SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    A poll: Are you a tidy person?
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

A poll: Are you a tidy person? Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
quote:
Dating tip: On your first date with any woman, try to get a look into her car. If it looks like a motorized dumpster.... Run!

^^^^^^^
An apartment manager once told me look at their car before you rent an apartment. She felt there was a pretty good correlation.

Posts: 17282 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
King Nothing
Picture of SigSauerP226
posted Hide Post
I'm borderline OCD when I can be. Having kids and a wife who aren't so much, sometimes I have to say f' it and just let things be messy. Just a couple random examples are when I fold paper and staple it at work, I align the edges and make it perfect and staple it so there is equal space above and next to it. My wife always gives me shit about folding clothes, so she doesn't fold mine because I always re-fold it. When we had our first kid, her sister said I won't want to take the time to fold perfectly, but instead it just took longer because I had more clothes to fold perfectly. My gig line is on point all day because I check throughout the day. There's many many more examples, but you get the idea.

...Then it comes to be that the soothing light at the end of your tunnel, is just a freight train coming your way...

Posts: 2448 | Location: Simi Valley, CA | Registered: September 25, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Certified All Positions
Picture of arcwelder
posted Hide Post
I do like things to go where they belong, but it is not important.

Arc.
"You're a junkyard dog." - Lupe Flores. RIP

Posts: 27022 | Location: On fire, off the shoulder of Orion | Registered: June 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Disorder and chaos are the enemy!

Two things bring me to tears. The unconditional Love of God,the service of the United States Military,past,present,and future.

I would rather meet
a slick-sleeve private,
than a hollywood star!

Posts: 2339 | Registered: February 28, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I’m a macro organizer where as my wife is a micro organizer.

I might keep certain things in a particular drawer, for example, but don’t worry that everything in the drawer is always in the same spot.

Posts: 3956 | Location: UNK | Registered: October 04, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of lastmanstanding
posted Hide Post
I like things put away and in their place in the house but not obsessive about it. The wife never was and never will be a house keeper. Put bluntly she is a mess maker. Wherever she spends time in the house say next to where she sits in the living room or her night stand next to the bed is a disaster. Her car is a dumpster on wheels. I used to fight it but don't any longer.You know that whole pick your battles thing.

I'm retired so I can keep the house pretty cleaned and organized. I have no problems wet mopping floors doing dishes etc. I go through the house about twice a week or so getting things organized but I will never touch her mess. It's a contrast when the entire house is clean except for where she spends her time but she doesn't let it bother her so that's just the way the two of us roll.

Now that we have a lake place I spend a lot of time there. She is still working so she's at home except for the weekends she's at the lake. When I come home to the house it's a mess. A whole weeks worth of mail is on the kitchen counter top. For some reason that one thing bothers me more than any of the other mess.

Oh well it's worked for going on 40 years here pretty soon.

"Fixed fortifications are monuments to mans stupidity" - George S. Patton

Posts: 8539 | Location: Minnesota | Registered: June 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I like to keep things where I'm using them. Since I never get past 95% finished with any fricking thing, you get chaos.
I'm ok with it.

Posts: 3299 | Location: IN | Registered: January 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I'm very tidy, but, sometimes when I'm working on something, I tend to lay whatever tool I'm using down and then somebody moves it somewhere and I can't find it. Roll Eyes

Bob

Posts: 1585 | Location: TampaBay | Registered: May 22, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of UTsig
posted Hide Post
My home is a showplace, except for my office! My wife does not enter it and shuts the door when we have visitors. I love when I can't find something that I know I have, the search is always entertaining.

"Nature scares me" a quote by my friend Bob after a rough day at sea.

Posts: 3407 | Location: Utah's Dixie | Registered: January 29, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Info Guru
Picture of BamaJeepster
posted Hide Post
He's clean and tidy...

Obviously just kidding Big Grin

I like to be somewhat organized and keep things relatively clean, but nowhere near a neat freak or germaphobe. Playing team sports and serving in the military took care of any germaphobia!

“Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passions, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence.”
- John Adams

Posts: 29408 | Location: In the red hinterlands of Deep Blue VA | Registered: June 29, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Jimineer:
I’m a macro organizer where as my wife is a micro organizer.

I like that. I'm a macro organizer too. I tend to lump similar things together, but don't bother to sort them further than that. Similar things tend to get stacked together, or stuck in a drawer together, but the organization stops there.

Posts: 32562 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Unfortunately, yes.
I kind of have to know where everything is.
I'm lucky that it's me and the dog only at the house or I'd probably drive someone goofy.
My daughter sees it when she comes home once in a while and she just rolls her eyes.
I don't really lose anything though as it's put back where it's supposed to be. Except for that hammer. My fault and I got way distracted and set it down where it was not even needed.

I'd rather be hated for who I am than loved for who I'm not.

Posts: 3652 | Location: The armpit of Ohio | Registered: August 18, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post