SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    The Trump Presidency : Year II
Page 1 ... 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 ... 308

Closed Topic Closed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
The Trump Presidency : Year II Login/Join 
Picture of DrDan
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by justjoe:
^^^ Well, you have a point. Especially regarding the assault media.

Well, we could limit the question capacity of the assault reporters that have the thing that goes up. I mean, no one needs to ask so many questions.

This space intentionally left blank.

Posts: 4876 | Location: Florida | Registered: August 16, 2009Report This Post
Ammoholic
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by justjoe:
Trump floated the idea in a tweet of de-credentialing White House reporters. Oh please please please do it! Drudge responded that he feared this would lead to a licensing of reporters. I don't know exactly what that would mean, but it's not what Trump said, and it seems to me a very bad idea on the face of it.

However, those rude, obnoxious bastards have no right to be in the White House press room. They are there on the invitation of the president. If they refuse to act as impartial journalists, which is their critically important duty-- screw 'em. Let them stand out on the sidewalk on the other side of the White House fence. Give them megaphones with which they can yell their questions in the general direction of the Oval Office. Big Grin

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/new...se-TV-reporters.html

I dunno, from what I have seen of the White House press corp, they should all be required to be licensed, they should have to present evidence that they have been spayed or neutered prior to being licensed, and they should also be required to pass a test demonstrating competence with the commands, "sit," "stay," and "do not speak until spoken to." YMMV...

ETA: And don't give them anything. If they want a megaphone, they or their network can buy them a megaphone.

Posts: 6919 | Location: Lost, but making time. | Registered: February 23, 2011Report This Post
I believe in the
principle of
Due Process
Picture of JALLEN
posted Hide Post
Well, let’s not get too silly about this.

The President plays the reporters, depends on them to get his message out, as they are standing at the foot of the bully pulpit.

These guys are unusually recalcitrant about covering events evenly, of course, by a heavy margin. More than 90% of the coverage is negative, from what I've seen.

The media front men, and women, typically are huge ego maniacs, not used to being out maniac’d by a mere President. Heh, heh, heh!

Luckily, I have enough willpower to control the driving ambition that rages within me.

When you had the votes, we did things your way. Now, we have the votes and you will be doing things our way. This lesson in political reality from Lyndon B. Johnson

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible." - Justice Janice Rogers Brown

Posts: 48369 | Location: Texas hill country | Registered: July 04, 2005Report This Post
Political Cynic
Picture of nhtagmember
posted Hide Post
I think the press corps has worn out its welcome at the white house

I can find no compelling reason why the white house even needs to let them on the property

they've abused the privilege so I say toss the ingrates out until they can develop some respect

[B] Against ALL enemies, foreign and DOMESTIC

Posts: 53183 | Location: Tucson Arizona | Registered: January 16, 2002Report This Post
goodheart
Picture of sjtill
posted Hide Post
quote:
The media front men, and women, typically are huge ego maniacs, not used to being out maniac’d by a mere President. Heh, heh, heh!

They've fought, clawed, kicked, scratched and bit their way over the backs, heads, and necks of their "colleagues" to get the coveted WH press badge. Asking polite, relevant questions is not going to get them time on the nightly news. Some incentive for good journalism, huh?

Posts: 18068 | Location: One hop from Paradise | Registered: July 27, 2004Report This Post
Admin/Odd Duck

Picture of lbj
posted Hide Post
A couple of democrats are saying they will vote for Haspel.

There is iron in my words of death for all to see.
So there is iron in my words of life.

Posts: 31425 | Registered: February 20, 2000Report This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
That Carmela Haggis chick from Cali has got to go.

Posts: 107596 | Registered: January 20, 2000Report This Post
goodheart
Picture of sjtill
posted Hide Post
Marc Thiessen: Gina Haspel too good to pass up

quote:
Gina Haspel is too qualified to pass up
It was one of the Clinton administration's biggest counterterrorism successes. Just weeks after al-Qaida terrorists trained by Iran blew up U.S. embassies in Kenya and Tanzania in 1998, Gina Haspel's phone rang in the middle of the night. She was in her final weeks as station chief in what the CIA describes as an "exotic and tumultuous capital" in central Eurasia, and intelligence had just emerged that two senior al-Qaida associates linked to the embassy bombings were on their way to the country where she was stationed.

