SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Memphis man shoots, kills two burglars in his home
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Memphis man shoots, kills two burglars in his home Login/Join 
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted
...and at least one of them was duel-wielding. Didn't do you a lick of good, did it, you dead fool?

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2018...home-police-say.html

A Tennessee man grabbed his gun and opened fire on two burglary suspects who broke into his home Friday night, killing both of them, police said.

The homeowner, who asked to not be named, told FOX13 he was walking into his home in Memphis when he encountered the two alleged burglars, identified as 28-year-old Azell Witherspoon and 17-year-old Demond Robinson. He was returning home from the barber shop and found the door pried open.

“[The suspect] picked up his weapon, turned around and points them at me…two pistols,” the homeowner recalled.

The suspects allegedly began shooting when the man’s friend ran outside. When the suspects dashed out of the house, the homeowner grabbed his gun and began firing.

“I just let loose, not knowing it hit both of them,” he said. “My life is the last thing anyone wants to take.”

“I’m sorry, but it was them or it was me,” he added.

Memphis police said Saturday the homeowner will not be charged in the deadly shooting.

“The individual who was detained has been released without charge. All evidence was presented to the DAG's Office and it was determined that no criminal charges will be filed at this point,” police tweeted.

The homeowner said this isn’t the first time he’s dealt with violence. Last September, he said someone also shot at his home.

“I mean, we’re in Memphis, you’re going to need a gun,” he said.

Posts: 107857 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
ammoholic
Picture of drtenb330
posted Hide Post
A save for the taxpayers, and possible future victims of these two prime examples of Darwinism.

Posts: 1634 | Location: Miami Beach, Florida | Registered: December 26, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of dsiets
posted Hide Post
quote:
“I mean, we’re in Memphis, you’re going to need a gun,”

They need that up on Memphistravel.com

Posts: 7395 | Location: MI | Registered: May 22, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Not really from Vienna
Picture of arfmel
posted Hide Post
Azell and Demond picked the wrong house.

Posts: 26978 | Location: Jerkwater, Texas | Registered: January 30, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Mired in the
Fog of Lucidity
posted Hide Post
AK-47.....seems appropriate for the neighborhood.

Posts: 4850 | Registered: February 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I seriously think a gun rental counter at the car rental center at the airport would be a great asset to our visitors. Issue the guns for just a returnable deposit and charge you for the ammo if you bring it back empty.

We did just get a bike rental program though. Makes it easier to get home when your car gets stolen / carjacked.

http://www.wmcactionnews5.com/...n-memphis-in-2-weeks

Posts: 3718 | Registered: August 13, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
I seriously think a gun rental counter at the car rental center at the airport would be a great asset to our visitors. Issue the guns for just a returnable deposit and charge you for the ammo if you bring it back empty.

I like the idea! A map of the most recent shootings might be of help to the out of town traveler as well.

Posts: 17307 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Mensch
Picture of kz1000
posted Hide Post
quote:
Demond

You big dummy!

------------------------------------------------------------------------
"Yidn, shreibt un fershreibt"

"The Nazis entered this war under the rather childish delusion that they were going to bomb everyone else, and nobody was going to bomb them. At Rotterdam, London, Warsaw and half a hundred other places, they put their rather naive theory into operation. They sowed the wind, and now they are going to reap the whirlwind."
-Bomber Harris

Posts: 16124 | Location: Ivorydale | Registered: January 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 229DAK
posted Hide Post
Azell and Demond
at the wrong house

Posts: 9065 | Location: Northern Virginia | Registered: November 04, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Wait, what?
Picture of gearhounds
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Sigmanic:
AK-47.....seems appropriate for the neighborhood.

Mogadishu on the Mississippi...

“Remember to get vaccinated or a vaccinated person might get sick from a virus they got vaccinated against because you’re not vaccinated.” - author unknown

Posts: 15654 | Location: Martinsburg WV | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of RichardC
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by kz1000:
quote:
Demond

You big dummy!

Smile

Posts: 15926 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 23, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of mikeyspizza
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by kz1000:
quote:
Demond

You big dummy!
Uh, that was Lamont, Lamont Sanford.

Posts: 4021 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: August 16, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Yes, and the actor who played him is named Demond Wilson.

Posts: 107857 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post