SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Weird police shooting
Page 1 ... 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 ... 38
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Weird police shooting Login/Join 
Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Balzé Halzé:
quote:
Originally posted by sdy:
2017 mayor candidate list looks scary

I'd have to go with Captain Jack Sparrow.
Seriously, that city doesn't stand a chance.

They are screwed.

quote:
The city I grew up in has been radically transformed, with approximately one hundred thousand Somalis imported through a State Department initiative taken because of the state’s generous welfare expenditures. An entire African, Muslim community was grafted onto what had been the most heavily Caucasian major metropolitan area in the country. Perhaps the first ever diversity graft onto an American metropolis, engineered by the federal government.

Both by themselves (electing Democrats for over 60 years) and by the federal government refugee program.

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible."
-- Justice Janice Rogers Brown

"The United States government is the largest criminal enterprise on earth."
-rduckwor

Posts: 24117 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: April 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
OK, it's all coming into focus now.

"I am your retribution." - Donald Trump, speech at CPAC, March 4, 2023

Posts: 107602 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
quote:
If we don't get it, shut it down.

What is "it"? What do they mean by "shut it down"?

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20824 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Delusions of Adequacy
Picture of zoom6zoom
posted Hide Post
apparently someone has already stuck this up at the SE Corner of Snelling and University.

I have my own style of humor. I call it Snarkasm.

Posts: 17944 | Location: Virginia | Registered: June 02, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Uppity Helot
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by MNSIG:
quote:
Originally posted by 2012BOSS302:Importing poverty from abroad, creating slums (and dependence) in areas throughout the country. Somalia is a shit hole, who would ever think this is a good idea to import people from there, or from several other shit holes in the world.

Lutheran Social Services and Catholic Charities that are paid for each and every one they relocate.

If those groups enjoy 403C status, then I for one would love to see it revoked.

Posts: 3148 | Location: Manheim, PA | Registered: September 04, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by divil:
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by 2012BOSS302:Importing poverty from abroad, creating slums (and dependence) in areas throughout the country. Somalia is a shit hole, who would ever think this is a good idea to import people from there, or from several other shit holes in the world.

Lutheran Social Services and Catholic Charities that are paid for each and every one they relocate.

If those groups enjoy 403C status, then I for one would love to see it revoked.

I'd love to see something worse than that happen to them. Unless you have experienced it, you have no idea how disruptive it is to a community to have this happen. It's not just about changing the minority population. Incompatible religion, culture, language, etc. My wife and I drove through the West Bank area of Minneapolis a few weeks ago (middle of the day). It looks like a third world country.

Posts: 8957 | Location: The Red part of Minnesota | Registered: October 06, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
It was a couple years ago, but in one election some reporters went to a voting precinct in the Somali district. No one understood what they were saying.

All of the people running the voting and all the voters were speaking in their native language.

Posts: 19578 | Registered: July 21, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Semper Fi - 1775
Picture of Ronin1069
posted Hide Post
Of all the immigrants I've seen this state take in, Somalis have gone out of their way to resist assimilating more than any other shithole country. The are turning pockets of Minneapolis and St. Paul into mini villages. I've walked into a Starbucks where I was given "the look" by them.

The FBI had to build a fucking facility in Brooklyn Park (just outside of Minneapolis) because of the number of Samalis sending money back and young men being recruited into terrorism.

That whole country can eat a bag of dicks.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 12333 | Location: Belly of the Beast | Registered: January 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No double standards
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Ronin1069:...Of all the immigrants I've seen this state take in, Somalis have gone out of their way to resist assimilating....

A few thoughts, a bit of a broken record.

Under the name of tolerance and diversity, liberals esteem foreign cultures to be at least equal to, often superior to, traditional American culture (think white males). Yet hijab Islam is very demeaning/oppressive to women, and fatal to LGBT's. Sooner or later the factions within the liberal dogma will erupt against each other. When that happens, they will never admit their foundation has major flaws.

A few years ago at a college district diversity training session, we were divided into "diversity groups" to discuss ways to implement diversity in daily campus life and then report on our group's findings. The Muslims refused to "diversity", would only meet with themselves.

I find it curious that many immigrants come to this nation for a better life than is possible in their homeland. But they bring with them the cultural norms and practices from their homelands that make their former life so miserable, and expect the US to assimilate to them rather than the other way around.

I also find it curious that many immigrants demand rights for themselves here in the US, which rights they would never allow to immigrants to their homelands. The demand freedom of religion for themselves, but then want sharia law enforced on others.

"Liberty lies in the hearts of men and women. When it dies there, no constitution, no law, no court can save it....While it lies there, it needs no constitution, no law, no court to save it"
- Judge Learned Hand, May 1944

Posts: 30668 | Location: UT | Registered: November 11, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Staring back
from the abyss
Picture of Gustofer
posted Hide Post
quote:
My wife and I drove through the West Bank area of Minneapolis a few weeks ago (middle of the day). It looks like a third world country.

Kind of like the real West Bank. Most, if not all, of the populated areas there look like a landfill.