Haspel swung into action, devising an operation to capture the terrorists. She worked around the clock, sleeping on the floor of her office, as agents tracked the terrorists to a local hotel, where the men were apprehended after a firefight. According to the CIA, "The successful operation not only led to the terrorists' arrest and subsequent imprisonment, but to the seizure of computers that contained details of a terrorist plot." For her efforts during the operation, which ultimately disrupted a terrorist cell, Haspel in 1999 received the George H.W. Bush Award for Excellence in Counterterrorism.

This is as much as the CIA has revealed, but according to press accounts, several senior al-Qaida associates were captured in Baku, Azerbaijan, just weeks after the embassy bombings. They included Ihab Saqr, a top lieutenant of al-Qaida leader Ayman al-Zawahiri, and Essam Marzouk, who also worked for Zawahiri and had trained two of the embassy bombers. Mossad, Israel's national intelligence agency, had reportedly intercepted signals indicating that Saqr was headed to Baku to meet an Iranian intelligence operative.

We should be thrilled that the woman behind this major counterterrorism success has been nominated to become the first female director of the CIA − and only the second person ever to rise to the agency's top post after spending her entire career in clandestine operations. But instead of being grateful that a seasoned, experienced intelligence operative has been chosen, Senate Democrats are threatening to kill her nomination.

This is insane. Gina Haspel is quite possibly the most qualified person ever nominated to lead the CIA. She has experience in virtually every agency discipline, from counterterrorism to counterintelligence and offensive intelligence operations − including personally recruiting spies and directing covert operations.

"She has served in some really tough places, high-risk hardship posts, and has performed some extraordinary operations," said former CIA official Henry "Hank" Crumpton, who was Haspel's boss in the agency's National Resources Division. According to a source familiar with her career, Haspel was once deployed in a conflict zone, when military officials from a hostile nation arrived without warning at an event she was attending. As she left, they fired at her vehicle, blowing out a tire. She still keeps the bullet as a reminder of the risks CIA officers take each day to protect the country. She knows their sacrifices firsthand. For her, some of the stars on the CIA's Memorial Wall represent the names and faces of friends she has lost in the line of duty.

"She's truly a spymaster," said one retired senior intelligence official who knows Haspel well. "She's managed intelligence operations against the hardest targets, Russia in particular. She has earned great respect from intelligence leaders around the world; even people like (Russian President Vladimir) Putin would have to respect her operational savvy." Yet despite her many accomplishments, colleagues say, she is a paragon of humility with zero political ambition. "She's never lobbied for a job," one of her former CIA bosses told me. "The jobs searched for her."

Little wonder that so many senior Obama-era intelligence officials − including Leon Panetta, John Brennan, Michael Morell, James R. Clapper Jr. and Jeremy Bash − have urged the Senate to confirm her.

To vote down someone so obviously qualified as political retribution for the CIA's now-defunct interrogation program would be a travesty. President Barack Obama's Justice Department concluded that no crimes had been committed. Moreover, as CIA veterans point out, Brennan was himself deeply involved in the interrogation program, and was confirmed 63-34 as Obama's CIA director, with only two Democrats and one independent voting against him. Why the double standard for the first woman nominated to lead the agency?

Democrats complain that President Trump has repeatedly attacked our intelligence community. But derailing Haspel's nomination would be a greater attack on our intelligence professionals than anything Trump has done. Haspel is beloved by the CIA's rank and file because she is one of them. Were the Senate to reject her, the nominee's former colleague said, "it would send a really chilling, devastating message."

Posts: 18068 | Location: One hop from Paradise | Registered: July 27, 2004Report This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:

You mean Angry Kamala? I think the Dems will pair her up with Fauxcahontas Warren for 2020. They are both nuts.

Posts: 33810 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Report This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
https://www.cbsnews.com/news/j...info-nunes-demanded/

Department of Justice officials have invited House Intelligence Committee Chairman Rep. Devin Nunes, as well as fellow top Republican on the committee Rep. Trey Gowdy, to a briefing Thursday on the classified information Nunes demanded in a subpoena last week, CBS News correspondent Paula Reid reports.

The exact nature of the information Nunes requested is unclear. Tension between the DOJ and some Republicans in Congress have persisted for months, as Republican chairmen have demanded extensive department records, many of them related to special counsel Robert Mueller's investigation into Russian election meddling and any ties to the Trump campaign

http://www.foxnews.com/politic...ocument-demands.html

Fox News has learned this is a direct result of a meeting at the White House on Tuesday between Deputy Attorney General Rod Rosenstein, his deputy Ed O'Callahan and White House Chief of Staff John Kelly.

Rosenstein had been on official travel in New York but raced back to Washington for the meeting.

