SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Citizen Automatic watch (lefty) with a neat patina and a strange issue
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Citizen Automatic watch (lefty) with a neat patina and a strange issue Login/Join 
Official forum
SIG Pro
enthusiast
Picture of stickman428
posted
I really like the look and feel of this Citizen diver. This watch keeps excellent time so long as you don’t wear it....which kind of defeats the purpose. Big Grin The rotor will begin to spin on its own if you shake it for longer than 30-45 seconds. Eek It makes a strange and awful metallic spring like sound then the rotor spins like crazy for a few seconds. Yeah. It looks like I’ll be tearing into it when my watch repair tool kit arrives in a few days. (I ordered it prior to scooping up this beautiful but problematic Citizen on the flea bay).

I’ll try to fix it and worst case scenario I guess if I break something I could just source another 8200 movement and try again.

Hopefully it being left handed doesn’t complicate the replacement/parts movement acquisition process.

**edit to add**. Anyone know what language the day wheel is displaying? Kanji?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The price of liberty and even of common humanity is eternal vigilance

Posts: 21121 | Location: San Dimas CA, the Old Dominion or the Tar Heel State…flip a coin  | Registered: April 16, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official forum
SIG Pro
enthusiast
Picture of stickman428
posted Hide Post
Not much love for the citizen autos?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Posts: 21121 | Location: San Dimas CA, the Old Dominion or the Tar Heel State…flip a coin  | Registered: April 16, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
is circumspective
Picture of vinnybass
posted Hide Post
I'm a hard-core left-hander, (can't bring myself to say lefty) and I had no idea there were left-handed watches. Where have I been?

"We're all travelers in this world. From the sweet grass to the packing house. Birth 'til death. We travel between the eternities."

Posts: 5488 | Location: Las Vegas, NV. | Registered: May 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I dig it. I believe that’s a Kanji date wheel. The mesh bracelet is unique. I assume it’s afternarket ? Nice Patina on that watch.

Posts: 4781 | Location: Florida Panhandle  | Registered: November 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Eating elephants
one bite at a time
Picture of ffips
posted Hide Post
Not sure on the language. Set it manually and roll through a date change. You might find it has 2 languages. I have one that is English and ???

Posts: 3573 | Location: in the southwest Atlanta metro area | Registered: September 10, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official forum
SIG Pro
enthusiast
Picture of stickman428
posted Hide Post
Yeah you are right. It displays English and something??

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Official forum
SIG Pro
enthusiast
Picture of stickman428
posted Hide Post
Monday is one horizontal line
Tuesday is two horizontal lines
Wednesday is three
And Thursday is a strange hieroglyphic looking thing seen in the 1st pic.....

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Eating elephants
one bite at a time
Picture of ffips
posted Hide Post
Google Monday and Thursday in Chinese.

It's simplified Chinese. Smile

Posts: 3573 | Location: in the southwest Atlanta metro area | Registered: September 10, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bolt Thrower
Picture of Voshterkoff
posted Hide Post
Nice diver, not enough left hand watches out there.

Posts: 9978 | Location: Woodinville, WA | Registered: March 30, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post