SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Anyone running BFGoodrich All-Terrain T/A?
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Anyone running BFGoodrich All-Terrain T/A? Login/Join 
Triggers don't
pull themselves
Picture of mdblanton
posted Hide Post
I’ve got a friend who’s had good performance from BF Goodrich. I’ve not tried them but am very happy with my Continental TerrainContact AT tires. They are very quiet and also have two large channels which I like for wet roads.

Posts: 1104 | Location: Petal, MS | Registered: January 21, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Purveyor of Death
and Destruction
Picture of walker77
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mdblanton:
I’ve got a friend who’s had good performance from BF Goodrich. I’ve not tried them but am very happy with my Continental TerrainContact AT tires. They are very quiet and also have two large channels which I like for wet roads.

Doesn't look like they offer it in a 20"

I think ill look into the Coopers a little more before making my decision.

Posts: 7401 | Location: Raymore, Missouri | Registered: June 24, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
If the facts don't fit the theory, change the facts
Picture of GRIZZLYBEAR
posted Hide Post
I'm on my second set of BF/E rated KOs on my Tundra. I was happy with the first sets performance, and them still having some thread wear left at 60,000 miles when I mounted the second set.

Posts: 1895 | Location: SOMEWHERE IN,, PA USA | Registered: May 08, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Triggers don't
pull themselves
Picture of mdblanton
posted Hide Post
quote:

Doesn't look like they offer it in a 20"

I think ill look into the Coopers a little more before making my decision.

I’m running 22” tires but here are some 20” Continentals

Posts: 1104 | Location: Petal, MS | Registered: January 21, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
and every one of them words rang true and glowed like burnin’ coal.
Picture of TannerBoyl
posted Hide Post
I have a set of BFG All-Terrain K02s on my Toyota Tundra. I love them. They came stock on my truck and I’ve since purchased my second set.

I’d gotten mine from American Tire and for whatever reason, I purchased the warranty. Well, about a month after I’d gotten my tires, I had a blowout on the freeway. Thankfully, a replacement only cost me $30ish (the price of a new tire warranty).

Posts: 4594 | Location: Redondo Beach, California | Registered: February 02, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Striker in waiting
Picture of BurtonRW
posted Hide Post
The KO2 is a hell of a good looking tire and performs very well off road. Had them on my Cherokee after the factory Firestone Destination A/T2s were done (which is the first time I’ve ever been impressed with factory tires!).

Off-road aside, I did not like the KO2 on pavement as much. Very noisy by comparison and I didn’t like the way the shoulders would grab in moderate turns at speed. Went back to the Firestones after that.

Just put on a new set of BFG Trail-Terrain T/As (the new ones vinnybass mentioned) on the recommendation of a couple of local guys I trust and so far, I’m very happy with them, even in rain (which is where they need a good bit of improvement according to TireRack’s closed course results).

I wouldn’t go back to the KO2s unless I was doing more significant off road driving, which they were great for.

-Rob

I predict that there will be many suggestions and statements about the law made here, and some of them will be spectacularly wrong. - jhe888

A=A

Posts: 16273 | Location: Maryland, AA Co. | Registered: March 16, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
To Do What is
Right and Just
posted Hide Post
The KO2s are a great tire for pretty much anything an at tire would go on. If snow is a concern I'd lean towards the wildpeaks though. Hard to wrong with bfg, falken, toyo, or cooper. Road noise is about the same for the bfg and falken. Bothers some, I've never noticed really.

Also not surprised you got that with the grabbers. I had a set make about 35k and it was stretching the last 5k out of them.

Currently have the wildpeaks. Been through heavy mud, loose sand, about a foot and a half of snow, dirt and rock trails, heavy rain, and about 22k miles on them. I checked the tread about a month ago and at 15/32 of tread (new they were 18/32).

Posts: 2439 | Location: Usually Somewhere | Registered: July 28, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Those are going to be loud.

If 85% of your drive time will be on pavement skip the a/t tires.

Safety, Situational Awareness and proficiency.

Neck Ties, Hats and ammo brass, Never ,ever touch'em w/o asking first

Posts: 54694 | Location: Henry County , Il | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by YellowJacket:
The BFG's are pretty much the standard in A/T tires but they are expensive, can be hard to find, and, imo, very firm.

This sentence pretty much sums up my experience of selling a ton of K0/K02s in the early 2000s & using them on a couple of vehicles.
The firmness is a byproduct of them usually having the highest load rating in any range of similar tires.
I don't have experience with the Nittos, but everything I've heard vs the BFG K02 is mirrored here - close in most aspects, but slightly more 'civilized'. They have a long list of good recommendations.
There will be some O Hell Nos on any tire. Go with the majority.

Posts: 3297 | Location: IN | Registered: January 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have a new set BFG K02's on my H2, they have been fantastic. I like the looks, performance and made in USA.

Posts: 426 | Location: Kansas | Registered: August 28, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of sigseller2000
posted Hide Post
I have run Hankook Dynapro AT on my last 4 trucks, expeditions and Yukon Denali's. They last forever, get great traction and are quiet. I turned so many people on to them that the local tire shop started to stock them. Great tire for the money

Posts: 795 | Location: Chicago area | Registered: November 10, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Banned
posted Hide Post
Harder tires won't grip in damp pavement well - I had the AT/KO's on my Cherokee and wet concrete in high travel roads was an exercise in sliding. I changed to Grabbers and it was almost eliminated - and I went the 6 ply, too.

Any trail rated tire will be noisy. The open blocks generate it. A highway tread will be much quieter, but it doesn't make it a good off road tread. I had some and when worn they appeared to be similar to steering tires on a OTR truck - and were horrible on wet grass.

Goes to most AWD/4WD owners are on pavement 95% of the time and a truly off road tire will be the exact opposite of what most will prefer running on smooth asphalt and concrete inner ring road McRoutes to work.

I got Mud Claws last time, they howl like a HMMV down the road, have turf destroying traction, and will chew up ground even worse with a ratchet locker. I drive on a dirt lane to get to my semi grassy parking spot and use the truck for moving fresh firewood or brush in a creek valley behind the house. It's literally on dirt every day - and 6"+ of snow every few years. When we had 19" the Forester on street tires did better than my 2WD on Mud Claws and locker. Tires are just an incremental improvement. The hardware is what delivers. Buying tires that look cool won't offset lack of lockers and driving skill.

Posts: 613 | Registered: December 14, 2021Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
On my two previous Tacoma TRD ORs I went with the BFGs when the time came to replace the OEM tires. I was happy with the performance on snow and ice and gumbo mud in Montana, and especially their longevity; I got more than 60k out of them with no problems.

Last year there were no AT/KO to be had when the time came to replace the crappy OEM Goodyears on my 2020 Tacoma. The dealer I had used before said BFG was in the midst of some kind of manufacturing restructure. Whatever the reason, I didn't want to wait until after hunting season. After some checking on the Toyota Tacoma Forum, I decided to try Cooper Discoverer AT3s. They've been great so far on snow and mud and seem a little quieter on pavement (which is low on my list of evaluation criteria).

Posts: 783 | Registered: January 17, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I am on my 2nd set of KO2s for my Ram. I love them. I got 50K out of the first set. I have not found them too loud on the highway, good in snow and they look great to boot.

Posts: 722 | Location: Maine | Registered: October 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
McNoob
Picture of xantom
posted Hide Post
I have BFGoodrich All-Terrain T/A KO2 275/60R20's on my Tundra. Love them so far.

"We've done four already, but now we're steady..."

Posts: 1736 | Location: MN | Registered: November 20, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post