SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Caption time... Star Trek edition.
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Caption time... Star Trek edition. Login/Join 
Three Generations
of Service
Picture of PHPaul
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Sportshooter:
Gentlemen, someone ate more than his share of strawberries and I intend to find out who did it!

Big Grin

Be careful when following the masses. Sometimes the M is silent.

Posts: 15491 | Location: Downeast Maine | Registered: March 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
"Red? I was supposed to wear red?"

Posts: 17253 | Location: Lexington, KY | Registered: October 15, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
"Six little RedShirts,
Hope to stay alive;
After they beam down,
Their number will be five."

===
I would like to apologize to anyone I have *not* offended. Please be patient. I will get to you shortly.

Posts: 2105 | Location: The Sticks in Wisconsin. | Registered: September 30, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Mensch
Picture of kz1000
posted Hide Post
"No, you can't change shirts".

------------------------------------------------------------------------
"Yidn, shreibt un fershreibt"

"The Nazis entered this war under the rather childish delusion that they were going to bomb everyone else, and nobody was going to bomb them. At Rotterdam, London, Warsaw and half a hundred other places, they put their rather naive theory into operation. They sowed the wind, and now they are going to reap the whirlwind."
-Bomber Harris

Posts: 16133 | Location: Ivorydale | Registered: January 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Conservative Behind
Enemy Lines
Picture of synthplayer
posted Hide Post
Red shirts indicated one of two things:

1.) You were in engineering
2.) You were expendable and would die if you were part of a landing party

Lesson? Stay in the engine room and never volunteer for landing parties!

Of all the enemies that the American citizen faces, the Democrat Party is the very worst.

Posts: 10831 | Location: SF Bay Area | Registered: June 06, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His diet consists of black
coffee, and sarcasm.
Picture of egregore
posted Hide Post
Guy on the right/in the foreground: "I'm sure to get a promotion for this!"

Posts: 28645 | Location: Johnson City, TN | Registered: April 28, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
E Plebmnista; Norcom, Forcom, Perfectumum.
Picture of OneWheelDrive
posted Hide Post
They're dead Jim.
What? Too soon?

================================================
Ultron: "You're unbearably naive."
Vision: "Well, I was born yesterday."

Posts: 4804 | Location: St. Louis, Mo | Registered: March 23, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of mikeyspizza
posted Hide Post
My orders were for all hand phasers to be set on stun.

Posts: 4057 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: August 16, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posting without pants
Picture of KevinCW
posted Hide Post
"Thank you guys for your cameo appearance on the show. After you shoot your scene, feel free to help yourselves to the buffet backstage. If you already have, don't worry about it getting cold, it won't take long."

Strive to live your life so when you wake up in the morning and your feet hit the floor, the devil says "Oh crap, he's up."

Posts: 33287 | Location: St. Louis MO | Registered: February 15, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by synthplayer:

A red uniform in TOS indicates a member of the Operations Division. This encompasses a variety of roles, including Communications, Administrative, Transporter, Engineering, and Security.

Security crew members are the stereotypical "doomed redshirts", frequently put in harm's way on away missions. But they're not Engineers, so they don't have the option to just "stay in the engine room". Wink

Posts: 33040 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Live Slow,
Die Whenever
Picture of medic451
posted Hide Post
"I see you all wore your red shirts today, I hope you remembered your brown underwear as well."

"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people and I require the same from them."
- John Wayne in "The Shootist"

Posts: 3487 | Location: California | Registered: May 31, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Striker in waiting
Picture of BurtonRW
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RogueJSK:
quote:
Originally posted by synthplayer:

A red uniform in TOS indicates a member of the Operations Division. This encompasses a variety of roles, including Communications, Administrative, Transporter, Engineering, and Security.

Security crew members are the stereotypical "doomed redshirts", frequently put in harm's way on away missions. But they're not Engineers, so they don't have the option to just "stay in the engine room". Wink

Damn. Beat me to it.

The science division is the only division that won't change basic colors. Ops won't switch from red to gold until the 23rd century.

-Rob

I predict that there will be many suggestions and statements about the law made here, and some of them will be spectacularly wrong. - jhe888

A=A

Posts: 16312 | Location: Maryland, AA Co. | Registered: March 16, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A Grateful American
Picture of sigmonkey
posted Hide Post
Who said that? Who the fuck said that? Who's the slimy little Klingon shit, twinkle-toed cocksucker up here who just signed his own death warrant? Nobody, huh? The fairy fucking godmother said it. Out-fucking-standing. I will "Away Team" you all until you fucking die. I'll "Away Team" you until your assholes are sucking Tribbles.

"the meaning of life, is to give life meaning" Ani Yehudi אני יהודי Le'olam lo shuv לעולם לא שוב!

Posts: 44460 | Location: ...... I am thrice divorced, and I live in a van DOWN BY THE RIVER!!! (in Arkansas) | Registered: December 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
It smells like a ben gay factory out here, strip off those t-shirts,

Safety, Situational Awareness and proficiency.

Neck Ties, Hats and ammo brass, Never ,ever touch'em w/o asking first

Posts: 55177 | Location: Henry County , Il | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Do---or do not.
There is no try.
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Veeper:
Not all of those meetings go very smoothly.

https://twitter.com/swear_trek...s/862018631198273538

Spock announces the Enterprise is going to gender-neutral restrooms.

Posts: 4558 | Registered: January 01, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
War Damn Eagle!
Picture of Snake207
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bendable:
It smells like a ben gay factory out here, strip off those t-shirts,

LOL Big Grin
Awesome

Posts: 12550 | Location: Realville | Registered: June 27, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post