SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Feeler: Any Interest In Getting Together To Shoot In The Orlando Area?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Feeler: Any Interest In Getting Together To Shoot In The Orlando Area? Login/Join 
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted
HRK and I were discussing this, and would like to see if there is any interest in organizing a half day or so of shooting at a gun club with a nice outdoor range, in the Orlando area. https://www.eustisgunclub.org

Please post in this thread, if you would like to do this, and also mention what day of the week would be best for you.

I personally prefer weekdays because there are fewer people at the gun club, but most of y'all probably work weekdays. For the weekend folks, which is better -- Saturday, or Sunday?

Note that the pistol area at the club I belong to is not available on the first or third Saturday each month; IDPA, and cowboy, respectively. It is generally available all other days of the month.

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 31490 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Yeah, that M14 video guy...
Picture of benny6
posted Hide Post
I'm in for a weekday!

Owner, TonyBen, LLC, Type-07 FFL
www.tonybenm14.com (Site under construction).
e-mail: tonyben@tonybenm14.com

Posts: 5540 | Location: Auburndale, FL | Registered: February 13, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Absolutely.

Posts: 7540 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by V-Tail:
Note that the pistol area at the club I belong to is not available on the first or third Saturday each month; IDPA, and cowboy, respectively. It is generally available all other days of the month.

Well, there goes my assless chap cowboy outfit, maybe the SF Unitard....

Weekdays are challenging, for me Thursdays, Fridays are my slower days of the week I'll go with the flow though, just let me know

Posts: 24395 | Location: Gunshine State | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by HRK:

Weekdays are challenging, for me Thursdays, Fridays are my slower days of the week I'll go with the flow though, just let me know
Saturdays other than first and third ones of the month are generally available, as are (almost) all Sundays, so weekends are not out of the picture, but weekdays are preferable from an availability standpoint.

Let's wait a bit and see what kind of response we get. I know that there are quite a few SIGforum members in, or near, the Orlando area. The club is actually a bit northwest of Orlando, located in Tavares, adjacent to the Lake County Sheriff Department training facility.

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 31490 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Loves His Wife
Picture of BRL
posted Hide Post
I was fortunate enough to attend one of these with my son when he was going to school at Embry Riddle. We had a great time. We got a tour of V-Tail’s hangar, enjoyed some tasty BBQ and got to meet some great people including the late great Paragon.

Wish I wasn’t 1,500 miles away.

I am not BIPOLAR. I don't even like bears.

Posts: 12965 | Location: Western WI | Registered: January 05, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of RichardC
posted Hide Post

Not third Sundays.

Posts: 16233 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 23, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Fridays would be good. But I can arrange just about any day with notice.

Posts: 1782 | Location: Central Florida | Registered: August 08, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fourth line skater
Picture of goose5
posted Hide Post
Many years ago we used to have a shoot yearly here in Colorado. Attended one. But, the Pueblo to Fort Morgan drive was a bit much. Post photos or it didn't happen.

Posts: 7659 | Location: Pueblo, CO | Registered: July 03, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post