SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    First snow of the season
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

First snow of the season Login/Join 
Picture of Garret Blaine
posted
And it looks like it is going to be a doozy! Forecast called for accumulating snow to start around 1800 with totals of 11-22 inches through Wednesday evening. At 1800 we already had 6 inches on the ground and it is coming down pretty good. We desperately needed the moisture but I hope this isn’t a sign of what the rest of the winter has in store.

-----------------------------------

Posts: 335 | Location: Buffalo, WY | Registered: June 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Web Clavin Extraordinaire
Picture of Oat_Action_Man
posted Hide Post
Wish we could get some of that here right now! Can't imagine a foot + in mid-October!

----------------------------

Chuck Norris put the laughter in "manslaughter"

Educating the youth of America, one declension at a time.

Posts: 19837 | Location: SE PA | Registered: January 12, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Eye on the
Silver Lining
posted Hide Post
Just no.

"Trust, but verify."

Posts: 5279 | Registered: October 24, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Prepared for the Worst, Providing the Best
Picture of 92fstech
posted Hide Post
Was 84 degrees here in northern Indiana yesterday. In mid-October. I'm over this. I'd take the snow.

Posts: 8398 | Location: In the Cornfields | Registered: May 25, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Green grass and
high tides
Picture of old rugged cross
posted Hide Post
I hope it piles up deeeeeeeeeep. And then gets frigid cold. An then snows more. For multiple reasons. That would be sooooo perfect Wink

"Practice like you want to play in the game"

Posts: 19106 | Registered: September 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Just because you can,
doesn't mean you should
posted Hide Post
I could take maybe one of those a year to kill of the bugs and remind me why I don't live in the north anymore.
A few pictures would be fine.

Posts: 9449 | Location: NE GA | Registered: August 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of sigcrazy7
posted Hide Post
Don’t worry. It’ll all be blown to Montana in about five minutes. Big Grin

Demand not that events should happen as you wish; but wish them to happen as they do happen, and you will go on well. -Epictetus

Posts: 8196 | Location: Utah | Registered: December 18, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Flying Sergeant
posted Hide Post
We’ve had 80 degrees plus here in October, which is wrong. I’m heading Up North next weekend bow hunting, I’d love to see a few inches of snow on the ground, not quite 18-22!

Posts: 1673 | Location: Waukesha,WI | Registered: December 19, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Ironbutt
posted Hide Post
We normally get a good wet snowfall around here by the end of October. We've been unusually warm this Fall so far, so it doesn't look like that'll happen this year.

------------------------------------------------

"It's hard to imagine a more stupid or dangerous way of making decisions, than by putting those decisions in the hands of people who pay no price for being wrong."
Thomas Sowell

Posts: 2048 | Location: PA | Registered: September 01, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Age Quod Agis
Picture of ArtieS
posted Hide Post
Was over 90 here yesterday. I'd pay for snowfall.

"I vowed to myself to fight against evil more completely and more wholeheartedly than I ever did before. . . . That’s the only way to pay back part of that vast debt, to live up to and try to fulfill that tremendous obligation."

Alfred Hornik, Sunday, December 2, 1945 to his family, on his continuing duty to others for surviving WW II.

Posts: 12743 | Location: Central Florida | Registered: November 02, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
easy money
posted Hide Post
Hello!

Southwest Wyoming here … forecast calling for 4-8” today into tomorrow. Buffalo is a great place for 11” of snow!! Lol!!

Jim

That which doesn't kill you only makes you stronger

Posts: 576 | Location: United States | Registered: December 05, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Garret Blaine
posted Hide Post
13” on the ground when I got up this morning. Hasn’t started drifting too bad yet but the winds are supposed to pick up.

-----------------------------------

Posts: 335 | Location: Buffalo, WY | Registered: June 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
always with a hat or sunscreen
Picture of bald1
posted Hide Post
Due East of you Garret but with the Black Hills as a buffer between us. I'm at 4000' and it is coming down wet and heavy here. Only expecting a couple inches accumulation though for our first snow of the season. Even had a few thunderclaps with the white stuff. Big Grin

Certifiable member of the gun toting, septuagenarian, bucket list workin', crazed retiree, bald is beautiful club!
USN (RET), COTEP #192

Posts: 16143 | Location: Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: June 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bald1
posted Hide Post

Certifiable member of the gun toting, septuagenarian, bucket list workin', crazed retiree, bald is beautiful club!
USN (RET), COTEP #192

Posts: 16143 | Location: Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: June 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
We had a "cold front" move through today and the high is to be 70F. I saw folks with jackets on this morning!!! True Desert Rats that can't handle cold!! LOL

Posts: 6600 | Location: Az | Registered: May 27, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Political Cynic
Picture of nhtagmember
posted Hide Post
I turned my heat on around 530AM Monday morning - it was that cold here

today it was in the low 60's and a pretty good wind blowing here in the canyon

sky is pretty hazy with all the dust and crap thats been thrown up over the past two days

Posts: 53080 | Location: Tucson Arizona | Registered: January 16, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ridewv
posted Hide Post
Are you experiencing a water deficit in Wyoming? If so I guess it's welcome in any form.

Beautiful dry Fall weather in northern WV for the last couple months, neither heat or AC has been on.

No car is as much fun to drive, as any motorcycle is to ride.

Posts: 7036 | Location: Northern WV | Registered: January 17, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bald1
posted Hide Post
The Plains States have been experiencing various levels of drought for the last two years, so moisture of any kind is appreciated.

USN (RET), COTEP #192

Picture of mark60
posted Hide Post
When I looked at your location and saw Buffalo it scared the hell out of me, I didn't know we were supposed to get snow. Thankfully you're in a different Buffalo, enjoy.

Posts: 3437 | Location: God Awful New York | Registered: July 01, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bald1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mark60:
When I looked at your location and saw Buffalo it scared the hell out of me, I didn't know we were supposed to get snow. Thankfully you're in a different Buffalo, enjoy.

LoL

I originally hail from the Syracuse area so I understand your reaction.
FWIW there is both Buffalo, Wyoming where Garret is (west of me) and Buffalo, South Dakota (north of me) nearby which compounds things when hearing area reports.

USN (RET), COTEP #192