SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Conservatives Call On Mitch McConnell To Resign
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Conservatives Call On Mitch McConnell To Resign Login/Join 
Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted
Conservatives Call On Mitch McConnell To Resign

Conservatives are fed up.

A slew of prominent conservatives, from Tea Party Patriots to Freedom Works to the Senate Conservatives Fund are calling for Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell -- along with top Senate GOP leadership -- to resign over their inability to get anything done.

“It’s time for new leadership," FreedomWorks President Adam Brandon said in a statement. "Mitch McConnell has been a failure in the Senate and has cost Republicans almost a year of victories. He has demonstrated that he either does not understand the frustration coming from conservatives and the urgency of passing key legislation – or he does not care."

In a lengthy letter signed by Brandon, Ken Cuccinelli, president of the Senate Conservatives Fund, Jenny Beth Martin, co-founder of Tea Party Patriots, David Bozell, president of For America, the leaders outline their complaints.

2017 has been a disappointing year for the millions of Americans who fully expected, and had every right to expect real change in Washington. Republicans were given full control of the federal government. They – you – have done nothing. Worse, it is painfully clear that you intend to do nothing because, as is most apparent, you had no intention of honoring your solemn commitments to the American people. You were not going to “drain the swamp.”

You are the swamp. You and the rest of your leadership team were given the majority because you pledged to stop the steady flow of illegal immigration. You have done nothing. You pledged to reduce the size of this oppressive federal government. You have done nothing. You pledged to reduce, and ultimately eliminate the out-of-control deficit spending that is bankrupting America. You have done nothing.

You promised to repeal Obamacare, “root and branch.” You have done nothing. You promised tax reform. You have done nothing.

You don’t even show up for work.

Read the whole letter here.
http://d7.freedomworks.org.s3....%2011Oct17%20(1).pdf

The leaders are particularly miffed about the failure to replace Obamacare.

President Trump reasonably asked when he arrived in the White House “Where is the bill?” After seven long years, you didn’t have a bill ready to go. You scheduled no committee hearings when you knew some in your caucus would not tolerate a bill without hearings. You had no plan at all.

America has not forgotten that Obamacare does not apply to you. You and your leadership team saw to that, even when far more ethical members of Congress tried to change that slippery exemption. That is not “leadership.” That’s cronyism, and precisely why the American people want the swamp drained.

Martin, co-founder of Tea Party Patriots, said in a statement posted on teapartypatriots.org:

Perhaps if Congress were not benefiting from its illegal special exemption from ObamaCare, if members of the House and Senate and their staffs were actually living under the law the way it was written, paying the full price and bearing the same burdens that the rest of us have to live with, they’d understand just how painful ObamaCare really is, and they’d have a personal stake in repealing it.

But as long as Mitch McConnell is Majority Leader of the United States Senate, that illegal special exemption for Congress is going to stay in place.

All these failures have one thing in common – they represent a FAILURE of LEADERSHIP.

Mitch McConnell has had his chance. He has failed to deliver. It is TIME FOR HIM TO GO.

http://www.dailywire.com/news/...l-resign-joseph-curl

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible."
-- Justice Janice Rogers Brown

"The United States government is the largest criminal enterprise on earth."
-rduckwor

Posts: 24554 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: April 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bad dog!
Picture of justjoe
posted Hide Post
You know when you think of the darkest moments of the French Revolution-- some aristocratic fop in silk stockings and a lace shirt... harumping and protesting as his elitist ass is hauled off to the guillotine...? I always picture Mitch McConnell.

"You get much farther with a kind word and a gun than with a kind word alone."

Posts: 11194 | Location: pennsylvania | Registered: June 05, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
They should ask the same of Paul Ryan.

A man should acknowledge his losses just as gracefully as he celebrates his victories

Remember, in politics it's not who you know...it's what you know about who you know

Posts: 822 | Location: CA | Registered: February 01, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Music's over turn
out the lights
Picture of David W
posted Hide Post
It is hard to imagine they have wasted damn near a year, I agree, both Ryan and McConnell should be ashamed of themselves. But, as we all know the swamp folk probably tell themselves how great a job they are doing.

