SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    The Trump Presidency : Year II
Page 1 ... 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 ... 308

Closed Topic Closed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
The Trump Presidency : Year II Login/Join 
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by JALLEN:
quote:
Originally posted by mr kablammo:
James Woods, ba-zing!!

From what I read on the 'net about the Manafort trial it may yet be dismissed for being 'Out-of-Scope'.
Where do you read that?
I'm reading it between the lines. The trial just ain't goin' swimmingly for the prosecution. The judge has Mueller's number.

"I am your retribution." - Donald Trump, speech at CPAC, March 4, 2023

Posts: 107222 | Registered: January 20, 2000Report This Post
I believe in the
principle of
Due Process
Picture of JALLEN
posted Hide Post
Don’t be so sure.

If the judge had serious misgivings about the authority of the prosecutor to bring these charges, I would expect that to have been resolved before trial. There is nothing to be gained by going through a couple of weeks of trial only to decide “Never mind!”

The judge has seen all the pretrial motions, evidentiary issues, probably proposed jury instructions, has the list of witnesses, and may feel like he has a pretty good idea of the outcome. What sometimes happens is the judge will put on a show in favor of the projected losing party, rulings on close questions etc., imposing seemingly tough limits on testimony, letting the other side get away with foolish but harmless informalities. It makes the transcript look good on appeal, nothing to bitch about.

If the ruling comes later, out of scope, now a regular US Attorney will have to re-try, assuming the tax evasion charges are appropriate.

Luckily, I have enough willpower to control the driving ambition that rages within me.

When you had the votes, we did things your way. Now, we have the votes and you will be doing things our way. This lesson in political reality from Lyndon B. Johnson

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible." - Justice Janice Rogers Brown

Posts: 48369 | Location: Texas hill country | Registered: July 04, 2005Report This Post
Picture of spunk639
posted Hide Post
quote:
Don’t be so sure.

If the judge had serious misgivings about the authority of the prosecutor to bring these charges, I would expect that to have been resolved before trial. There is nothing to be gained by going through a couple of weeks of trial only to decide “Never mind!”

The judge has seen all the pretrial motions, evidentiary issues, probably proposed jury instructions, has the list of witnesses, and may feel like he has a pretty good idea of the outcome. What sometimes happens is the judge will put on a show in favor of the projected losing party, rulings on close questions etc., imposing seemingly tough limits on testimony, letting the other side get away with foolish but harmless informalities. It makes the transcript look good on appeal, nothing to bitch about.

If the ruling comes later, out of scope, now a regular US Attorney will have to re-try, assuming the tax evasion charges are appropriate.

Point well taken, however the trial Judge may have had concerns of the scope by the Special Prosecutor and the pre trial filings may have been concerning, but not enough for the Judge to prevent a trial; however as the trial plays out and evidence is taken and the Judge begins to see that the court is being used as a tool for a political means and not a prosecution based upon scope and probable cause he may put an end to it. May not be with prejudice but doubt he let his court be used for political means.

Posts: 2762 | Location: Boston, Mass | Registered: December 02, 2000Report This Post
Made from a
different mold
Picture of mutedblade
posted Hide Post
quote:
There is nothing to be gained by going through a couple of weeks of trial only to decide “Never mind!”

Isn't there though? This judge could have been setting this up from the get go. Let Mueller believe there is a chance, then turn around and whack him right in the dick. Make a point of it!

Posts: 2824 | Location: Lake Anna, VA | Registered: May 07, 2012Report This Post
I believe in the
principle of
Due Process
Picture of JALLEN
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by spunk639:

Point well taken, however the trial Judge may have had concerns of the scope by the Special Prosecutor and the pre trial filings may have been concerning, but not enough for the Judge to prevent a trial; however as the trial plays out and evidence is taken and the Judge begins to see that the court is being used as a tool for a political means and not a prosecution based upon scope and probable cause he may put an end to it. May not be with prejudice but doubt he let his court be used for political means.

His court is being used for a criminal trial.

It is impossible to evaluate the scope issue without the document which is still highly classified, but also difficult to believe that the scope precludes prosecution for federal crimes evidence of which is discovered in the course of the investigation. It seems far more likely that the prosecutor can either bring charges or hand over to a US Attorney.

The judge is aware of the tactics, of course, to use these charges to flip a defendant, but sometimes the defendant doesn’t flip and prosecutors have to prove their case.

Who is saying there may still be a dismissal for out of scope?

Luckily, I have enough willpower to control the driving ambition that rages within me.

When you had the votes, we did things your way. Now, we have the votes and you will be doing things our way. This lesson in political reality from Lyndon B. Johnson

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible." - Justice Janice Rogers Brown

Posts: 48369 | Location: Texas hill country | Registered: July 04, 2005Report This Post
I believe in the
principle of
Due Process
Picture of JALLEN
posted Hide Post
The other night at the rally in Ohio, President Trump called Rep. Jim Jordan to the stage. Jordan came up, interacted cordially, gave a very enthusiastic few words about Trump’s many accomplishments to the appreciative crowd.

Sundance, on The Conservative Treehouse, is claiming that before that moment, Jordan had never met nor spoken to Trump in person. Link

I find this hard to believe. In office 18 months now, Trump has so many meetings, conferences with Congressmen Cabinet, others, often well publicized, dinners, lunches, receptions, etc. Jordan is a 6 Term Congressman of some influence, not just some one of 435 potted plants, some new guy.

