SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Does that wet patch stuff for roof leaks work on wood shake?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Does that wet patch stuff for roof leaks work on wood shake? Login/Join 
Team Apathy
posted
Ironically enough we have a bunch on contractors coming out next week to quote a reroof on our house and just now we find a leak.

The leak is at nearly the lowest part of the house and right near the edge. I might be able to get it from the ladder. Will slathering somebwet patch over the whole area get me through the next couple weeks?

Posts: 6368 | Location: Modesto, CA | Registered: January 27, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Team Apathy
posted Hide Post
Belay they question. We found a badly clogged alley in the vicinity of the water. Hoping that solves the problem.

Posts: 6368 | Location: Modesto, CA | Registered: January 27, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
If that doesn't work slap a piece of Grace Water Shield over it.

Posts: 4979 | Registered: April 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of gasche
posted Hide Post
Wood shingles, which are cut as opposed to shakes which are split, are your best solution to fix leaks in a shake roof. Drive them over the leak and under the run of shakes where the leak resides.

Posts: 748 | Location: Western Washington AC | Registered: August 19, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Team Apathy
posted Hide Post
We actually had several contractors already lined up to bid on a complete reroof next week before the leak was noticed. There is no more rain forecast until at least Saturday. I’m going to ask the first guy that comes Monday if he sees any suspected holes in that area or if it was likely the blockage in the gulley. I hope to sign a contract for the reroof by next Friday.