SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Daughter and Archery - Outdoor Nationals, Day 2
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Daughter and Archery - Outdoor Nationals, Day 2 Login/Join 
Jack of All Trades,
Master of Nothing
Picture of 2000Z-71
posted
Day 2 and the first day of qualifications is in the books. I gotta' say I'm extremely proud of our daughter. She tied her personal best outdoor performance today. Her final round she shot 3 points off from earning her Junior Olympic Bronze. The Olympian awards are a huge achievement for any JOAD archer. Even with that performance, she's in 15th place.

The score the girls were putting up this morning were phenomenal. Alexis Ruiz who's been one of our daughter's mentors set 2 national records this morning. Shooting conditions this morning were great; overcast, little wind and temps were reasonable. This afternoon when the compound men shot it was downright miserable.

Our daughter's performance today was extremely consistent. A perfect end is a score of 60, 9 out of 12 ends today she scored 57. She had one bad end when she didn't notice the shift in wind shot a couple of 8's for a 54 and a high scoring end of 58. Her total for the day was 677/720 averaging 9.4 per arrow.

It's been nice for our daughter getting reacquainted with her, "Second" archery family. The archers that she only sees at national level tournaments. She and her friend Sara from Colorado got assigned to the same bale today. It's great, they drive each other to do better, they shoot the same division and they aren't threatened by the other.

Day 2 of qualifications is tomorrow. She shoots in the afternoon and I gotta' say, I'm not looking forward to the afternoon heat and humidity. They are resigning bales tomorrow by their ranking today. Archers ranked 1st-4th are on one bale, archers ranked 5th-8th are on the next, and so on and so on. Not looking forward to that either, it was nice having Maya and Sara on the same bale today.

My pic of the day, every now and then I get lucky and catch an arrow.

To give an idea of size, this is one of two fields. The north field contains the 25m, 30m, 60m and 70m ranges.

Crappy picture of the south field with the 50m ranges.

What our daughter was doing to targets today, the top left one is hers.

Sometimes I really wonder what she is thinking out there, then I think I'm probably better off not knowing.

My daughter can deflate your daughter's soccer ball.

Posts: 11768 | Location: Eagle River, AK | Registered: September 12, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Old, Slow,
but Lucky!
Picture of dsmack
posted Hide Post
You GO, Maya!

We're all rooting for you across this land of ours Cool

Don

Posts: 3418 | Location: Spokane, WA | Registered: March 15, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Eating elephants
one bite at a time
Picture of ffips
posted Hide Post
Keep it up! Smile

Posts: 3573 | Location: in the southwest Atlanta metro area | Registered: September 10, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Great Shooting Maya. Congrats.

Posts: 781 | Location: KC Metro MO | Registered: November 23, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post