Ninja Foodi Login/Join 
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted
Do you have one of these?

Good? Bad?

Should I buy, or pass on it?

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 31452 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Alea iacta est
Picture of Beancooker
posted Hide Post
I was looking at the Instant Pot at Costco a few weeks ago. It was on sale. Then I stopped and thought, how often will I really use it? Once a month at best? I grill almost everything.
I passed on it. Now, if it would have been used weekly, or more often, I would have bought it. Being that it would be used so infrequently by me, it just wasn’t worth it.

How often will you use it to cook?

quote:
Originally posted by sigmonkey:
I'd fly to Turks and Caicos with live ammo falling out of my pockets before getting within spitting distance of NJ with a firearm.
The “lol” thread

Posts: 4365 | Location: Staring down at you with disdain, from the spooky mountaintop castle.  | Registered: November 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
quote:
How often will you use it to cook?
My question is: Does it do a good job? Is it easy to use? Easy to clean?

If the answers to those questions are "good," then I would probably use it frequently.

If the answers are "bad," then I won't buy it.

WOOT! has it for hundred bucks today, which is way less than normal price for this.

Foodi does more than Instant Pot. Foodi is an air fryer / crisper, in addition to the Instant Pot functions. One less item to store.

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 31452 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
I love my Instant Pot. It does an excellent job. I find it very easy to clean. Wish I had an air fryer.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

Posts: 30954 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Alea iacta est
Picture of Beancooker
posted Hide Post
V-tail, your post had me curious, so I have done some digging. Sounds like a pretty cool machine. I’ll be testing the waters to see if Mrs. Cooker is interested in us picking one up. The deal at Woot may be too good to pass up.

Anyways, here is a petty thorough review that has a lot of good points, and maybe answers to some of your questions.

https://www.tablefortwoblog.co...-pot-or-ninja-foodi/

quote:
Originally posted by sigmonkey:
I'd fly to Turks and Caicos with live ammo falling out of my pockets before getting within spitting distance of NJ with a firearm.
The “lol” thread

Posts: 4365 | Location: Staring down at you with disdain, from the spooky mountaintop castle.  | Registered: November 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Delusions of Adequacy
Picture of zoom6zoom
posted Hide Post
I'm still old school pressure cooker. Use one at least three times a week. Have three of them, plus two slow cookers, so really don't need anything more. And the stovetop one works when the electric is out.

I have my own style of humor. I call it Snarkasm.

Posts: 17944 | Location: Virginia | Registered: June 02, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
paradox in a box
Picture of frayedends
posted Hide Post
I have one and it’s great. I’ve used it for air frying mostly. It doesn’t get a to. Of use but it is very good. Mine dehydrates also but I haven’t tried that.

These go to eleven.

Posts: 12605 | Location: Westminster, MA | Registered: November 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post