A source familiar with the situation tells Fox News that after the meeting the three held a speakerphone call with Nunes and Gowdy and told the lawmakers the DOJ would work with them in an effort to get them the information they have been seeking.

Devin Nunes has been on the point of the spear in attacking the deep state silent coup.

Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Kamala the Vengeful. She castrates her victims before devouring them.

Posts: 107596 | Registered: January 20, 2000Report This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by lbj:

Gee, I wonder if they happen to be up for reelection in a red state this November. Exhibit A: Joe Manchin, D-WV.

Posts: 15907 | Location: Eastern Iowa | Registered: May 21, 2000Report This Post
A Grateful American
Picture of sigmonkey
posted Hide Post
quote:
Kamala the Vengeful. She castrates her victims before devouring them.

May she choke on Dr. Henry Heimlich's balls.

"the meaning of life, is to give life meaning" Ani Yehudi אני יהודי Le'olam lo shuv לעולם לא שוב!

Posts: 43884 | Location: ...... I am thrice divorced, and I live in a van DOWN BY THE RIVER!!! (in Arkansas) | Registered: December 20, 2008Report This Post
The Unknown
Stuntman
Picture of bionic218
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by PASig:
quote:

You mean Angry Kamala? I think the Dems will pair her up with Fauxcahontas Warren for 2020. They are both nuts.

I hope they do. I hope they spend the next ten elections trying to figure out Americans don't vote for angry bitter bitchy women.

Smart women, like Gina Haspel, yes.
Classy women, like Melania, yes.
Competent women, like Ms. Rice, yes.

But it is, and will continue to be, a big "no thanks" to women like Warren, Haggis, and Bill's wife. Angry, bitter, and bitchy only plays to their choir. It doesn't resonate outside of their own echo chamber.

Posts: 10751 | Location: missouri | Registered: October 18, 2009Report This Post
Ammoholic
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by PASig:
quote:

She cannot possibly go far enough. While it is fantastic that she is no longer running the CA DOJ, if she isn't causing much more damage where she is now, it is certainly not for lack of trying. She is definitely someone for whom I would not shed a tear were she run over by a bus or a semi-truck and trailer, or a whole convoy of semi-trucks and trailers.

Posts: 6919 | Location: Lost, but making time. | Registered: February 23, 2011Report This Post
bigger government
= smaller citizen
Picture of Veeper
posted Hide Post
RE the press corps and/or press briefings:

Couldn't they just have a lottery every morning?

If it's televised live on YouTube, why does the room have to be full of people that don't even ask any questions, except when the PressSec is walking away from the podium? Does anyone honestly believe that it's pure luck that the same people get to ask their question day in and day out?

“The urge to save humanity is almost always only a false-face for the urge to rule it.”—H.L. Mencken

Posts: 9159 | Location: West Michigan | Registered: April 20, 2006Report This Post
Info Guru
Picture of BamaJeepster
posted Hide Post
quote:

Now you just have Rand Paul, Khaleid Sheikh Mohammed (9/11 mastermind) and the rest of the democrats against her.

Hey Rand - when you look around and see you are voting with a terrorist, Chuck Schumer and Taxajawea - you should probably re-evaluate your position.

“Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passions, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence.”
- John Adams

Posts: 29408 | Location: In the red hinterlands of Deep Blue VA | Registered: June 29, 2001Report This Post
I believe in the
principle of
Due Process
Picture of JALLEN
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by BamaJeepster:
quote:

Now you just have Rand Paul, Khaleid Sheikh Mohammed (9/11 mastermind) and the rest of the democrats against her.

Hey Rand - when you look around and see you are voting with a terrorist, Chuck Schumer and Taxajawea - you should probably re-evaluate your position.

“Rand’s Good guy. He’s never let us down.” The Donald

Luckily, I have enough willpower to control the driving ambition that rages within me.

When you had the votes, we did things your way. Now, we have the votes and you will be doing things our way. This lesson in political reality from Lyndon B. Johnson

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible." - Justice Janice Rogers Brown

Posts: 48369 | Location: Texas hill country | Registered: July 04, 2005Report This Post
Info Guru
Picture of BamaJeepster
posted Hide Post
The president just tweeted this...Will be interesting to see the details which I am sure are forthcoming!

“Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passions, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence.”
- John Adams

Posts: 29408 | Location: In the red hinterlands of Deep Blue VA | Registered: June 29, 2001Report This Post
Info Guru
Picture of BamaJeepster
posted Hide Post
Here's the story:

Five Top ISIS Officials Captured in U.S.-Iraqi Sting

- John Adams