TXJIM
The Trump Presidency : Year II
Hi Nancy, going somewhere? Razz

January 17, 2019, 02:22 PM
flashguy
quote:
Originally posted by sjtill:
quote:
re you guys starting to see these articles beginning to greatly lower expectations for the upcoming Mueller Report? They realize that's going to be a huge nothingburger and are now scrambling to try and explain that.

Yes, they are reading the handwriting on the wall. “You have been weighed in the balances and found wanting.”
mene, mene, tekel, upharsin. Daniel got it.

flashguy

Texan by choice, not accident of birth
January 17, 2019, 03:04 PM
Floyd D. Barber
Surely she has a broomstick she can use.

__________________________________________________________________________________
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Always remember that others may hate you but those who hate you don't win unless you hate them. And then you destroy yourself.
Richard M Nixon

It's nice to be important, it's more important to be nice.
Billy Joe Shaver

NRA Life Member

January 17, 2019, 03:05 PM
sdy
MHO:

None of us know what Mueller will write.

But I suspect he will portray President Trump in the worst possible light.

What is really freaking out the DEMs is William Barr's statement:

He strongly suggested that the Mueller report couldn’t be made public under current Justice Department guidelines, and that his own report on it to lawmakers would deal only with things that will be prosecuted

xxxxxxxxxxxxx

There will be tons of leaks and inputs from "sources"
January 17, 2019, 03:08 PM
zoom6zoom
quote:
Originally posted by TXJIM:
Hi Nancy, going somewhere? Razz

I have my own style of humor. I call it Snarkasm.
January 17, 2019, 03:11 PM
RHINOWSO
quote:
Originally posted by sjtill:
quote:
re you guys starting to see these articles beginning to greatly lower expectations for the upcoming Mueller Report? They realize that's going to be a huge nothingburger and are now scrambling to try and explain that.

Yes, they are reading the handwriting on the wall. “You have been weighed in the balances and found wanting.”

There have already been a couple of interviews, using terms like "manage expectations", "likely no collusion", etc, etc.

Nothing burger wrapped up in ORANGE MAN BAD speak.
January 17, 2019, 03:39 PM
HRK
Even if there were collusion from what is reported it's not a crime, there isn't a law against "collusion", and it would just continue to be used as a weapon of words against R and Trump.

Maybe he should have let Nancy go then announce the SOTU address by calling congress to convene to discuss border security (as previously mentioned) as her plane is just far enough out to be able to make it back and force her to decide to go on her vacation or to return to work.

January 17, 2019, 03:59 PM
nhtagmember
in my opinion this is a huge waste

a special prosecutor is supposed to investigate crimes

what was the 'crime'?

collusion?

I think that Mueller and everyone on his team should be prosecuted for trying to overthrow the duly elected government

[B] Against ALL enemies, foreign and DOMESTIC

January 17, 2019, 04:00 PM
cjevans

We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid." ~ Benjamin Franklin.

"If anyone in this country doesn't minimise their tax, they want their head read, because as a government, you are not spending it that well, that we should be donating extra...:
Kerry Packer

SIGForum: the island of reality in an ocean of diarrhoea.
January 17, 2019, 04:04 PM
bald1
Love it! Slam Botox Pelosi! LOL

Certifiable member of the gun toting, septuagenarian, bucket list workin', crazed retiree, bald is beautiful club!
USN (RET), COTEP #192
January 17, 2019, 04:19 PM
BMR
I can just imagine the snickering that went on between POTUS and his staff when they drafted that letter.

-------------------------------
Inside every progressive is a totalitarian screaming to get out.
- David Horowitz
January 17, 2019, 04:26 PM
nhtagmember

[B] Against ALL enemies, foreign and DOMESTIC

January 17, 2019, 04:43 PM
ersatzknarf
quote:
Originally posted by Ryanp225:
Every day I read something that makes me say out loud, "God, I love President Donald Trump".

Hear! Hear!

You are not alone, sir ! Big Grin

January 17, 2019, 04:46 PM
Jimbo54
quote:
Originally posted by ersatzknarf:
quote:
Originally posted by Ryanp225:
Every day I read something that makes me say out loud, "God, I love President Donald Trump".

Hear! Hear!

You are not alone, sir ! Big Grin

You can add my name to the list. Smile

Jim

"If you can't be a good example, then you'll have to be a horrible warning" -Catherine Aird
January 17, 2019, 04:55 PM
Warhorse
I loved the picture of the Air Force bus sitting out front! Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin

I hope, and pray Pelosi and company actually got on it, before finding out what DJT had in store for their pathetic selves.

January 17, 2019, 05:02 PM
lizardman_u
I think it would have been better if Trump had let Nancy go to her first stop, and recalled the plane leaving Nancy overseas.

January 17, 2019, 05:58 PM
doublesharp
Kentucky is a great state and Louisville is a fine city but the local Ganett paper, The Courier-Journal is a liberal rag of the worst sort.

https://www.wdrb.com/news/cour...47-575136450d4f.html

FTA:

LOUISVILLE, Ky. (WDRB)-- When Art Williams lost his mother, Fran, it hurt like few things do in life.

"(She was) a wonderful homemaker, a wonderful mother, an astute observer of the world," Williams said.

The 87-year-old battling COPD and coronary artery disease lost her fight. Like most people, Williams and his family wanted to plan a proper, smooth goodbye.

That's not exactly the way it went.

"I got a call from the cremation society that said, 'Mr. Williams, we have a problem with the obituary,'" he said.

The Courier Journal rejected it because of a line that read: "Her passing was hastened by her continued frustration with the Trump administration."

Fran Williams was clearly not a supporter of President Trump.

"She told my sister, 'If I end up passing away here in the future, I think it has something to do with the anxiety I'm feeling about where the country is,'" Williams recalled.

The Williams family agreed to ax the line so it wouldn't distract from the memorial service, but that didn't mean Williams was done.

"I was perturbed, and I felt like it was an issue that should be addressed," he said.

He gave the newspaper a piece of his mind on social media. Shortly after, CJ reporters and editors took notice and apologized to the family.

"Clearly, it was a bad decision," Courier Journal Editor Rick Green said. "You hate like hell for something like this to happen."

Green added the decision was made by staffer in Wisconsin.

"My dad was very pleased to get the apology, and he readily accepted it," Williams said.

January 17, 2019, 06:14 PM
Graniteguy
In regards to the Pelosi trip.

Is it common for the Speaker of the House to represent US interests abroad? I though those trips were for the President, VP, Sec-Defense and Ambassadors? What does she actually think she would be accomplishing over there?
January 17, 2019, 06:22 PM
medic451
It gets better...
All their luggage got sent back to Pelosi’s office, lol.
https://www.weaselzippers.us/4...e-to-pelosis-office/

"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people and I require the same from them."
- John Wayne in "The Shootist"
January 17, 2019, 06:24 PM
Mustang-PaPa
This is a "GREAT" move by our POTUS!