SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    how much is a poured yard of flat concrete work in your area?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

how much is a poured yard of flat concrete work in your area? Login/Join 
Green grass and
high tides
Picture of old rugged cross
posted
So to be a bit clearer. To pour a slab or sidewalk. How much does it cost per yard for broom finished flat work in your area.

Concrete here is about $170 a yd. delivered.
I got a quote in excess of $800 a yard for a poured and finished slab. Seems excessive, thoughts?

Thanks guys.

"Practice like you want to play in the game"

Posts: 19199 | Registered: September 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
For a single yard that is not too bad.

Posts: 1806 | Location: Spokane, WA | Registered: June 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
Concrete work has gotten crazy

2 years ago I had a section of patio demoed and re-poured with a slope for better drainage during heavy rains and I planned to spend $1500-$2000 and it ended up being around $3500

Posts: 33832 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Green grass and
high tides
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Stlhead:
For a single yard that is not too bad.

S, are you talking about the $170 or the $800?

Triggers don't
pull themselves
Picture of mdblanton
posted Hide Post
I had a 16' x 50' patio poured in June. Your quote of $800/yd. broom finished is very close to what I paid which included prep work, footers, wire, and drilling/mounting rebar to my home foundation to tie the patio to it.

My contractor said his finishing guy tried to double the cost of the finish work at the end of the project.

I could have saved a bundle by doing that project a few years ago along with a roof - just replaced it last fall and roofing costs are just as crazy as concrete in my area.

Posts: 1102 | Location: Petal, MS | Registered: January 21, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
For a yard placed and finished. The cost of the concrete is what it is. 800 to get a crew out to do anything, and at least one guy has to stay for a half day. I had a small pour done last month, and even at the buddy discount it was 750. I would call anything under a grand reasonable for a small job especially if it is very far from the batch plant.

Posts: 1806 | Location: Spokane, WA | Registered: June 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of smlsig
posted Hide Post
Most finishing crews have a minimum to come out and a per foot price on larger projects.

Concrete delivered is the same way. Anything less than a full load (8 yards) will have an additional surcharge as well.

------------------
Eddie

Our Founding Fathers were men who understood that the right thing is not necessarily the written thing. -kkina

Posts: 6327 | Location: In transit | Registered: February 19, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Green grass and
high tides
posted Hide Post
Thanks guys. That was helpful.