SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Pimento Cheese recipes?
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Pimento Cheese recipes? Login/Join 
Oh stewardess,
I speak jive.
Picture of 46and2
posted
Anyone have one they love and are willing to share?

No one in my family or close friends has one, and I've been craving it lately.

Figured I'd ask before resorting to simply Googling it / looking to Alton Brown.

Posts: 25613 | Registered: March 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I believe in the
principle of
Due Process
Picture of JALLEN
posted Hide Post
Shredded mild cheddar, mayo and pimentos is what I use.

Luckily, I have enough willpower to control the driving ambition that rages within me.

When you had the votes, we did things your way. Now, we have the votes and you will be doing things our way. This lesson in political reality from Lyndon B. Johnson

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible." - Justice Janice Rogers Brown

Posts: 48369 | Location: Texas hill country | Registered: July 04, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Equal Opportunity Mocker
Picture of slabsides45
posted Hide Post
My wife uses one that has a bit of Worchestershire sauce in it, and it is bar-none the best recipe I've tried. I will try to procure the recipe for you....

"You cannot legislate the poor into freedom by legislating the wealthy out of freedom. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving."
-Dr. Adrian Rogers

Posts: 6391 | Location: Mogadishu on the Mississippi | Registered: February 26, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Hillbilly Wannabe
posted Hide Post
I've used this one and it is pretty good.

https://www.cookscountry.com/r.../8222-pimento-cheese

Posts: 2556 | Location: Georgia | Registered: July 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of cne32507
posted Hide Post
Publix carries a Palmetto and Cheese from South Carolina. Spicy, maybe has cayenne. I have the Masters, Augusta National copycat recipe. I'll look for it.

Here it is:
Masters P&C

Posts: 2520 | Location: High Sierra & Low Desert | Registered: February 03, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Anarion
posted Hide Post
1 pound grated Cheddar Cheese
1/2 pound grated Pepper Jack Cheese
1 4 oz can diced pimentos (or more if preferred)
1/3 teaspoon granulated garlic
1/3 teaspoons granulated onion
1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
Pinch cayenne
1/2 tablespoon green pepper sauce (more or less to taste)
2/3 cup mayonnaise

Mix all ingredients in bowl and refrigerate for 1 hour or overnight.

==============================
On the fields of friendly strife are sown the seeds that on other days and other fields will bear the fruits of victory.
Gen. Douglas MacArthur

Posts: 3106 | Location: Houston | Registered: December 09, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of olfuzzy
posted Hide Post
Died and Gone to Pimento Cheese Heaven

8 oz cream cheese, softened
½ C. (Approx. 4 oz.) Vermont extra-sharp white cheddar cheese, grated
¾ C. (Approx. 5 oz) sharp cheddar cheese, grated
1 C. (Approx. 6 oz.) Monterey Jack cheese, grated
½ C. Miracle Whip
1 tsp. red wine vinegar
4 oz. diced pimientos, drained
½ tsp. onion powder
½ tsp. garlic powder
½ tsp. paprika
Pinch cayenne pepper
Fresh ground black pepper, to taste

With an electric mixer, cream the cream cheese. Add the other cheeses, Miracle Whip,. vinegar, pimentos, onion powder, garlic powder, paprika, cayenne, and black pepper. Beat until creamy and combined.

Cover and refrigerate for about an hour before serving.

Posts: 5181 | Location: 20 miles north of hell | Registered: November 07, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Anarion:
1 pound grated Cheddar Cheese
1/2 pound grated Pepper Jack Cheese
1 4 oz can diced pimentos (or more if preferred)
1/3 teaspoon granulated garlic
1/3 teaspoons granulated onion
1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
Pinch cayenne
1/2 tablespoon green pepper sauce (more or less to taste)
2/3 cup mayonnaise

Mix all ingredients in bowl and refrigerate for 1 hour or overnight.

