SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Paris Jackson, Michael Jackson's daughter at the VMA'S
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Paris Jackson, Michael Jackson's daughter at the VMA'S Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
A beautiful young girl, who the last time I saw her, like so many others, had ruined her beauty with tattoos .

Posts: 2560 | Location: Central Virginia | Registered: July 20, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Yeah, she'll be getting a chimpanzee any time now (Mr. Teeny, I think- no, wait, that was The Simpsons), maybe pull dad's old hyperbaric chamber out of storage and get it refurbed. You know, just to try it out, see what all the hype was about.

Posts: 107598 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bigdeal
posted Hide Post
Look, her daddy was severely mentally ill, but at least he had his 15 minutes. This nitwit isn't a has been, she's a never was and never will be. As such, she just needs to give the microphone back and shut up.

-----------------------------
Guns are awesome because they shoot solid lead freedom. Every man should have several guns. And several dogs, because a man with a cat is a woman. Kurt Schlichter

Posts: 33845 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: April 30, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Eschew Obfuscation
posted Hide Post
Inanity:
This is a form of talk which pays a large but, I would think, relatively harmless role in our personal lives. But with the development of the mass media, inanity has suddenly emerged as a major form of language in public matters. The invention of new and various kinds of communication has given a voice and an audience to many people whose opinions would otherwise not be solicited, and who, in fact, have little else but verbal excrement to contribute to public issues. Many of these people are entertainers. The press and air waves are filled with the featured and prime-time statements from people who are in no position to render informed judgments on what they are talking about and yet render them with elan and, above all, sincerity. Inanity, then, is ignorance presented in the cloak of sincerity.

This is an excerpt of a speech by social commentator Neil Postman back in 1969.

One can only imagine what he would have to say about "celebrities" or my idiot brother-in-law who are given worldwide platforms to spout off on any idiot thought that comes into their minds.

“Civilization is not inherited; it has to be learned and earned by each generation anew; if the transmission should be interrupted for one century, civilization would die, and we should be savages again." - Will Durant

Posts: 6404 | Location: Chicago, IL | Registered: December 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bigdeal:
Look, her daddy was severely mentally ill, but at least he had his 15 minutes.

I'd say he had a heck of a lot more than 15 minutes.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30409 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oh stewardess,
I speak jive.
Picture of 46and2
posted Hide Post
He had major issues for shizzle, but man - people would lose their damn minds when he came to town, girls and women wailing and screaming and crying like few others have *ever* elicited. He was a musical/entertainment/dancing force of nature for a long time.

Him, the Beatles, Elvis probably. Just look at old footage of his concerts. It was a trip.

Posts: 25613 | Registered: March 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bigdeal
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Balzé Halzé:
quote:

Since you apparently missed it, that comment was a generalization and not meant to be taken literally. Now back to the topic at hand...

Guns are awesome because they shoot solid lead freedom. Every man should have several guns. And several dogs, because a man with a cat is a woman. Kurt Schlichter

Posts: 33845 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: April 30, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
quote:

Since you apparently missed it, that comment was a generalization and not meant to be taken literally. Now back to the topic at hand...

Jesus, I know it wasn't meant literally. The "fifteen minutes of fame" cliché applies to short lived celebrities, not to the "King of Pop" and one of the most well-known and best selling entertainers of all time.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30409 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bigdeal
posted Hide Post
quote:
Jesus, I know it wasn't meant literally. The "fifteen minutes of fame" cliché applies to short lived celebrities, not to the "King of Pop" and one of the most well-known and best selling entertainers of all time.
I'm not chasing this any further down the rabbit hole with you.

posting without pants
Picture of KevinCW
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
For what it's worth, I've never believed the stories about Jackson molesting boys. I know that a lot of people do believe these stories, and I understand why.

Thing is, the guy was just supremely freaking weird. Mountains of money and inescapable fame can do that to people. Michael Jackson didn't have a normal childhood and I think all the sleepovers and sleeping with nine year olds was the result of a man who was divorced from reality and whose wealth allowed isolation.
Yes, of course Jackson paid out millions to little Timmy or whomever. No way that crap was making it to court and Timmy's mummy and deddy moved out of their double-wide.

As far as his daughter, I don't know what she said but I can guess, and I just don't care to know. It's all the same. I will say that if Michael Jackson is your dad, you don't know jack shit about the real world and you are in no position to be lecturing real people.

I tend to agree. I have no evidence that supports either way, other than "motive." Most of those accusations were at the absolute height of his career... and seemed to have significant dollar signs for all involved.