Posts: 20103 | Location: Montana | Registered: November 01, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Gustofer:
Kind of like the real West Bank. Most, if not all, of the populated areas there look like a landfill.

Very true.

Posts: 8957 | Location: The Red part of Minnesota | Registered: October 06, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Semper Fi - 1775
Picture of Ronin1069
posted Hide Post
He can F off with this noise. The city might finally be waking up.

Somali city-councilman blasts anti-Somali rhetoric in wake of Damond shooting

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 12333 | Location: Belly of the Beast | Registered: January 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Sigforum K9 handler
Picture of jljones
posted Hide Post
I really doubt that anyone is waking up. As long as American Idol, or whatever fad TV show keeps coming on, this will fade from the news cycle and the world keeps spinning.

We've been here before. Change has to come from people that either A) Can admit they are wrong or B) People have to give a shit to force the ones that are wrong to admit they are wrong.

Until that time comes, the cycle completes itself and starts over. They will never admit their policies are failing. The left has a standard answer. When things aren't working, go left harder. All of their bad decisions are backed with other peoples money. It is no big deal. A pay off here, a pay off there. Blame, blame, blame. This won't be laid at the feet of those responsible for creating it. This will be laid at the feat of a boogeyman that can be turned into political hay. Grumblings are already underway about needing to "reform" the police. The IDIOT in the above article talking about Somali children afraid to go outside, blah, blah, blah. Fine. Make Minneapolis more like Mogadishu. Let warlords run the city. See if they enjoy that any better. If they don't want that, they need to conform to western civilization.

There will be no admission of guilt on the behalf of those truly responsible. Until crime forces the citizens of the city to give a shit, the cycle continues.

www.opspectraining.com

"It's a bold strategy, Cotton. Let's see if it works out for them"

Posts: 37117 | Location: Logical | Registered: September 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Until crime forces the citizens of the city to give a shit, the cycle continues.

Those who give a shit will move out of the city.
And the cycle continues.

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible."
-- Justice Janice Rogers Brown

"The United States government is the largest criminal enterprise on earth."
-rduckwor

Posts: 24117 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: April 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Sigforum K9 handler
Picture of jljones
posted Hide Post
probably so.

www.opspectraining.com

Posts: 37117 | Location: Logical | Registered: September 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No double standards
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jljones:....They will never admit their policies are failing. The left has a standard answer. When things aren't working, go left harder. All of their bad decisions are backed with other peoples money. It is no big deal. A pay off here, a pay off there. Blame, blame, blame. This won't be laid at the feet of those responsible for creating it. This will be laid at the feat of a boogeyman that can be turned into political hay. Grumblings are already underway about needing to "reform" the police. The IDIOT in the above article talking about Somali children afraid to go outside, blah, blah, blah. Fine. Make Minneapolis more like Mogadishu. Let warlords run the city. See if they enjoy that any better. If they don't want that, they need to conform to western civilization....

Goebbels is alive and well in Minneapolis. Except now he doesn't have to hide the truth, the truth can stare liberals in the face and they still swallow the lie.

"Liberty lies in the hearts of men and women. When it dies there, no constitution, no law, no court can save it....While it lies there, it needs no constitution, no law, no court to save it"

Posts: 30668 | Location: UT | Registered: November 11, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Scoutmaster:
I find it curious that many immigrants come to this nation for a better life than is possible in their homeland. But they bring with them the cultural norms and practices from their homelands that make their former life so miserable, and expect the US to assimilate to them rather than the other way around.

It is kind of funny, but the first thing that leapt into my mind on reading this was the many complaints I've heard about folks who escape California to get away from all the *^%# here, then bring it with them to their new home. Could it be that all people (or at least almost all) are resistant to change and have a tendency to stick to what they are used to? I don't know, but I hope I don't drag any of this nonsense with me when I escape!

Posts: 6919 | Location: Lost, but making time. | Registered: February 23, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No double standards
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by slosig:
quote:
Originally posted by Scoutmaster:

It is kind of funny, but the first thing that leapt into my mind on reading this was the many complaints I've heard about folks who escape California to get away from all the *^%# here, then bring it with them to their new home.....

Sidenote. Our current plan is to escape next Spring. Smile

Picture of 2BobTanner
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jljones:....

There will be no admission of guilt on the behalf of those truly responsible. Until crime forces the citizens of the city to give a shit, the cycle continues.

You and I live in the same city, and the daily news cycle on local TV continually reports the same things happening over and over in a certain area of the city; and people wonder and bemoan why nothing changes. Your statement rings true for everywhere. Frown

---------------------
LGBFJB

"Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it." — Mark Twain

“Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard.” — H. L. Mencken

Posts: 2699 | Location: Falls of the Ohio River, Kain-tuk-e | Registered: January 13, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Sigforum K9 handler
Picture of jljones
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 2BobTanner:
quote:
Originally posted by jljones:....

You and I live in the same city, and the daily news cycle on local TV continually reports the same things happening over and over in a certain area of the city; and people wonder and bemoan why nothing changes. Your statement rings true for everywhere. Frown

Yeah, you're right man. It's a daily thing.

www.opspectraining.com