SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Watching The Last Waltz
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Watching The Last Waltz Login/Join 
186,000 miles per second.
It's the law.

posted Hide Post
That is a great album and the original vinyl can not be beat.

Posts: 3251 | Registered: August 19, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of rebut10
posted Hide Post
Love The Last Waltz. Was not aware of the discord it caused. I have only seen parts of The Concert For George and they are awesome.

Anyone remember The Concert For Bangladesh from 1972? George Harrison, Bob Dylan, Eric Clapton, Leon Russell, Billy Preston, Klaus Voormann, etc... and, oh ya, Ringo Starr. Not as well produced "Waltz" but a great line up. I've saw it in a movie theater I '73 and have it on DVD...somewhere around here.

Live free or die...
Don't tread on me...
Molon Labe...
Take your pick.

Posts: 1238 | Location: Not on Cape Cod. | Registered: December 24, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Never miss an
opportunity to STFU
posted Hide Post
The Waltz is my favorite concert recording. Not to hijack this thread, but to add to your listening pleasure, In addition, there is a rather obscure recording of Eric Clapton playing his annual concert at Albert Hall, called "From the Cradle". It is full of footage of the delta in Mississippi, Memphis, Chicago, and other areas that contributed to the birth of the blues. Clapton narrates some really interesting stories, interspersed with concert footage. My respect for his playing increased after watching him perform on this presentation.

I tried to find it on youchube but no luck. The music album is there but not the original narrative. I did find the original music; I searched for "from the cradle, Eric Clapton live" and its there song by song.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: greco,

Never be more than one step away from your sword-Old Greek Wisdom

Posts: 2294 | Location: SE Mich-- USA | Registered: September 10, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Legalize the Constitution
Picture of TMats
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Echtermetzger:
Love that movie, but can't bring myself to watch it.

After what Robbie did to all the other members, I can't. He screwed them out of royalties for their writing credits. He is credited with all writing for each song from their albums, no shared credit.

Robbie is a dick.

I’m currently reading Robertson’s autobiography, “Testimony.” I’m probably 3/5 of the way through the book, they are still in Woodstock, NY at Big Pink, still collaborating heavily with Dylan, and haven’t taken the name The Band as yet.

I’ll be interested to see how Robertson addresses the royalties issue and the rift with Levon. The two of them go WAY BACK, to the early 60s with Ronnie Hawkins and they were best friends.

Like doublesharp, I also saw the Dylan/The Band Reunion Tour. Dylan played electrified, up-tempo versions of several songs from “Blood on the Tracks.” It was one of my all-time favorite concerts.

Posts: 13283 | Location: Wyoming | Registered: January 10, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
also "living in a material world"
on netflix

has Geo. Harrison's story .

a little long but a good watch as it
takes him off of the pedestal and makes him more of a real person ,
no where near as much great music in this show, why ? I don't know, lord knows he made a bunch.

Martin Scorsese did this one as well

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/...n_the_Material_World

Safety, Situational Awareness and proficiency.

Neck Ties, Hats and ammo brass, Never ,ever touch'em w/o asking first

Posts: 54666 | Location: Henry County , Il | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Political Cynic
Picture of nhtagmember
posted Hide Post
I have the large format book

its very good - a great read

[B] Against ALL enemies, foreign and DOMESTIC

Posts: 53205 | Location: Tucson Arizona | Registered: January 16, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post