SIGforum
Goodbye Lucy

This topic can be found at:
https://sigforum.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/320601935/m/8550063424

May 17, 2017, 09:51 AM
357fuzz
Goodbye Lucy
We fostered an old yellow lab named Lucy 5 years ago. She then turned into a forever foster. Just a little while ago we took her to the vet to be put down. She was in pain and miserable. Now Lucy is at peace. Here is a pic from last night in the Pathfinder. Went for a ride with the wife and kids and stopped for some cheeseburgers and an ice cream cone. RIP Big Girl.

[IMG:left] [/IMG]
May 17, 2017, 09:53 AM
archerman
Goodbye Lucy, and is sounds like she took good care of you for the last 5 years.

Archerman
May 17, 2017, 09:54 AM
sigmonkey
Frown

Dang.

If that is not the face of pure love.

I am glad for you and Lucy, that she rescued you when you needed her.

"the meaning of life, is to give life meaning" Ani Yehudi אני יהודי Le'olam lo shuv לעולם לא שוב!
May 17, 2017, 09:57 AM
coloradohunter44
So sorry. They make life so much better for us. May she RIP.

"Someday I hope to be half the man my bird-dog thinks I am."

FBLM LGB!
May 17, 2017, 10:01 AM
JRC
So very sorry for your loss.

My Chipper, Heidi, Tillie and Sampson look forward to welcoming your Lucy across the Rainbow Bridge.

https://www.rainbowsbridge.com/Poem.htm
May 17, 2017, 10:08 AM
MRMATT
Nothing matches the companionship of a good dog. My sincerest condolences.

"A free people ought not only to be armed and disciplined but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them, which would include their own government." George Washington.
May 17, 2017, 10:16 AM
Prefontaine
Only been a year for me, so these posts are still quite difficult to read.

What am I doing? I'm talking to an empty telephone
May 17, 2017, 10:20 AM
flashguy
I've yet to personally experience the loss of a pet, but I do sympathize. (My eldest cat, Rusty, died while I was away from home, at the vet's, following a supposedly routine procedure. I was very upset that I wasn't with him at the time.)

Lucy sounds as if she were a wonderful companion.

flashguy

Texan by choice, not accident of birth
May 17, 2017, 10:29 AM
Skins2881
Rest in peace Lucy.

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis
May 17, 2017, 10:33 AM
HayesGreener
So sorry for your loss. They leave such a void when they are gone. Good girl, Lucy

CMSGT USAF (Retired)
Chief of Police (Retired)
May 17, 2017, 10:36 AM
FlyingScot
So sorry for your loss and happy that you had such a great girl for 5 years.

I've made that same drive twice and it is the hardest thing to do.

“Forigive your enemy, but remember the bastard’s name.”

-Scottish proverb
May 17, 2017, 10:39 AM
V-Tail
Heartbreaking.

I still choke up when I think about my Pippi girl.

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים
May 17, 2017, 10:40 AM
ArLEOret
Sorry for your loss. RIP Lucy.

Officers lives matter!
May 17, 2017, 10:45 AM
Rey HRH
at least you gave her 5 good years.

I'm beginning to get attached to my dogs. they grow on you.

I understand they have about 10 years lifespan for mini-poodles. I've started thinking how many more years I still have them. Yeah, i'm a half-empty glass kind of guy. But I don't let them know what I'm thinking.

"It did not really matter what we expected from life, but rather what life expected from us. We needed to stop asking about the meaning of life, and instead to think of ourselves as those who were being questioned by life – daily and hourly. Our answer must consist not in talk and meditation, but in right action and in right conduct. Life ultimately means taking the responsibility to find the right answer to its problems and to fulfill the tasks which it constantly sets for each individual." Viktor Frankl, Man's Search for Meaning, 1946.
May 17, 2017, 10:47 AM
grumpy1
RIP Lucy and bless you for giving her the best years of her life. She will be forever in your heart.
May 17, 2017, 10:52 AM
msfzoe
So sad to lose a four legged family member.
My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family.
May 17, 2017, 11:18 AM
BGULL
So sorry, you have our prayers.

Bill Gullette
May 17, 2017, 11:25 AM
Browndrake
Wishing you comfort my friend. Losing a good dog is awfully hard. We had to put our black lab down almost 3 years ago and there is not a day that goes by that I don't think of those kind and gentle brown eyes looking up at me.

Be on your guard; stand firm in the faith; be men of courage; be strong. Do everything in love.
- 1 Corinthians 16:13-14

May 17, 2017, 11:29 AM
shoevb
So sorry to hear about Lucy. It sounds like you gave her a good home.
May 17, 2017, 11:31 AM
rainman64
That's the thing about rescuing animals.
They rescue us to.
Thank you for providing the dog a loving home and opening your life to such a great one.