SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    More good news - kid related - everything is looking good
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

More good news - kid related - everything is looking good Login/Join 
Picture of OttoSig
posted
With my upcoming return stateside, I approached my ex with the idea that we go to a 50/50 shared custody. Our divorce states that after I get out of the military this would be the case. When we divorced it was presented as PCS'ing and the constant change would be hard on a young child, not too mention the interruption of school schedule.

I agreed and while we have never been on bad terms it always seemed an uphill battle to get my fair share of time with them. Enter COVID and an overseas billet and the time has become even harder.

Well since we divorced she married a service member and they PCS same as me, she asked if she could home school them, to which I agreed with a few stipulations. Well, all that means there really isn't a good reason NOT to do 50/50 custody anymore in my opinion.

Well, when I approached her with this she was VERY receptive. We loosely agreed I would get December-February, she'll get them back for 6 months or so and then we'll start 50/50 after that.

My son is almost 13 so I don't have a whole lot of time left with him, my daughter is 9 so I have a few more years there.

Come November I get back:
- Kids - First Holidays together in 7 years!
- Guns
- Dogs

I got a little teary eyed thinking about how when I leave Maryland my son will be nearly 18. It will be precious time indeed.

11 years to retirement! Just waiting!

Posts: 6319 | Location: Maryland | Registered: August 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I run trains!
Picture of SigM4
posted Hide Post
That’s awesome news. I know how tough it must be now, but sounds like a great opportunity to make up for some lost time in the near future. Congrats!

Success always occurs in private, and failure in full view.

Complacency sucks…

Posts: 5423 | Location: Wichita, KS (for now)…always a Texan… | Registered: April 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of whododat
posted Hide Post
Great news for you. Glad to hear it.

Because son, it is what you are supposed to do.

Posts: 1853 | Location: Escaped to TN | Registered: October 29, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
That’s a great update to read!

Very happy for you!

Posts: 491 | Location: St. Augustine, FL | Registered: April 03, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post