SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    MotoGP fans I have a question
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

MotoGP fans I have a question Login/Join 
Official forum
SIG Pro
enthusiast
Picture of stickman428
posted
I want to surprise my wife with a trip overseas. I was looking at Spain, Italy and Australia and it suddenly occurred to me that I should coordinate the trip so that we could attend a MotoGP race.

If you had a choice what MotoGP race would you attend? What are some of the better tracks to see a race in person?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The price of liberty and even of common humanity is eternal vigilance

Posts: 21129 | Location: San Dimas CA, the Old Dominion or the Tar Heel State…flip a coin  | Registered: April 16, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of RichardC
posted Hide Post
Could any one of.them be a wrong choice?

I envy you the opportunity.

Blessed be the Lord, my Rock

Posts: 15911 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 23, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"The deals you miss don’t hurt you”-B.D. Raney Sr.
posted Hide Post
Australia.
The only foreign country I have any real desire to see.
I have a whole plan/scenario that, with proper timing and funding, would be a once in a lifetime adventure.

Posts: 6308 | Location: East Texas | Registered: February 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of aileron
posted Hide Post
Catalunya or the British GP at Silverstone - both are great tracks with lots to do/see in the area.

Posts: 1480 | Location: Montana - bear country | Registered: March 20, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
All the time
Picture of Gear.Up
posted Hide Post
It's not Moto GP, but what about Isle of Man?

That would be my choice!

Posts: 2320 | Location: East TN | Registered: July 28, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
More persistent
than capable
posted Hide Post
Barcelona

Lick the lollipop of mediocrity once and you suck forever.

Posts: 1089 | Location: North | Registered: August 27, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Prefontaine
posted Hide Post
They are all worthy of attendance or they wouldn’t be on the calendar. Track wise, Mugello, or PI. I’d say the cathedral but they fucked that up good and proper years ago when they built the hotel on the circuit. Ruined the final sector. Mugello would be my pick but the wife would hate it. The Italians party all night long and have singles hooked up to loud exhausts and they blip it all night. It’s bank too. Hotel would need to be far away from the track for proper sleep and it is a zoo getting in and out of the circuit. Brno is the most cost efficient in Europe. Lodging, food, drink, etc, are very fairly priced there. We have a world class circuit finally. Austin is no Italy, but you can’t beat the price.

What am I doing? I'm talking to an empty telephone

Posts: 12661 | Location: Down South | Registered: January 16, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
For the sheer spectacle of crazed motorcycle fans, you can't beat Marquez racing in Spain or Rossi in Italy. And this year could be the last chance to see him race at Mugello.

Posts: 2491 | Location: WI | Registered: December 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Gear.Up:
It's not Moto GP, but what about Isle of Man?

That would be my choice!

That's been on my bucket list for a long time. My golfing comrade attended it two years ago and told me that the atmosphere surrounding the event is fun as hell. Race watching was a disappointment. You only get to see bikes going fast for a few seconds due to lack of visibility of large sections of the track. Apparently viewing the videos is much better where you can see prolonged battles from many cameras along the track. It's still on my bucket list, I like fun events.

Posts: 7568 | Registered: October 31, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of valkyrie1
posted Hide Post
Maybe this will help. Edelweisse has a great rep.. https://www.edelweissbike.com/en/touren/?c=9MU

Posts: 2310 | Location: Florida | Registered: March 01, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Prefontaine
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bigwagon:
For the sheer spectacle of crazed motorcycle fans, you can't beat Marquez racing in Spain or Rossi in Italy. And this year could be the last chance to see him race at Mugello.

I’ve got some friends that work in the paddock. There is some scuttlebut about Vale making an announcement after COTA. The paddock folks do gossip quite a lot though. Damn I wanted to see #10.

What am I doing? I'm talking to an empty telephone

Posts: 12661 | Location: Down South | Registered: January 16, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Blinded by
the Sun
Picture of GA Gator
posted Hide Post
I hope your wife is a motogp fan. Like huge fan otherwise that's your vacation not hers or one for both of you.

------------------------------
Smart is not something you are but something you get.

Chi Chi, get the yayo

Posts: 4787 | Location: Home | Registered: April 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post