SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    The New York Daily News will cut half of its newsroom staff
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The New York Daily News will cut half of its newsroom staff Login/Join 
Baroque Bloke
Picture of Pipe Smoker
posted
“NEW YORK (AP) - The New York tabloid Daily News will cut half of its newsroom staff, saying it wants to focus more on digital news.

The paper was sold to tronc Inc. last year for $1, with the owner of the Chicago Tribune assuming liabilities and debt.
In an email sent to staff Monday, tronc said staff at the Daily News will focus on breaking news involving "crime, civil justice and public responsibility."

Revenue and print circulation have been sliding at the newspaper for years, even as it provided critical coverage of health issues in public housing and for first responders after the Sept. 11 attacks.”

https://www.oaoa.com/news/busi...b8ece0.html?mode=jqm

Serious about crackers

Posts: 9002 | Location: San Diego | Registered: July 26, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
oh well. Roll Eyes

They do nothing but attack Trump with crap like this, so they can suck it.

Posts: 33882 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Drill Here, Drill Now
Picture of tatortodd
posted Hide Post
quote:
will focus on breaking news involving "crime, civil justice and public responsibility."

Coming soon to a MBA case study near you, strategies on how to dig a deeper financial hole expeditiously

Ego is the anesthesia that deadens the pain of stupidity

DISCLAIMER: These are the author's own personal views and do not represent the views of the author's employer.

Posts: 23317 | Location: Northern Suburbs of Houston | Registered: November 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of downtownv
posted Hide Post
One more liberal rag, GONE!

https://www.teampython.com

Posts: 8399 | Location: 18 miles long, 6 Miles at Sea | Registered: January 22, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of erj_pilot
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Pipe Smoker:
...the Daily News will focus on breaking news involving "crime, civil justice and public responsibility."

So the "new" paper will be titled "The Daily Trump Basher"??? I might have a shred of respect for Tronc, Inc. if it did so...

Buh Bye...

"If you’re a leader, you lead the way. Not just on the easy ones; you take the tough ones too…” – MAJ Richard D. Winters (1918-2011), E Company, 2nd Battalion, 506th Parachute Infantry Regiment, 101st Airborne

"Woe to those who call evil good, and good evil... Therefore, as tongues of fire lick up straw and as dry grass sinks down in the flames, so their roots will decay and their flowers blow away like dust; for they have rejected the law of the Lord Almighty and spurned the word of the Holy One of Israel." - Isaiah 5:20,24

Posts: 11066 | Location: NW Houston | Registered: April 04, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Happily Retired
Picture of Bassamatic
posted Hide Post
Yup. I could care less if they bordered up the windows.

.....never marry a woman who is mean to your waitress.

Posts: 5053 | Location: Lake of the Ozarks, MO. | Registered: September 05, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
No matter. Half of the news reporters can still make a newspaper full of lies.

Posts: 507 | Registered: February 14, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"Member"
Picture of cas
posted Hide Post
It's a good start, they're half way there!

Yeah the New York Daily News lost any semnlance of being a real news paper a while ago. No journalism, just hate. Even if I were a liberal, I'd be embarassed by/for them.

quote:
"the Daily News will focus on breaking news involving "crime, civil justice and public responsibility.

Confused That's what they think they're doing now! I guess they're going to cut out all the stuff that might actually be true, like the sports scores and the obituaries.

Posts: 21123 | Location: 18th & Fairfax  | Registered: May 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
delicately calloused
Picture of darthfuster
posted Hide Post
...and they still won't get it.

You’re a lying dog-faced pony soldier

Posts: 29731 | Location: Highland, Ut. | Registered: May 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Big Stack
posted Hide Post
I think all newspapers are circling the drain. This is a business caught against a big paradigm shift. Some are just closer to the drain than others.

Posts: 21240 | Registered: November 05, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
I like they all keep crying that it's this 30% increase in paper costs due to EVIL TRUMP's tariffs that is driving them out of business, do they really believe we are that stupid? Confused

Posts: 33882 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Political Cynic
Picture of nhtagmember
posted Hide Post
they actually have a real news room?

thats surprising....

[B] Against ALL enemies, foreign and DOMESTIC

Posts: 53234 | Location: Tucson Arizona | Registered: January 16, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
A long time ago that paper became indistinguishable from the National Enquirer.

Posts: 17281 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post