SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Number 7 beauty cream
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Number 7 beauty cream Login/Join 
posted
>>>

This message has been edited. Last edited by: ulsterman,

Posts: 7011 | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
eh-TEE-oh-clez
Picture of Aeteocles
posted Hide Post
I get the joke.

But, since there is now a thread on beauty cream, I'd like to plug one of my favorite facial moisturizers: https://www.firstaidbeauty.com...s/ultra-repair-cream

I "have" to use a facial moisturizer daily. If I don't, I break out with acne like a teenager. The stuff above is actually my second favorite--my favorite is the Khiel's Ultra with Squalene, but it's about twice the cost.

Anyway, the stuff above is light, absorbs completely without leaving any sort of shine or greasy texture, and smells like nothing.

Posts: 13046 | Location: Orange County, California | Registered: May 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Cereve hands down. What my dermatologist suggested. Not a beauty cream. Moisturizer that is non greasy and combats dry skin and eczema.

Posts: 17177 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Good Lord.

Did you all lick the bus windows?

Posts: 7011 | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
eh-TEE-oh-clez
Picture of Aeteocles
posted Hide Post
No, I get it.

Jack Daniels No. 7 is the original beauty serum. You drink a bunch of it, and everyone else looks pretty.

Har. Har.

But hey, you started a thread on facial moisturizers, and some of y'all can use some. So, my recommendation is above.

Nothing wrong with having good skin, man. Besides, dry skin can be uncomfortable.

Posts: 13046 | Location: Orange County, California | Registered: May 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Man Once
Child Twice
posted Hide Post
My skin gets so dry in the winter it looks like a snow storm when I take off my clothes. It’s disgusting. My son sent me some Cetaphil moisturizer. Works good, but takes forever to lube up my whole body, including face. Solves the problem if I use it frequently.
I never thought I’d ever use a moisturizer. It seems I need to tho.

Posts: 11148 | Location: NE OHIO | Registered: October 22, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
eh-TEE-oh-clez
Picture of Aeteocles
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Sigfest:
My skin gets so dry in the winter it looks like a snow storm when I take off my clothes. It’s disgusting. My son sent me some Cetaphil moisturizer. Works good, but takes forever to lube up my whole body, including face. Solves the problem if I use it frequently.
I never thought I’d ever use a moisturizer. It seems I need to tho.

Cetaphil is good stuff. It's thick though--like peanut butter consistency, which is why it takes forever to put on.

Can't use that stuff on my face. It's just too heavy.

Man Once
Child Twice
posted Hide Post
^^^^^^^^^
The Cetaphil I have is more of a creamy liquid, not peanut butterish.

Posts: 11148 | Location: NE OHIO | Registered: October 22, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Drill Here, Drill Now
Picture of tatortodd
posted Hide Post
Bill Burr has a great bit on lotion

Ego is the anesthesia that deadens the pain of stupidity

DISCLAIMER: These are the author's own personal views and do not represent the views of the author's employer.

Posts: 23101 | Location: Northern Suburbs of Houston | Registered: November 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
goodheart
Picture of sjtill
posted Hide Post
All the ladies I know swear by Cereve. Recommended by my wife's dermatologist. If I get some dry itchy skin, I steal some of my wife's. Good stuff.

Posts: 18017 | Location: One hop from Paradise | Registered: July 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
eh-TEE-oh-clez
Picture of Aeteocles
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Sigfest:
^^^^^^^^^
The Cetaphil I have is more of a creamy liquid, not peanut butterish.

I have the tubs (comes in a two pack at Costco) for my hands. I think the Cetaphil in a pump bottle is more like a lotion.

eh-TEE-oh-clez
Picture of Aeteocles
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sjtill:
All the ladies I know swear by Cereve. Recommended by my wife's dermatologist. If I get some dry itchy skin, I steal some of my wife's. Good stuff.

Thanks for the tip (both you and ZSMICHAEL, above), I'll check it out. If it works out, it'll be cheaper than what I'm currently using.

goodheart
Picture of sjtill
posted Hide Post
Yeah, it's not stinky, and doesn't feel sticky on your skin. You'll like it. Get the cream in the tub.

Posts: 18017 | Location: One hop from Paradise | Registered: July 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Optimistic Cynic
Picture of architect
posted Hide Post
Recently, I went looking on Amazon for beeswax, I've been told it works well for muzzle-loader ball patches (when blended with a lighter grease-like compound). It appears that there are many many people who make their own skin creams with and without beeswax, recipes are available for those interested.

Posts: 6400 | Location: NoVA | Registered: July 22, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post