SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Enraged husband slaps OB/Gyn doc at conference, claiming he sexually assaulted his wife 7 years prior
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Enraged husband slaps OB/Gyn doc at conference, claiming he sexually assaulted his wife 7 years prior Login/Join 
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Gustofer:
Good thing folks are innocent until proven guilty.
Once again, that refers to a court of law and nothing else.

¿hablas inglés?

Good grief

People are presumed guilty in our society all the time. Please do not behave as if you don't live on this planet, merely because it suits your purpose at the moment.
quote:
If he did it, he's a piece of crap, but I'd bet he didn't.
And others are betting that he did. Who put you in charge of what people decide on this?
quote:
A crazy woman...
Now who's being presumptuous? She's not even in the video.

Can I get you a footstool?

Posts: 107676 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
If you "experienced trauma" watching a man get slapped, you need help. And don't watch television, it will drive you to the looney bin.

Posts: 17147 | Location: Lexington, KY | Registered: October 15, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Dances with Wiener Dogs
Picture of XinTX
posted Hide Post
So SEVEN years later she tells her husband about this??? Seems a bit like that bimbo that accused Kavanaugh of assaulting her 20+ years ago. Then again, TONS of details missing here. But I just never get these stories of women accusing men of something many years after the fact. They just don't sit right with me.

“The only power any government has is the power to crack down on criminals. Well, when there aren't enough criminals, one makes them. One declares so many things to be a crime that it becomes impossible for men to live without breaking laws.” Ayn Rand

“If we relinquish our rights because of fear, what is it exactly, then, we are fighting for?” Sen. Rand Paul

Posts: 8351 | Registered: July 21, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by XinTX:
So SEVEN years later she tells her husband about this???
Did the guy say that?

No More
Mr. Nice Guy
posted Hide Post
quote:
So SEVEN years later she tells her husband about this??? Seems a bit like that bimbo that accused Kavanaugh of assaulting her 20+ years ago. Then again, TONS of details missing here. But I just never get these stories of women accusing men of something many years after the fact. They just don't sit right with me.

There is a full spectrum of truths with public accusations years later. Many stories are bs accusations, like Kavanaugh. Sometimes the woman was assaulted but believes the perp would not be convicted in court so she keeps quiet. Bill Cosby is probably that situation. Then once other victims speak up, the woman comes forward with her years old accusations.

With private disclosure to a spouse of something from long ago, there are also many situations. If there is no malicious reason to lie, there are reasons it is real. And yes, there are such malicious reasons which do happen.

My now ex told me 50 years after her abuse. I was the first person she ever told. I don't think I would have been as mild as the husband in the video in this thread, but the perp was dead by then. Abuse, assault, and rape can seriously mess up the victim. The very long story short, the dysfunctions destroy families, and may be revealed years later to the husband. This happens a lot.

Posts: 9467 | Location: On the mountain off the grid | Registered: February 25, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get Off My Lawn
Picture of oddball
posted Hide Post
quote:
So SEVEN years later she tells her husband about this???

In the video of the ACOG conference, the man says he's been waiting "seven years for this". Elsewhere in the twitter tree, there are a lot of other tweets on this incident in the ObGyn world, it has been alleged that the wife did indeed report to authorities, but nothing was done. Speculation or fact, it is hard to tell in cyberspace. But to compare this to the Blasey-Ford allegations against Kavanaugh is a flawed comparison.

"I’m not going to read Time Magazine, I’m not going to read Newsweek, I’m not going to read any of these magazines; I mean, because they have too much to lose by printing the truth"- Bob Dylan, 1965

Posts: 16718 | Location: Texas | Registered: May 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Not really from Vienna
Picture of arfmel
posted Hide Post
quote:
If you "experienced trauma" watching a man get slapped, you need help. And don't watch television

Especially the Three Stooges.

Posts: 26932 | Location: Jerkwater, Texas | Registered: January 30, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"Member"
Picture of cas
posted Hide Post
Watch 50 people murdered on TV and the movies every week for 35 years, no trauma. See a guy get slapped.... "Oh my!"(faint)

Posts: 21109 | Location: 18th & Fairfax  | Registered: May 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Staring back
from the abyss
Picture of Gustofer
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
Who put you in charge of what people decide on this?

Common sense did, and knowing a little bit about the business. Every single OB and women's health NP I know, and myself, have NEVER done ANY kind of exam on a woman without a chaperone in the room. Never, for exactly this reason. In fact, this is specifically stressed in training programs across the country to avoid any possible accusations. Could it have happened? Sure, but common sense says not a chance.

quote:
quote:
A crazy woman...
Now who's being presumptuous? She's not even in the video.
. I presume that that is her in the video, not saying a word and looking quite uncomfortable with her husband's behavior. That is not the behavior of a woman who has been sexually assaulted...no matter how long ago it was. That in itself is very telling. Do you think that this is the first time a woman has done something like this to manipulate her husband or wrongfully accuse a man? I've got news for you.

BELIEVE ALL WOMEN!!!!

Nope.

Posts: 20122 | Location: Montana | Registered: November 01, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
quote:
Common sense did...
Oh, ya hear that, guys? Gustofer is in charge, because he's the only one around here who possesses common sense. Razz
quote:
BELIEVE ALL WOMEN!!!!

Nope.
Oh, I get it now. Listen, no one here said anything of the sort, and your hang up for having been burned by some predatory female is not a license to discount all accusations by women. Taking things on an individual basis does not equate to believe all women or believe all of whatever.

And by the way, I can't help but notice that your stance of "innocent until proven guilty" flew right out the window once you revealed your hang-up/angry history/whatever with the opposite sex. You must've gotten burned pretty good.
quote:
Do you think that this is the first time a woman has done something like this to manipulate her husband or wrongfully accuse a man? I've got news for you.
No, Gustofer, you don't have news for me, because I didn't claim anything of the sort. Your rage against the opposite sex appears to have blinded you.

"I am your retribution." - Donald Trump, speech at CPAC, March 4, 2023

Staring back
from the abyss
Picture of Gustofer
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
... and your hang up for having been burned by some predatory female

quote:
Originally posted by parabellem:
Now who's being presumptuous?

Posts: 20122 | Location: Montana | Registered: November 01, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
"Common sense" Razz

And I notice that you don't deny it. It's kinda obvious.

Staring back
from the abyss
Picture of Gustofer
posted Hide Post
Consider it denied.

Simple fact is that I've seen a few too many of these cases over the years and every single one of them has been BS. I've even seen cases where men have accused women providers of this, and they were BS as well. I guess I've been burned by some predatory male as well. Roll Eyes

I've said my piece on this topic and have no interest in getting into a spat with you over it.

Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
quote:
I've said my piece on this topic and have no interest in getting into a spat with you over it.
...he said, after getting into a spat with me. Razz
quote:
I guess I've been burned by some predatory male as well. Roll Eyes
I'm not judging you.

Coin Sniper
Picture of Rightwire
posted Hide Post
He got Will Smithed?!

Seems like 7 years is a long time to fester on that. As noted that allegation would be very difficult to prove unless there was tangible evidence. If other victims see this and come forward then that would be an entirely different matter.

A wise old officer once told me that there is one side, the other side, all of the witness opinions, the evidence and somewhere in the middle, buried in all of that is the truth.

Pronoun: His Royal Highness and benevolent Majesty of all he surveys

343 - Never Forget

Its better to be Pavlov's dog than Schrodinger's cat

There are three types of mistakes; Those you learn from, those you suffer from, and those you don't survive.

Posts: 37991 | Location: Above the snow line in Michigan | Registered: May 21, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post