SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    FBI sets record for gun check requests on Black Friday
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

FBI sets record for gun check requests on Black Friday Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 45 Cal:
That is great.
I would bet lots more guns were sold than that check number.
In my state with a carry permit you show it and walk out with the purchase in hand

Same in Florida, there is no waiting with a carry permit. BUT, you still have to fill out a form that is recorded as a sale.

Posts: 21417 | Registered: June 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Purveyor of Death
and Destruction
Picture of walker77
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mr kablammo:
If these are new owners, I hope that they are joining the NRA, JPFO, GOA, RKBA,,,,

How many times does the NRA need to throw us under a bus before people get wise. They are not on our side.

Posts: 7404 | Location: Raymore, Missouri | Registered: June 24, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go Vols!
Picture of Oz_Shadow
posted Hide Post
I had a funny experience ... I got walked out of a chain store with a stripped lower as if it was a complete firearm.

Posts: 17944 | Location: SE Michigan | Registered: February 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A day late, and
a dollar short
Picture of Warhorse
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by walker77:
quote:
If these are new owners, I hope that they are joining the NRA, JPFO, GOA, RKBA,,,,

How many times does the NRA need to throw us under a bus before people get wise. They are not on our side.

Really...just whose side do you think they are on?

Posts: 13718 | Location: Michigan | Registered: July 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Muzzle flash
aficionado
Picture of flashguy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 45 Cal:
That is great.
I would bet lots more guns were sold than that check number.
In my state with a carry permit you show it and walk out with the purchase in hand
Same here in Texas. CHL/LTC and no NICS check required.

I did buy a new gun the previous week, but not any on Black Friday.

flashguy

Texan by choice, not accident of birth

Posts: 27911 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: May 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
Gun hating liberal blood boiling and their heads exploding again.

Q

Posts: 27628 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Purveyor of Death
and Destruction
Picture of walker77
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Warhorse:
quote:
Originally posted by walker77:
quote:

Really...just whose side do you think they are on?

Whoever lines their pockets the most.

Posts: 7404 | Location: Raymore, Missouri | Registered: June 24, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Just because you can,
doesn't mean you should
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Paten:
quote:
Originally posted by MikeinNC:
In NC you can skip the NICS check if the buyer has a Pistol Purchase Permit or a CCW.

I imagine a lot of other states do the same, I bet those numbers are probably half of the actual purchases

Do they skip the check or do they just not make you wait for it? I thought if they made you fill out the forms it was so they could do the background check.

This is what I recall too. Maybe it varies by state.
I still filled out the form but the permit allowed me to leave right away and not have to wait.

Posts: 9834 | Location: NE GA | Registered: August 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ethics, antics,
and ballistics
Picture of Dtech
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mbinky:
The thing that makes me smile is that a lot of this is due to price, not politics.

Agreed. I do think that inventories reflected an effort to get ahead of the last election earlier in the year, but more recently the competition between manufacturers on product differentiation, model cross shopping strategies and features, and retailers themselves competing more for business, has driven prices down to what I would venture to say, relatively speaking, the best prices most of us have seen in the past 20 to 30 years.

Here in Florida they still run a NICS check even if you present a CWP since there may be something more recent on your record that the NICS check would catch since your CWP was issued (ours are good for 7 years), but yes, you can walk out same day no waiting with handgun or long gun provided the NICS comes back ok.

-Dtech

"I've got a life to live, people to love, and a God to serve!" - sigmonkey

"Strive not to be a success, but rather to be of value." - Albert Einstein

"A man can never have too much red wine, too many books, or too much ammunition" ― Rudyard Kipling

Posts: 4416 | Location: Central Florida | Registered: April 03, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post