SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    New dry dog food recommendation
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

New dry dog food recommendation Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
Another Royal Canin fan here.

Posts: 12648 | Registered: January 17, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I'm feeding the new puppy Life's Abundance dog food. It's a Whole Dog Journal approved food and a requirement for my breeders 3 year health warranty for the puppy. He also gets 1/2 of a chicken thigh mixed in with his evening meal. BTW, I nuke the chicken so it's additive free of anything, no salt or spices.

I've stopped counting.

Posts: 5642 | Location: Michigan | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Alienator
Picture of SIG4EVA
posted Hide Post
We've been using gentle giants for years. My 50lb Taiwanese Mountain Dog is 13 years old spry considering his age.

https://www.gentlegiantsdogfood.com/

SIG556 Classic
P220 Carry SAS Gen 2 SAO
SP2022 9mm German Triple Serial
P938 SAS
P365 FDE

Psalm 118:24 "This is the day which the Lord hath made; we will rejoice and be glad in it"

Posts: 7069 | Location: NC | Registered: March 16, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of sgalczyn
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by SIG4EVA:
We've been using gentle giants for years. My 50lb Taiwanese Mountain Dog is 13 years old spry considering his age.

https://www.gentlegiantsdogfood.com/

My company blocked this site for malware?

"No matter where you go - there you are"

Posts: 4570 | Location: Eastern PA-Berks/Lehigh Valley | Registered: January 03, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ShouldBFishin
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Flashlightboy:
Orijen for the dog and cats.

Extremely high quality and you'll pay for it however the pets love it and from their poo, it's compact and firm aka they are extracting maximum nutrition from the food. None of that runny and soft formed stools.

Orijen

Orijen is what we feed our lab and completely agree with Flashlightboy. His coat feels really good too.

We short term foster other dogs that are in training to become service animals - they usually are on Purina Pro Plan. There's a world of difference between the stools and coats of these dogs versus our lab.

Posts: 1799 | Location: MN | Registered: March 29, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I've fed both my dogs Iams their whole lives. My GF's cat has always gotten Royal Canin. I put a camera on the dog's food bowl and guess who eats Iams in the middle of the night despite getting Royal Canin once in the morning and again in the evening... Yup, the cat.

To the OP I'd be more concerned about why he's not eating. Either you've given him some really good scraps and he's willing to hold out for more or there could be something else that's taking away the appetite. Most dogs will eat when they're hungry, even if it takes a little bit longer. Age/Activity may play into as well.

My first JRT wouldn't eat for days after I left him with my Mom (who fed him lots of human food then asked me why he didn't eat any dog food Roll Eyes). When I took him back he went on a "food strike." After a few days and realizing table food was no longer for him he went back to eating his dog food.

Posts: 797 | Location: Southern NH | Registered: October 11, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Now in Florida
Picture of ChicagoSigMan
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Flashlightboy:
Orijen for the dog and cats.
Orijen

Orijen (and related brand ACANA) is great dog food, but the manufacturer was recently acquired by Mars, which has a less than stellar reputation. I wouldn't stop using Orijen or Acana but I would keep a close eye on it to see if the new owner makes any changes.

Posts: 6063 | Location: FL | Registered: March 09, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Shall Not Be Infringed
Picture of nhracecraft
posted Hide Post
^^^It appears ORC's pup has a health issue that's affecting his appetite. Frown

https://sigforum.com/eve/forum...0601935/m/7260051994

Waiting for an update, and hoping for positive news...

If Some is Good, and More is Better.....then Too Much, is Just Enough !!
Trump 2024....Save America!
"May Almighty God bless the United States of America" - parabellum 7/26/20
Live Free or Die!

Posts: 8864 | Location: New Hampshire | Registered: October 29, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post