This real close to what I use

Last batch I made I substituted roasted red bell peppers for pimentos. Make your own or they can be found with the olives usually at local grocery

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Live today as if it may be your last and learn today as if you will live forever

Posts: 6302 | Location: New Orleans...outside the levees, fishing in the Rigolets | Registered: October 11, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oh stewardess,
I speak jive.
Picture of 46and2
posted Hide Post
All of those sound good. ^

Knows too little
about too much
Picture of rduckwor
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by JALLEN:

This plus a little hot sauce of your choosing to give some ZING!

RMD

TL Davis: “The Second Amendment is special, not because it protects guns, but because its violation signals a government with the intention to oppress its people…”
Remember: After the first one, the rest are free.

Posts: 20395 | Location: L.A. - Lower Alabama | Registered: April 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oh stewardess,
I speak jive.
Picture of 46and2
posted Hide Post
Some of the recipes I read call for Sharp Cheddar, specifically due to it having less moisture content than mild, which is supposed to have a meaningful effect on the texture.

Have you ever noticed a difference?

I believe in the
principle of
Due Process
Picture of JALLEN
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by rduckwor:
quote:
Originally posted by JALLEN:

This plus a little hot sauce of your choosing to give some ZING!

RMD

At my age and in my condition, zing is no longer what it’s cracked up to be.

Luckily, I have enough willpower to control the driving ambition that rages within me.

When you had the votes, we did things your way. Now, we have the votes and you will be doing things our way. This lesson in political reality from Lyndon B. Johnson

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible." - Justice Janice Rogers Brown

Posts: 48369 | Location: Texas hill country | Registered: July 04, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
I smoke pork butts fairly often, and quesadillas made with pulled pork, pimento cheese, and Frank's Red Hot is one of my favorite things to make with the leftover pork.

I've never made my own pimento cheese, though. I'll have to give that a shot. I usually buy it premade from Sam's Club - either the Smoked Gouda pimento cheese or Palmetto pimento cheese.

Posts: 33101 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oh stewardess,
I speak jive.
Picture of 46and2
posted Hide Post
^ Pulled Pork Quesadillas are one of my favorites, too.

I'll have to try it with Pimento. I usually just use regular Mexi Shredded.

quote:
Sam's Club...Smoked Gouda pimento

Oh man, that sounds good, too. I guess I have a reason to go to Sam's, too, now.

Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 46and2:
quote:
Sam's Club...Smoked Gouda pimento

Oh man, that sounds good, too. I guess I have a reason to go to Sam's, too, now.

https://www.samsclub.com/sams/...31oz/prod20596913.ip

Posts: 33101 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Little ray
of sunshine
Picture of jhe888
posted Hide Post
A little cream cheese is a good addition. It makes it spread nicely, and gives it a creaminess that is good.

Some lemon/vinegar and worchestershire sauce also pep it up a little.

The fish is mute, expressionless. The fish doesn't think because the fish knows everything.

Posts: 53249 | Location: Texas | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Unmanned Writer
Picture of LS1 GTO
posted Hide Post
46and2, thank you for asking this. I was just thinking about the very subject as my deceased father used to love that sammich.

I never knew the importance of finding out such information from a parent until approximately 10 years after his death.

All - thank you for some wonderful ideas. I suspect I will try a few out and pass along my favorite(s) to my brothers.

Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it.

"If dogs don't go to Heaven, I want to go where they go" Will Rogers

The definition of the words we used, carry a meaning of their own...

Posts: 14160 | Location: It was Lat: 33.xxxx Lon: 44.xxxx now it's CA :( | Registered: March 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
quarter MOA visionary
Picture of smschulz
posted Hide Post
So what is the bread of choice for this fine sammich?

Posts: 23226 | Location: Houston, TX | Registered: June 11, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Little ray
of sunshine
Picture of jhe888
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by smschulz:
So what is the bread of choice for this fine sammich?

Wonder is traditional.

I like plain white bread, but one of the higher-end, non-squishy varieties.

The fish is mute, expressionless. The fish doesn't think because the fish knows everything.

Posts: 53249 | Location: Texas | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oh stewardess,
I speak jive.
Picture of 46and2
posted Hide Post
I eat it as a dip rather than make sandwiches, on crackers or chips.