SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    The wife gifted me a Blackstone for my birthday... So help me out with some cooking ideas.
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The wife gifted me a Blackstone for my birthday... So help me out with some cooking ideas. Login/Join 
posting without pants
Picture of KevinCW
posted
Anyone have something tasty to share?

I'm a griller for sure, but never had a Blackstone.

It's a toe dip into it, as this is only a 17" electric model (cause I'm limited on space right now, and this can be used inside under my stove hood if needed at both properties) so nothing too crazy. If we like it, we will probably get a larger, outdoor, gas model.

So what do you guys make on this other than breakfast and smash burgers (which I know how to do, but if you have any awesome tips or modifications I'm open to as well)?

Kevin

Strive to live your life so when you wake up in the morning and your feet hit the floor, the devil says "Oh crap, he's up."

Posts: 33287 | Location: St. Louis MO | Registered: February 15, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of pbramlett
posted Hide Post
That little onion volcano at the Japanese steakhouse.

Regards,

P.

Posts: 1289 | Location: Alabama | Registered: May 20, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of mark60
posted Hide Post
Check out the Hungry Hussey on youtube. You might put a pot of coffee on, it might be a long night.

Posts: 3541 | Location: God Awful New York | Registered: July 01, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Network Janitor
Picture of mkueffer
posted Hide Post
Stir fried rice, minute steaks w/mushrooms, onions and peppers, bacon, lots of bacon.

A few Sigs and some others

Posts: 2222 | Location: Waukesha, WI | Registered: February 04, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of mcrimm
posted Hide Post
Find Sam the Cooking Guy on YouTube. He cooks lots of things on a flattop. Start with Smash Burgers.

I'm sorry if I hurt you feelings when I called you stupid - I thought you already knew - Unknown
When you have no future, you live in the past. " Sycamore Row" by John Grisham

Posts: 4279 | Location: Saddlebrooke, Arizona | Registered: December 24, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I run trains!
Picture of SigM4
posted Hide Post
We do a lot of breakfast foods on ours, among other things. Pancakes, French toast, eggs, bacon, home fries. But my favorite is a beef bulgogi recipe from the aforementioned Sam the Cooking Guy.

Success always occurs in private, and failure in full view.

Complacency sucks…

Posts: 5425 | Location: Wichita, KS (for now)…always a Texan… | Registered: April 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Caribou gorn
Picture of YellowJacket
posted Hide Post
I got the 22" 2 weeks ago. I've done smash burgers, ribeye philly cheesesteaks, chicken kabobs, chicken/steak fajitas, and stir fry. All very easy, all very good.

I'm gonna vote for the funniest frog with the loudest croak on the highest log.

Posts: 10594 | Location: Marietta, GA | Registered: February 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
semi-reformed sailor
Picture of MikeinNC
posted Hide Post

"Violence, naked force, has settled more issues in history than has any other factor.” Robert A. Heinlein

“You may beat me, but you will never win.” sigmonkey-2020

“A single round of buckshot to the torso almost always results in an immediate change of behavior.” Chris Baker

Posts: 11476 | Location: Temple, Texas! | Registered: October 07, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Frangas non Flectes
Picture of P220 Smudge
posted Hide Post
The best eggs you’ve ever fried, while your English muffins toast right beside them, and your sausage patty cooks beside that.

Trifold omelettes are silly easy on a flat top grill.

Crepes - you can get an even cook on them. Slice some strawberries up, fill your crepe with them, fold it up and serve with a dusting of confectioner’s sugar. Your wife will love you for it.

Pancakes - it’s a no-brainer.

You can steam all kinds of things, just get a good size pan lid, pour a little water on the grill top and cover your food with the lid. It’s not purely just steaming since you’re also getting direct heat, but this is the pro trick for speed cooking or making sure you don’t lose moisture on something. Melting a thick slice of cheese on a burger is a good one, since you usually add cheese right around the time you don’t want to burn the crap out of the burger, but if you pull the burger, the cheese might not fully melt. A little splash of water, the lid, and about ten seconds to perfection.

Posts: 17675 | Location: Sonoran Desert | Registered: February 10, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Captain Morgan
posted Hide Post
I'm a breakfast guy. I want a Blackstone too but its not in my budget right now.

I like most omelets but some of my favorites are Bacon cheddar, Swiss and mushroom, and Southwest.

Let all Men know thee, but no man know thee thoroughly: Men freely ford that see the shallows.
Benjamin Franklin

Posts: 3944 | Location: Sparta, NJ USA | Registered: August 16, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ol' Jack always says...
what the hell.
posted Hide Post
Bought a Blackstone last summer when the previous grill needed all new guts. While I was looking for parts I made a comment that we should just get a new grill and my wife (then fiance) said "OK, get one". Didn't need to tell me twice Big Grin

I've done burgers, bacon and fried eggs all at the same time. Last Sunday I cooked 5 NY strip steaks, sliced red potatoes and mushrooms all on our 36" Blackstone.

Don't think I'll go back to a regular grill again.

Posts: 10195 | Location: PA | Registered: March 30, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
I would recommend trying to recreate this, a specialty of the Chestnut Hill neighborhood of Philly. IT’S DEEEELICIOUS!!!

Posts: 34642 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peripheral Visionary
Picture of tigereye313
posted Hide Post
It is stupid easy to make copious quantities of French Toast on one. I also echo the suggestion for making cheese steak.

The other thing we make on camping trips are smashed tater tots. Sautee up some onions and garlic, toss frozen tater tots on there, once they thaw and soften mash em down and mix in the onions and garlic and cook until brown, then flip and brown the other side. You can add any toppings you like, I like cheese. Smile

Posts: 11416 | Location: Texas | Registered: January 29, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
We do hibachi and breakfast on ours religiously, when all the kids are home hibachi is always the first thing they ask for. I told their mom that we should buy them all one for Christmas lol. Seriously, I was a negative when they first came out but I’ve grown to very much appreciate it’s capabilities. I made a steam lid out of an aluminum bowl with a cabinet pull drilled thru on the top and it works great for doing eggs, etc. Doing hibachi ourselves saves $300 when the kids are home because they always wanted to go to Nagoya for dinner lol

Posts: 506 | Location: Marblehead ohio | Registered: January 05, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of K0ZZZ
posted Hide Post
The hot new trendy thing to is a tortellini dish:

Sliced chicken sausage
Orange Bell pepper
Sundried tomatoes
Sweet onion
Red onion
Broccoli
Whole garlic cloves
Cherry tomatoes
Spinach
Tortellini of course

Cooked in olive oil, some of the olive oil from the sundried tomatoes, little balsamic and covered in parmesan cheese

... Chad

http://shotworkspro.com - Much better than scrap paper!

Posts: 784 | Location: Colorado Springs, CO | Registered: December 14, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post