1 large jar sweet pickles
8 jars of pimentos
Mix thoroughly and add salt, pepper, cayenne to taste.

No mayo?

The fish is mute, expressionless. The fish doesn't think because the fish knows everything.

Posts: 53249 | Location: Texas | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
I've made it and all the recipes seem to call for only Cheddar, but I've used half Cheddar and half Velveeta and it came out really well.

Posts: 34642 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Ice Cream Man
posted Hide Post
As an FYI, by mayo, those recipes mean Duke’s.

Posts: 5930 | Location: Republic of Ice Cream, Low Country, SC. | Registered: May 24, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A teetotaling
beer aficionado
Picture of NavyGuy
posted Hide Post
I like it simple with fewer added spices.

Jallen's cheese, mayo and pimentos is a great base (or by itself). Maybe add some cream cheese and a small squeeze of lemon and some fresh ground pepper. And use a good mayo or make your own. No runny store brands or Miracle Whip. (no offense to the MW lovers, but not in this house)

Men fight for liberty and win it with hard knocks. Their children, brought up easy, let it slip away again, poor fools. And their grandchildren are once more slaves.

-D.H. Lawrence

Posts: 11524 | Location: Fort Worth, Texas | Registered: February 07, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Equal Opportunity Mocker
Picture of slabsides45
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Aglifter:

Phillistines at the gate!

"You cannot legislate the poor into freedom by legislating the wealthy out of freedom. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving."
-Dr. Adrian Rogers

Posts: 6391 | Location: Mogadishu on the Mississippi | Registered: February 26, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oh stewardess,
I speak jive.
Picture of 46and2
posted Hide Post
I'm going to try all of these.

Thanks.

Posts: 25613 | Registered: March 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Glorious SPAM!
Picture of mbinky
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 46and2:
I'm going to try all of these.

Dream big!

I have never made it but I might try. Seems easy enough. And it is delicious with Ritz crackers....Food Lion sells a brand I enjoy with jalapeños that is real good. Palmetto Cheese from Pawleys Island Specialty Foods.

Posts: 10640 | Registered: June 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Anarion
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Aglifter:

On the recipe I posted, by mayo, it means Hellmann's/Best Foods. Wink

==============================
On the fields of friendly strife are sown the seeds that on other days and other fields will bear the fruits of victory.
Gen. Douglas MacArthur

Posts: 3106 | Location: Houston | Registered: December 09, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of olfuzzy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mbinky:
Food Lion sells a brand I enjoy with jalapeños that is real good. Palmetto Cheese from Pawleys Island Specialty Foods.

You just jogged my memory. I found this recipe quite a while back and have been meaning to try it.

Jalapeno Pimiento Cheese

1 8oz package cream cheese, softened
1/3 cup chopped pickled jalapeno peppers
¼ cup mayonnaise
2 Tbs. pickled jalapeno pepper juice
4 cups shredded sharp Cheddar cheese
2 4oz jars diced pimiento peppers, drained
1 12oz jar roasted red bell peppers, chopped and drained

Using an electric mixer, combine the cream cheese, jalapenos, mayonnaise and pepper juice, blending well.
Stir in the Cheddar, pimientos and bell peppers. Cover and refrigerate at least 2 hours before serving.

Posts: 5181 | Location: 20 miles north of hell | Registered: November 07, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post