David W.

Rather fail with honor than succeed by fraud. -Sophocles

Posts: 3645 | Location: Winston Salem, N.C. | Registered: May 30, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oh stewardess,
I speak jive.
Picture of 46and2
posted Hide Post
I appreciate the sentiment, and agree that he and Paul Ryan cause more harm than good and are anything but actually-conservative or even actually on our side, but thinking either (or anyone similar) would resign is pure fantasy, no more likely than you could reason a shit covered pig away from a never ending trough of prime rib and ice cream.

Vote the pieces of shit out. It's the only real way.

Posts: 25613 | Registered: March 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Vote the pieces of shit out. It's the only real way.

Right.
Of course no one thinks Mitch McConnell will actually resign because these guys (and gals) asked him to... but this does serve a purpose.
It draws attention to Mitch McConnell's failures as seen by conservative groups he claims to be his base.
The truth is, he's no conservative and conservatives need to call him out rather than give him cover. If he elects to run again, I would bet he is primaried, and this helps a primary challenger.

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible."

-rduckwor

Posts: 24554 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: April 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I believe in the
principle of
Due Process
Picture of JALLEN
posted Hide Post
Who would do the job better?

McConnell has 99 other egomaniacs to try to herd, all of whom have their own political baggage, and few of whom he selected.

He can’t control his own fellow Kentuckian, anymore than John Cornyn has much control over, and maybe not even much influence with, Ted Cruz.

That more or less assumes that everything would be wonderful if he could deliver 52 votes, but reality is that the Senate rules require 60, and more so than any previous Congress, the God Damned Commies are implacably opposed to anything Trump might approve.

So, who would it be?

This message has been edited. Last edited by: JALLEN,

Luckily, I have enough willpower to control the driving ambition that rages within me.

When you had the votes, we did things your way. Now, we have the votes and you will be doing things our way. This lesson in political reality from Lyndon B. Johnson

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible." - Justice Janice Rogers Brown

Posts: 48369 | Location: Texas hill country | Registered: July 04, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Knows too little
about too much
Picture of rduckwor
posted Hide Post
Yes, please.

RMD

TL Davis: “The Second Amendment is special, not because it protects guns, but because its violation signals a government with the intention to oppress its people…”
Remember: After the first one, the rest are free.

Posts: 20385 | Location: L.A. - Lower Alabama | Registered: April 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
quote:
So, who would it be?

The leaders said they aren’t backing specific lawmakers to replace McConnell and his deputies. But they offered praise to several current senators.

“If I had to pick someone, I’d love to draft like Pat Toomey maybe,” FreedomWorks President Adam Brandon said of the Pennsylvania senator. “There’s a lot of different people out there who I think could unite this caucus and actually lead on some issues.”

Asked about Georgia Sen. David Perdue, Jenny Beth Martin of Tea Party Patriots suggested she could support him as leader. “I’m from Georgia, so I’m not opposed to him,” Martin said, praising his background as a CEO before being elected to the Senate.

“Who would I select?” said Brent Bozell of the Media Research Center. “I’m not going to name a name. But I’ll tell you. It’s on one hand those that I feel comfortable with who are real conservative leaders today.”

'If this was a football team, and you’d lost this many times, you’d start seriously considering firing the coaches.'

-rduckwor

Picture of 2BobTanner
posted Hide Post
McConnell’s current Senate term is up in 2020. With his popularity and poll ratings in the toilet here in Kentucky, I believe he won’t stand for re-election; his ego wouldn’t let him accept being defeated.

---------------------
LGBFJB

"Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it." — Mark Twain

“Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard.” — H. L. Mencken

Posts: 2791 | Location: Falls of the Ohio River, Kain-tuk-e | Registered: January 13, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post