Maybe I'm jaded because in my conservative estimation, probably 15 percent of my "victims" are COMPLETELY lying, and another 65 percent are at least PARTIALLY lying...

I view EVERYTHING with intense skepticism now, because in my experience, it is warranted.

I don't want this taken lightly, but literally 80 percent of the person vs person "robberies" we get called to, are drug deals where the buyer gets ripped off, or a prostitution deal where the "john" gets ripped off. Not often they are legit.

Strive to live your life so when you wake up in the morning and your feet hit the floor, the devil says "Oh crap, he's up."

Posts: 33287 | Location: St. Louis MO | Registered: February 15, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Quirky Lurker
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RAMIUS:
I still don't believe there's enough neo nazis and kkk members to even bring them up...

Yes, but you are using common sense and the real definition. The them, everyone who does not agree with them is a neo Nazi aor KKK member, so they are referring to half the population.

Posts: 869 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 20, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of fpuhan
posted Hide Post
Michael Jackson exemplified the idea that only in America could someone be born a poor, black boy, and grow up to be a rich, white woman.

You can't truly call yourself "peaceful" unless you are capable of great violence. If you're not capable of great violence, you're not peaceful, you're harmless.

NRA Benefactor/Patriot Member

Posts: 2857 | Location: Peoples Republic of North Virginia | Registered: December 04, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Browndrake
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
For what it's worth, I've never believed the stories about Jackson molesting boys. I know that a lot of people do believe these stories, and I understand why.

Thing is, the guy was just supremely freaking weird. Mountains of money and inescapable fame can do that to people. Michael Jackson didn't have a normal childhood and I think all the sleepovers and sleeping with nine year olds was the result of a man who was divorced from reality and whose wealth allowed isolation.
Yes, of course Jackson paid out millions to little Timmy or whomever. No way that crap was making it to court and Timmy's mummy and deddy moved out of their double-wide.

As far as his daughter, I don't know what she said but I can guess, and I just don't care to know. It's all the same. I will say that if Michael Jackson is your dad, you don't know jack shit about the real world and you are in no position to be lecturing real people.

This is how I've always kind of seen it myself. I thought he always came off as being Asexual. Supremely weird, but not a sexual predator. I can't even begin to imagine growing up as a child in his home. His daughter never really had much of a chance.

There was a time when my wife could not get enough of these types of award shows. She's had an awakening of sorts within the last year or so (Thank you Donald Trump) and now she can't hardly stomach them. She watched about 2 seconds of the VMA's and turned the channel because she couldn't stand the liberal tripe being served up by these out of touch morons. It makes my heart soar like a hawk. Smile

Be on your guard; stand firm in the faith; be men of courage; be strong. Do everything in love.
- 1 Corinthians 16:13-14

Posts: 888 | Location: Southwest Michigan | Registered: March 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I always thought that a lot of Michael's problems could have been avoided if some of his so-called friends like Elizabeth Taylor or Quincy Jones had taken him aside and told him to get his act together and cut out the weird shit .

Posts: 2560 | Location: Central Virginia | Registered: July 20, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
You don't come back from that far gone.

Picture of Leemur
posted Hide Post
Go back to fantasyland sweetheart, the real world can be a rough place. Roll Eyes

Posts: 13743 | Location: Shenandoah Valley, VA | Registered: October 16, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have thought about this for a long time....
But I think I have finally built up enough courage to come out with my definitive statement and announcement of my mission in life:

I hereby completely denounce evil in all forms!

Please, hold you applause, because I am also the most humble man on Earth.

"Crom is strong! If I die, I have to go before him, and he will ask me, 'What is the riddle of steel?' If I don't know it, he will cast me out of Valhalla and laugh at me."

Posts: 6641 | Registered: September 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
You're a brave man, Crom.

Coin Sniper
Picture of Rightwire
posted Hide Post
I'm sorry as I'm not an expert on Paris Jackson. But other than being the daughter of someone who excelled in entertainment, what has she done that makes her opinion noteworthy?

Pronoun: His Royal Highness and benevolent Majesty of all he surveys

343 - Never Forget

Its better to be Pavlov's dog than Schrodinger's cat

There are three types of mistakes; Those you learn from, those you suffer from, and those you don't survive.

Posts: 37958 | Location: Above the snow line in Michigan | Registered: May 21, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Legalize the Constitution
Picture of TMats
posted Hide Post
Ya had to throw that "other than being the daughter of someone who excelled in entertainment" qualifier in there, didn't you. Big Grin

Posts: 13263 | Location: Wyoming | Registered: January 10, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post