Picture of Tubetone
posted Hide Post
JUXTAPOSITION

It seems to me that President Trump is right on target about the anti-American fake news in our country. Consider these quotes as a clear indicator:

(January 19, 2017) CNN’s president, Jeff Zucker, said, “ One of the things I think this administration hasn’t figured out yet is that there’s only one television network that is seen in Beijing, Moscow, Seoul, Tokyo, Pyongyang, Baghdad, Tehran, and Damascus — and that’s CNN. The perception of Donald Trump in capitals around the world is shaped, in many ways, by CNN. Continuing to have an adversarial relationship with that network is a mistake." Link

Now some 20 months later, President Trump tweets today, “ The Fake News hates me saying that they are the Enemy of the People only because they know it’s TRUE. I am providing a great service by explaining this to the American People. They purposely cause great division & distrust. They can also cause War! They are very dangerous & sick!" Link

Zucker threatened to give this administration a bad perception in adversarial capitals around the world unless President Trump stopped calling into question CNN’s slated coverage. CNN then pounded the world with slanted propaganda against us – the people of the United States – as it tries to hinder our duly elected president.

Doesn’t that make CNN sound like an Enemy of the People to you? I’m not saying that all coverage should be rosy but CNN using its platform to talk down our leader on the world stage does not seem at all mindful of the freedoms that sustain CNN’s own alleged function in our free society.

Posts: 3078 | Registered: January 06, 2010Report This Post
Glorious SPAM!
Picture of mbinky
posted Hide Post
Propaganda works. That is why the left is so fond of it.

The Velvet Voicebox
posted Hide Post
Joey D 8/6/18

Description

INTERVIEW - JOE DIGENOVA - legal analyst and former U.S. Attorney to the District

TOPIC: DACA Ruling and latest on Russia probe: Manafort trial, Trump Tower meeting, Steele

"All great things are simple, and many can be expressed in single words: freedom, justice, honor, duty, mercy, hope."

--Sir Winston Churchill

"The world is filled with violence. Because criminals carry guns, we decent law-abiding citizens should also have guns. Otherwise they will win and the decent people will lose."

--James Earl Jones

Posts: 7651 | Location: KCMO | Registered: August 31, 2002Report This Post
Festina Lente
Picture of feersum dreadnaught
posted Hide Post
This would be useful. And good timing.

Via Paul Sperry - Look this month for POTUS to declassify …

— 20 redacted pages of June 2017 FISA renewal

… and possibly …

— 63 pages of emails and notes b/t Ohr & Steele

— FD-302 summaries of 12 FBI interviews w/ Ohr re Steele

… and watch Dems and media toadies become apoplectic

https://www.thegatewaypundit.c...senstein-this-month/

NRA Life Member - "Fear God and Dreadnaught"

Posts: 8295 | Location: in the red zone of the blue state, CT | Registered: October 15, 2008Report This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
^^^^^^ lines up w what Joe DiGenova said in the Cliff's audio above.

Let's keep fingers crossed

Frangas non Flectes
Picture of P220 Smudge
posted Hide Post
I can already hear the clamor about "protecting methods and sources!!!!"

Shine a light on it, Mr. President! Let's all have a look-see.

Posts: 17041 | Location: Sonoran Desert | Registered: February 10, 2011Report This Post
Unflappable Enginerd
Picture of stoic-one
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by P220 Smudge:
I can already hear the clamor about "protecting methods and sources!!!!"

Shine a light on it, Mr. President! Let's all have a look-see.
And the last several times times that line has been trotted out, it subsequently fell flat on its face.
Here's to hoping.

NRA Benefactor
I lost all my weapons in a boating, umm, accident.
http://www.aufamily.com/forums/

Posts: 6187 | Location: Headland, AL | Registered: April 19, 2006Report This Post
Frangas non Flectes
Picture of P220 Smudge
posted Hide Post
Right there with you. It's become a hollow defense on their part.

Posts: 17041 | Location: Sonoran Desert | Registered: February 10, 2011Report This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Check out this Obama administration Braniac embarrass himself on TV.

Oh, that darned "breaking news", huh?

"Of course, I am not in a position to comment on that." Yeah? Well, you were talking up a fucking storm before the truth accidentally spilled out. Jackass.

Picture of DrDan
posted Hide Post
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

It's like Baghdad Bob being interviewed telling the world that there are no Americans in Baghdad, when our tanks are rolling down the street right behind him.

This space intentionally left blank.

Posts: 4864 | Location: Florida | Registered: August 16, 2009Report This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by DrDan:
It's like Baghdad Bob being interviewed telling the world that there are no Americans in Baghdad, when our tanks are rolling down the street right behind him.
An oldie but a goodie, courtesy of yours truly, way back when.

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
Check out this Obama administration Braniac embarrass himself on TV.

Hilarious.

The braniac is almost as smart as the ignorant morons that voted for obama.

Posts: 11744 | Location: Western Oklahoma | Registered: June 18, 2008Report This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
The Left has lost their goddamn everlasting minds over RUSSIA RUSSIA RUSSIA!

This chick is for real, people. I think she used to be an actress, now she fancies herself some kind of political expert. Big Grin

They are PISSED about losing this Ohio special election that was supposed to be a massive loss for all things Trump.

quote:

Alyssa Milano

@Alyssa_Milano
You know what sucks?

Because of our unwillingness to pass policy that protects our election integrity, I immediately think the Green Party votes tonight are Russian meddling.

Why else would anyone cast a protest vote in Ohio when there’s so much at stake?#OH12

10:56 PM - Aug 7, 2018
25.6K people are talking about this

Posts: 33567 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Report This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Alyssa Milano is genuinely, deeply stupid. On top of that, she's uninformed and misinformed. Nothing she says other than "I'll blow you for free" has any meaning.