SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Hodgdon powder company
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Hodgdon powder company Login/Join 
Just because something is legal to do doesn't mean it is the smart thing to do.
posted
Just wondering whats up with them. I tried to contact twice them through the link on their website.
Been a couple of weeks and no response.
Anybody else been in contact with them?

Integrity is doing the right thing, even when nobody is looking.

Posts: 4139 | Location: Metamora MI | Registered: October 31, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Dances With
Tornados
posted Hide Post
You might ask this in the Reloading section.

Posts: 11859 | Registered: October 26, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Sigforum K9 handler
Picture of jljones
posted Hide Post
I would imagine, like many other companies, they’ve got stuff going on and a reduced staff.

I would guess that’s what’s going on with them.

www.opspectraining.com

"It's a bold strategy, Cotton. Let's see if it works out for them"

Posts: 37118 | Location: Logical | Registered: September 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of sigcrazy7
posted Hide Post
They're probably short handed, along with crushing demand. Every hand on deck is probably working in operations. Answering emails is probably on hold until the crazy settles.

Demand not that events should happen as you wish; but wish them to happen as they do happen, and you will go on well. -Epictetus

Posts: 8221 | Location: Utah | Registered: December 18, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
OP, have you been watching the news lately?

Posts: 2490 | Location: WI | Registered: December 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
One of their main factories is in Australia, and burned up in the recent fires.

Posts: 6650 | Registered: September 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Coin Sniper
Picture of Rightwire
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sns3guppy:
One of their main factories is in Australia, and burned up in the recent fires.

I bet that was impressive...

Pronoun: His Royal Highness and benevolent Majesty of all he surveys

343 - Never Forget

Its better to be Pavlov's dog than Schrodinger's cat

There are three types of mistakes; Those you learn from, those you suffer from, and those you don't survive.

Posts: 37992 | Location: Above the snow line in Michigan | Registered: May 21, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bigwagon:
OP, have you been watching the news lately?

Yes
Maybe they are short handed or busy but I believe the first email I sent was before any of the states started shuting down. And Kansas, where it they are located, is not currently shut down. So I assumed there was a chance they were fully staffed there.

Maybe my original wording was clumsy but I was trying to determine if possibly, just maybe, the emails might not be going through or whatever.

That is why I asked if anybody else had been trying to contact them without any luck.

Simple question which didn't need all this BS.

Posts: 4139 | Location: Metamora MI | Registered: October 31, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by gjgalligan:

Simple question which didn't need all this BS.

I, for one, am deeply ashamed to have wasted your time with clearly irrelevant information that has contaminated your thread. My deepest apologies, from the depths of my sorrowful heart, for having shit upon your request.

But don'tcha think, just maybe, that their fucking production facility having blown up might be somehow, in the smallest bit, germane?

posted Hide Post
quote:
How about some civility on the forum....

That applies to me, sorry.

I just wanted to know if anybody had the same problem I had.

I have had similar lack of response from other companies in the last several months.
Just trying to figure out why.

Sigforum K9 handler
Picture of jljones
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by gjgalligan:
quote:
How about some civility on the forum....

That applies to me, sorry.

I just wanted to know if anybody had the same problem I had.

I have had similar lack of response from other companies in the last several months.
Just trying to figure out why.

It’s all good, man. Anybody that claims to really care about something said by someone on the internet really needs to look at their priorities in life. People are people. Good and bad, and certainly frustrated at times.

www.opspectraining.com

"It's a bold strategy, Cotton. Let's see if it works out for them"

Posts: 37118 | Location: Logical | Registered: September 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
They might have decided to shut down for a period of time. A large yacht building company that I deal with, Hatteras Yachts, decided to close their factory for 30 days (middle of last week). Some other manufacturers are doing the same.

Posts: 21335 | Registered: June 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The end times have truly arrived if we get to the point when we can no longer find Tightgroup.

Fortunately, we're not there, yet.

Picture of sigcrazy7
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sns3guppy:
The end times have truly arrived if we get to the point when we can no longer find Tightgroup.

Fortunately, we're not there, yet.

Apparently, my basement is holding off the four horsemen of the apocalypse. You're welcome. Big Grin

Demand not that events should happen as you wish; but wish them to happen as they do happen, and you will go on well. -Epictetus

Posts: 8221 | Location: Utah | Registered: December 18, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Dances With
Tornados
posted Hide Post
Have you tried another vendor?

Such as Grafs? You might contact these guys and see what they say about Hogdons, or perhaps buy from them?

Good luck to you.

Posts: 11859 | Registered: October 26, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post