SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Thank you all... ! Harnesses arrived--- pics inside !
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Thank you all... ! Harnesses arrived--- pics inside ! Login/Join 
Not your average
kind of girl
Picture of P226RN
posted
First, I love this place and the people who roam around here.

I never expected to have a simple request for "likes" turn into an outright donation of new harness leads.

When SM emailed this morning I shed a tear or two at the exceptional gesture and again just now as I was finally able to look at the thread.

You are all amazing people and I cannot thank you enough for the generosity you displayed in a moments notice to help out some well deserving shelter dogs. These will make the dogs so much safer and we handlers more comfortable on our much needed walks.

Briggs is a special place and the history is interesting should you ever want to check out the website. We are a no kill and will do anything and everything to make sure these animals get the right forever home so that they hopefully never have to go through heartbreak again.

Thank you to all who donated, tried to or even just sent a positive thought. Thank you Para for allowing this and SM for starting it off.

You all have my undying gratitude and a special place in my heart. Paw-ways and forever - Tara

edited to add:
They have arrived!

Wow, what an amazing gift you have given to the BAAC! The company ended up adding some bonus winners and sent us the extra you see on top of what you guys sent. We are all thrilled! And, "Bleu" is already sporting his as he prepares for a walk. *see pic

Dzozer, Your's arrived today too! Thank you so much! Very, very kind of you!

You have my deepest gratitude and that of everyone at the adoption center. We couldn't wait to walk some dogs today!

Best to you all!

This message has been edited. Last edited by: P226RN,

If it won't matter in 5 years don't give it more than 5 minutes.

Posts: 5187 | Location: Bye Bye Maryland! Hello WV! | Registered: May 12, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fire for effect
posted Hide Post
You are a truly generous person.
Thank you for all you have done and continue to do.
May God continue to bless you and your efforts!

And Sigmonkey, too!

"Ride to the sound of the big guns."

Posts: 7213 | Location: South Georgia | Registered: May 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Move Up or
Move Over
posted Hide Post
My brain must have been asleep this morning. Somehow I didn't make the connection that this was you.

Just makes my decision even easier

Posts: 4954 | Location: middle Tennessee | Registered: October 28, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Just because you can,
doesn't mean you should
posted Hide Post
Our part was easy. You're doing the heavy lifting and Sigmonkey did some good and quick marketing.
Your website looks really good too.
Anyone in the area that's looking for a pet, I think they are about an hour west of DC, needs to look them up.

https://www.baacs.org/

Posts: 9798 | Location: NE GA | Registered: August 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of sigcrazy7
posted Hide Post
Dang, I just noticed this tonight after the fact. You must be rather fast on the draw if you want to contribute to a Sigforum worthy cause.

Demand not that events should happen as you wish; but wish them to happen as they do happen, and you will go on well. -Epictetus

Posts: 8272 | Location: Utah | Registered: December 18, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
Anytime Tara, I only donated a few bucks (and I hate dogs). I can't think of poor dogs not being able to find a home, or being put down. Hope my few pennies helps your organization to do it's work.

Thank you for volunteering to make our world a better place for man and his best friend.

Oh yeah, yes SIGforum rocks!

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 21107 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Still finding my way
Picture of Ryanp225
posted Hide Post
This forum is a special place in our world.
There is a collection of some of the best we have to offer here.

Posts: 10851 | Registered: January 04, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Age Quod Agis
Picture of ArtieS
posted Hide Post
Tara, you and Monkey have been so generous to me over the years, I had to help. You guys are the best.

"I vowed to myself to fight against evil more completely and more wholeheartedly than I ever did before. . . . That’s the only way to pay back part of that vast debt, to live up to and try to fulfill that tremendous obligation."

Alfred Hornik, Sunday, December 2, 1945 to his family, on his continuing duty to others for surviving WW II.

Posts: 12920 | Location: Central Florida | Registered: November 02, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of dsiets
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 220-9er:
Our part was easy. You're doing the heavy lifting and Sigmonkey did some good and quick marketing.
Your website looks really good too.
Anyone in the area that's looking for a pet, I think they are about an hour west of DC, needs to look them up.

https://www.baacs.org/

Thanks for the link. If it's Sigmonkey approved, that makes it easy when choosing an organization.
I'm not sure where the initial post is (I don't do facebook either)but I see on the link they also take care of kitties.

"Momma Kiki", a former feral/stray I caught w/ her kittens suggested I give a little something as two of her seven kittens were placed through a shelter.
And to see her, an older, untouchable and uncatchable animal this past summer, she now refuses to to be released, follows me constantly and has recently started to jump on my lap for body scratchings/petting.
So, from Kiki and her kittens

Day 1 of captivity
https://i.imgur.com/08pt3oj.mp4

ETA: I found the other thread and it looks like I'm late but followed proper protocol by going straight to the link by 220-9er to donate, if others are so inclined. Smile

This message has been edited. Last edited by: dsiets,

Posts: 7485 | Location: MI | Registered: May 22, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Not your average
kind of girl
Picture of P226RN
posted Hide Post
Thanks guys and Kiki! And, yes all donations are always appreciated.

If you are in the area stop in and take a tour. You will be amazed at the facility and the care of the animals. It is super clean though the building exterior needs some work. Some crappy company half assed the original build and it really needs a makeover.

And, not to leave out the cats... They have quite possibly the coolest set up ever. It is a free roaming cattery with multiple cat walks, sun porch, trees, squirrel/bird videos playing all day long and much more! You can actually come by and just hang out and pet cats.

They adopt out up to about an 1.5 hour radius and farther for the special needs animals. There are more strict guidelines but that is to help make sure the animals hopefully don't get adopted into another bad home/situation.

Volunteers are always needed too!

Thanks so much again everyone. You are all the best kind of people. Smile

Posts: 5187 | Location: Bye Bye Maryland! Hello WV! | Registered: May 12, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Not your average
kind of girl
Picture of P226RN
posted Hide Post
bumpity for update